Mothering Forum banner

Is this discrimination?

680 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ilikethedesert 
#1 ·
Ooh, I'm angry!
I had plans to take my three kids, ages almost 6, 3.5 and 7 months to a children's marionette show at 1pm this Sunday with some friends at the Quick Center for the Arts at Fairfield University. I've come to find out that they do not allow children under 2 years of age because they've had too many disruptions. I could understand if it were not a children's show, but it is and it's in the middle of the day! All the people bringing their children had them start off as babies, no?
I've been to other theaters where the policy is that unruly babies are asked to be brought out of the theater if the need arises, but isn't it discrimination to say people of a certain age aren't allowed at all??????

I'm fuming. I've already called the office of the President and spoke to the Box Office Manager who said it just isn't their policy to allow children under two. He also threw in that it is a fire hazard to have someone on your lap. Bologna. It's not a fire hazard in any other public place I've ever been.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.