#91 of 306 Old 01-20-2006, 03:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is their testing index:

http://www.biolab.co.uk/datashet.html

Home page:

http://www.biolab.co.uk/tests.html

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#92 of 306 Old 01-20-2006, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS
And you played a very large role in that MT
Does that mean you now look like a greying dragon with 40 heads, which breathes fire, and is more stubborn than stubborness itself?

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#93 of 306 Old 01-20-2006, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara
The question was, "What is the present method of testing for cellular mercury concentration?"

Don't ask me what I was thinking.
#94 of 306 Old 01-20-2006, 03:43 AM

Probably that I needed my head looking at.

#95 of 306 Old 01-20-2006, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Well, what some people here have found is that selenium added to their normal schedule has meant they don't have so many infections in winter, if any at all.... but then they are also Vitamin C nuts, and love garlic, so there's some other confoundings for you.
I'm 2/3 of the way there, then. I love garlic, put it in everything and take Vitamin C daily. Adding Selenium and E will hopefully keep my immunity, and DS's, up. No sickness so far and he's 5 months old (for either of us).

Quote:
Makes you want to run away and hide, huh?
Very much. So very much.

Quote:
Well, "safe" removal was a disaster for me. But then I'm queer.
I think it, and what I've been reading, is making me think that I'll wait and take my chances with the Selenium/E/C route. Once I've finished nursing I'll look into removal again. I don't want to rick my son, but in ways it looks like 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Quote:
Was myocarditis ever found?
It would be difficult to differentiate - he was born in heart failure, and the right side of his heart enlarged. It never really got smaller. He essentially had half a heart, which they were working to "reroute" the circulation so that that half could pump all of the blood. That is done in three stages. He had the first two, and then his tricuspid valve started (not suddenly, it had progressed over time) leaking severely, so they decided they needed to replace or repair the valve. This is the surgery after which he died, despite the surgery itself going perfectly. He had a small stroke, then began seizing, then just gave up the fight.

The thing that I found to be the most difficult about the entire situation is that I have always felt an inherent discomfort with allopathic medicine. Always. We had Quinn at home. I never went to the doctor for anything - when I was sick, I ate well, took vitamin C and zinc, waited it out. So when Quinn was diagnosed with this defect two days after his birth (he was never strong enough to nurse, so we took him in to the hospital thinking we'd get him hydrated and talk with an LC and then go home), I felt so helpless. Surgery was the only option - HLHS is always fatal - he was starting to die when we got him there, his systems had already begun to shut down.

I all of a sudden was left feeling like I had no choice but to trust the medical establishment, and that was terrifying, because my entire life, I had never trusted it before. It felt sort of all or nothing, so I sort of stopped doing extraneous research and just focused everything on the (so very little) information out there about his condition.

Vividly I remember knowing at least something about there being an option to not vaqccinate and that it felt right not to, but what I didn't realize was just how blindly doctors put their faith in all things allopathic, therefore not doing any of their own research. So when we were in the ped's office and I said to him, "Are vaccinations really necessary? I mean, do we really need them?" and he said, "yes, because Quinn has a compromised immune system we really need to vaccinate him," I believed him. Because he had years of schooling, right? So surely here, this young uber-healthy marathon-running doctor had surely done his research, right? He certainly must know what he is talking about?

And I allowed the vaccines, even though my heart felt like it was being ripped from me every time he had to have them. And that was before I'd ever done any reading on the subject. That was just my "Mommy-ness" talking.

I basically put down any reading I had been doing on anything other than sound nutrition until after he died. I was really just so focused on his life - I knew we didn't have him for long, despite the prognosis being fairly positive. I just felt it.

Am I rambling? I'll wrap this up. Just to say that now I've spent all kinds of time and effort reading all about vaccines and mercury and toxins and nutrition, etc etc. And if I knew then what I know now...

Sometimes I want to use it against myself, but what good would it do? It won't bring my son back. But I CAN use what I learn now, on my other son, to do the best I can to give him a healthy life. And myself, for that matter.

Um, that really went on a tangent. Sorry. I guess I had more to say than I knew.
#96 of 306 Old 01-20-2006, 10:12 AM

You are not rambling. You should know I'm the queen of tomes around here

I have read it very carefully... s: : and if you think you wrote too much, I've had to write a book to get similar feelings out of my system .

We could all say "If I knew then what I know now...."

What's the saying? Good judgement comes from experience which comes from bad judgement"?

All you can say is that no matter how you feel about your decision, the fact is that Quinn would never have had the "life" he was meant to have. And maybe the purpose of his life was to get you to the point where you really, truly, thought about many things, so that his death's mission was to make your future family a lot lot safer.

It may be a concept that sound's like the death of one, to save many, and not one people can handle... but I believe that good always comes out of adversity and that we should concentrate on that, and the positives, because an oak tree,... grows from a tiny nut. And sometimes this is what it takes to make us really analyse things.

I'm glad you said it. Are you? s:

#97 of 306 Old 01-20-2006, 10:30 AM

chasmyn, I am so sorry.

I regret vaxing our first son too....I didn't vax the other four after him. I try not to beat myself up about it, because we didn't know....we BELIEVED doctors back then.

Quote:
I don't know the ins/outs of chelation because we never got up to that point with the immunologist since diet and supplementation were essentially having it's own "detoxing" effect, so we never chelated.
Have you verified this by hair test? Andy Cutler says the diet and sups are not what's important, its that they bring you to the chelation, and chelation is the only way to get the heavy metals out, especially lead and mercury. He also says that a round of sauna (or was it four rounds?) is equal to 50 mg DMSA, but that a lot of these children are heat sensitive. Our son won't step foot in the sauna as of yet....but he will take a pill...so we are going to use DMSA...
#98 of 306 Old 01-20-2006, 03:41 PM

Quote:
All you can say is that no matter how you feel about your decision, the fact is that Quinn would never have had the "life" he was meant to have. And maybe the purpose of his life was to get you to the point where you really, truly, thought about many things, so that his death's mission was to make your future family a lot lot safer.

It may be a concept that sound's like the death of one, to save many, and not one people can handle... but I believe that good always comes out of adversity and that we should concentrate on that, and the positives, because an oak tree,... grows from a tiny nut. And sometimes this is what it takes to make us really analyse things.

I'm glad you said it. Are you? s:
I agree with you on that - that good can come from adversity. And that there is something to be learned from everything. Its how we handle situations, our reactions, that shape our lives. And having Quinn REALLY had me take into account just how strongly I felt about life being natural - all of it. It seems that we are designed to be complate. That this planet offers us all we need to live, be, stay healthful and strong - so why did we have to go and muck it all up by thinking that man could do better by creating artificial anything to introduce into a natural world?

That question leaves me shaking my head over and over...although I will concede to computers and the internet.

And yes, I'm glad I said it - I felt as I was writing everything that it was a sort of catharsis - I have not been able to say to anyone before just how much of a connection I saw in all of my circumstances and Quinn's heart. And how much it pained me to offer him over to the medical establishment because that was the only way I knew to save his life. Because I was not then confident enough in my knowledge to say, "Okay, well, you can do some things but here is where I draw the line, this is where *I* get to say no." I mean I did to an extent but I felt like I had no other choice but to trust them, and it felt like an all or nothing proposition. And now I know better.
#99 of 306 Old 01-20-2006, 07:33 PM

s: :

#100 of 306 Old 01-21-2006, 12:28 AM

Quote:
In England they do it this way:

http://www.biolab.co.uk/docs/kelmer.pdf
Thank you but this is the very dangerous "Challenge Test"

Pass!

Hey maybe I know more than I thought...
#101 of 306 Old 01-21-2006, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Does that mean you now look like a greying dragon with 40 heads, which breathes fire, and is more stubborn than stubborness itself?

YES!! And damn proud of it!!

Medusa Head has been my nickname for years however did you know?

#102 of 306 Old 01-21-2006, 12:41 AM

Chasmyn,

Thank you so much for being here and telling your story and being so honest.
#103 of 306 Old 01-21-2006, 01:47 AM

We used an organic natural chelator called NDF Plus. http://www.bioray2000.com/products.html
IMHO, it's a better alternative to chemicalized, made in a lab, chelators. The website has challenge results and NDF Plus is only excreted through the kidneys. The nanonized ingredients cross the gut/blood barrier and so the risk of auto intoxication is greatly decreased. Damaged kids have poor gut systems, often are constipated, so autointoxication is a real risk to consider before chelation. Because this goes through the kidneys and out the urine, the risk is much lower.
http://www.bioray2000.com/labs.html this link has DMPS challenges and NDF plus results.
Another unique thing with NDF Plus is that it contans the following " 25% probiotic predigested drainage and support ingredients: milk thistle, horsetail, himmematzutake (agaricus blazei), reishi (ganoderma lucidum) and cordyceps; thus also providing the necessary bioavailable immune support factors, the enzymes and ionic trace minerals for their utilization, and most important, fulvic acid for bioactivation."
Nanonized Chlorella is the chelating ingredient and that was sourced meticulously.

DAMS, Inc www.amalgam.org has resources for holistic amalgam extraction as well as toxic metal/mineral cleansing using common foods.
Getting rid of toxic metals is important to all of us.

Wife to my wonderful Pablo, mum to Roo 8/10/01, Vin 1/10/07, Bug 6/3/07, Butterbean 12/12/09
#104 of 306 Old 01-21-2006, 01:54 AM

They're a clay bath that one can take to pull the metals out of the body. The DAMS guy knows what's it's called. My holistic dentist was telling me about it and now I can't remember the name.
We like to use the dual ionic footbaths too. They pull out lots of junk, bypassing normal excretory systems, so it is not hard on the gut, liver, kindeys. However, it does pull out minerals, so you have to take your calcium and liquid minerals afterword. What's cool is that it will pull out yeast and inflammation. ANyway, that's another thread...

Wife to my wonderful Pablo, mum to Roo 8/10/01, Vin 1/10/07, Bug 6/3/07, Butterbean 12/12/09
#105 of 306 Old 01-21-2006, 06:18 AM

No its not MammaV it belongs on this thread. It's better IMO to have all this stuff in one place.

Now, where's that dragon emoticon

#106 of 306 Old 01-21-2006, 06:19 AM

Jane S. I didn't know. Perhaps birds of a feather flock together, so we are all dragons...

#107 of 306 Old 01-21-2006, 12:54 PM

How about making an emoticon that represents a dragon named autism...given a vitamin and keeling over and poofing into fairy dust and leaving a happy child emoticon!
#108 of 306 Old 01-21-2006, 12:59 PM

I like to use emoticons as you can see...
#109 of 306 Old 01-22-2006, 12:37 AM

There are some pretty scary stories about NDF on Autism-Mercury and Adult Metal Chelation Yahoo groups.

I commented on the dangers I've learned about using cilantro and chlorella for chelators in the 'Prepping for Pregnancy' thread.

I know chlorella goes thru the gut... and the gut is the primary source of heavy metal excretion, so I have to say the claim about the kidneys doesn't sound right to me either.

MammaV,

Are the clay baths using bentonite?
#110 of 306 Old 01-22-2006, 02:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS
Thank you but this is the very dangerous "Challenge Test"

Pass!

Hey maybe I know more than I thought...

I had no idea what you were talking about so I googled:

For anyone else who did not know... although sometimes I seem to be the only one going

http://www.dmpsbackfire.com/test/default.shtml

Quote:
A protocol for diagnosing chronic mercury toxicity is the “DMPS challenge test”. The patient is injected or infused with approximately 250mg of DMPS. After this infusion, the patient sends a 24-hour urine sample to a testing laboratory. The results will always show high levels of mercury, even in patients with no discernible health problems.

There’s a simple reason for this. It’s because the reference values, or norms to which they are comparing the patient’s urine are for healthy populations who have not had an injection of a metal chelator like DMPS. It is a misleading, even fraudulent report. Some physicians are as fooled as the patients. They don’t understand that the results are skewed. See Dr. Elmer Cranton’s website for more discussion of this test. (www.drcranton.com)

I contacted one of the labs performing this test and spoke to the Vice President. He admitted to me that the results were misleading, and promised to “correct” this by including an explanation in the written report accompanying the lab results. I haven’t seen it yet.

Don’t be fooled by this test. It may be that mercury is causing health problems for you, or maybe not. But this test is not an accurate indicator of how “mercury poisoned” a patient is. And it is an effective tool to scare patients into lengthy and expensive detoxification programs.
#111 of 306 Old 01-22-2006, 02:55 AM

that test wasn't the test done on me, and I can't remember. I was sick as a dog. But they did tests on all the so-called toxic metals and the three that had been high, all came back vastly lower, and my overall minerals had balanced out very well.

#112 of 306 Old 01-22-2006, 03:22 AM
Banned

Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that birth control pills cause vitamin/mineral imbalances and could contribute to autism...is this true for other hormonal meathods as well, such as the Minera IUD? I was considering getting that after I have this baby, and even though I don't have autism in my family I'd rather not risk it, and I do worry about messing with my hormones.

Excellent and fascinating discussion!
#113 of 306 Old 01-22-2006, 03:46 AM

anything that affects the hormones enough to stop a lining shedding could have similar issues. As far as I know, the Minera IUD has never been subjected to the studies that Ellen Grant and others have done with the Pill.

It's not so much that it contributes to autism, but that the use of hormone disrupts the mineral balance, which then disturbs the smooth running of metabolic pathways. If enough of them are disturbed, and there are many ways to do that, like hormone mimicking sprays as well....plastics...and diet in general, then that could contribute to a shakey foundation for a baby.

To me, everything that can be avoided by using another way could be constructively considered, as well as looking to improve what you can do on a basic level.

#114 of 306 Old 01-22-2006, 05:08 PM

RE: Challenge Tests

Thank you for posting that Pumpkinsmama, that site is a perfect example of the wrong way to do chelation, ie. large doses given too far apart.

I must correct myself however...

I was reading Cutler's book again and there is a safe(r) way to do a Challenge Test. That is to split the dose (safe dose is dependent on weight as well) into smaller doses and take them every 2 hours from 14-18 hrs to have a constant level of chelator in the bloodstream.

He does reiterate that a challenge test is not a good diagnostic tool however but many doctors who are unfamiliar with chelation do it based it on 1998 ed. of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, where a 2 gm of DMSA is taken and 24 hr urine is collected for testing past mercury exposure. So Cutlers "safer" method is the same dosage but spread out over 14-18hrs.

Just to reiterate, his primary recommendation for determing toxic metal problems is a specific Hair Elements test.
#115 of 306 Old 01-22-2006, 08:22 PM

I'm just going to wait until we have all our supplements established, then do a round of "low and slow" every 4 hour DMSA chelation for three days or so followed by a urine test. That will be the same as a challenge test in my book....then every 2 months or so during chelation repeat a urine test....and the minimum of other testing to do chelation safely. Money is an issue with us, and we have six people waiting in line to chelate after our oldest son, so I'm thinking the cheaper I do it, the faster I can move on to my next son. I will get everyone a hair test first. There has to be some way of determining who needs chelation the most, and proceed to them next. I think either my husband, youngest son, or I would be next in line. I am not wanting to mess around or waste any time. DS is doing great on all of the supplements and yeast fighters...
#116 of 306 Old 01-22-2006, 09:39 PM

Is chelation another thing I don't want to do while breastfeeding? It seems that the answer is obvious...should I just stick to my selenium, zinc and C?

I just want to do all I can to make sure that DS gets as little of my metal toxins as possible. I'm assuming that the selenium, C and zinc will go to him at least a little in my milk, so that will help I think.

Would it do me any good to do testing at this point? And will an MD do that here in the states or do I need to ask an NP?

I am finding this thread so valueable. Thank you, Mamas!
#117 of 306 Old 01-22-2006, 11:12 PM

Definately NO chelation while bf'ing. Chelation frees metals from your organs into your bloodstream.

My reading is telling me the hair test is the best and least invasive, which you can do yourself thru www.directlabs.com, ask for the Hair Elements test from Doctor's Data. Interpretation here and in Cutler's books:

http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/HOW_TO_hair_test.html
#118 of 306 Old 01-22-2006, 11:14 PM

Bestbirths,

Good luck with everything, keep us posted

Are you getting your DMSA from VRP?
#119 of 306 Old 01-22-2006, 11:15 PM

One more thing, if you do chelation while you still have amalgams in your mouth you will probably chelate more mercury out of them.
#120 of 306 Old 01-25-2006, 02:14 AM

I'm back. DH had the computer for work the last couple days and I was booted off. I wrote this two different times in two documents, so I hope it's not too disjointed.
no, the clay baths were not bentonite, We use that at home as well. The clay baths are magnetic clay. LL's Magnetic Clay www.magneticclay.com detoxes metals through the skin.
The difference with the chlorella in NDF Plus is that it is nanonized thus being able to cross the blood/gut barrier and be processed through the kidneys instead of the gut.
Some people did experience problems with NDF, which is why NDF plus was created. NDF Plus includes probiotics and herbal support for the excretory systems as well as 1/2 as much Chlorella. It is recommended to take it in small amounts for detox and to follow the "happy patient detox list" in order to prevent serious healing crisis.(I'll look for it I'm on DH's computer)
I've heard of many using DMPS and DMSA for chelating kids w/ ASD experiencing regression. DMPS and DMSA will drop the metals, to my understanding, causing the weakened body to have to deal with large amounts of metals in the gut and body systems. Hence, the regression.
THerefore, it is equally important to support the body with proper nutrition during a chelation in order to aid in the cleansing and excretion of the metals. That's why the 3 minute egg is so important. It will bind to extra bits of metals and excrete them. THe compounds in the egg will not drop the metals.
Sam Queen has a book on detox with food especially eggs. He's a top guru with detox.
Klinghardt is an author who has interesting things to say about DMSA and it's safety and efficacy. Hal Huggins is vehemently against DMPS. These guys are more in support of using foods and quality supplements.
NCDE - natural cellular defense by Waiora. www.waiora.com is a new product out on the market for metals detox. Don't have an opinion of them, but my DAMS guy told me about them.
There are body pure foot pads that can be applied to the bottom of the feet to pull metals out as well.
metalx is a product based on peat that is specially mined in Hungary. It will detoxify metals from the body.

It's imparative to remeber to go Low and Slow when detoxing. Time is your friend. Don’t push too fast and too hard.

Ionic footbaths pull heavy metals too. Ideal is a bath with both polarities. Heat things like saunas will stimulate heavy metal release through the kidneys and liver. Those systems must be ready or you will autointoxify.

According to Dr. Amy Yasko of Maine (ND/PhD) VAX injured kids are considered to have lowgrade viral infections. Use garlic to kill off the low grade viral infections and then Mercury can mobilze better. She treats kids w/ asd. It's important to avoid msg and aspartame. MSG is hidden as flavors and hydrolyzed vegetable protein. Avoid any glutamates. They are excitotoxins. There's an earlier post on that.
Dr. Russell Blaylock is a neurologist with a good book on excitotoxins. It's available through DAMS. –He also has a website. I don't have that address, but I'm sure you can google it.
Cysteine(as a supplement) Do not take it. It’s an excitotoxin. Does not help to detox metals.

For myself, I was confident in using NDF Plus. I had preformed two liver/gallbladder cleanses and have no amalgams. As a healthy adult with good nutrition, it was a good choice for me. We all are responsible for doing our own research and making informed choices. With proper education, we know what our body can handle. I was happy with my experience with NDF Plus.
I've also used the ionic footbath and love that too. Too bad they cost so much.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page