What causes autism? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What's your theory?
And what part, if any, does the MMR play?

(I couldn't resist being the starter of an impending spinoff thread)
#2 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 02:32 AM

:

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#3 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 02:38 AM

Without going into crazy detail, I believe the majority of autism cases were caused by mercury's inabiliy to be excreted from the body.

MMR's role: The mercury being the catalyst for the measles virus to enter the gut.
#4 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIsland
Without going into crazy detail, I believe the majority of autism cases were caused by mercury's inabiliy to be excreted from the body.

MMR's role: The mercury being the catalyst for the measles virus to enter the gut.
So how do you think the virus in the gut affects the brain to cause autism?
#5 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 03:24 AM

Hokaaayyyyy........ says she dipping her foot in the water.

Not going to give my opinion to you on a plate.

Gonna ask questions first.

This is called laying a foundation upon which to build.

1) How much do you know about Gut Flora?

2) What do you know about the GALT and BALT systems and how they relate to the whole?

3) How much you you understand about the impact of minerals on the immune system pre-pregnancy and in utero?

4) How does the gut change during pregnancy, and why?

5) Leaving aside mercury what do you know about the impact ofthings like these http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3723934.stm on an adult, let alone a child?

6) What impact does hormone mimicking chemicals, including the pill have on the minerals in the body, and therefore the immune system, and how might that impact on a child in utero?

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#6 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakay
So how do you think the virus in the gut affects the brain to cause autism?
I'm cutting and pasting the opiad theory of autism info. from a few different sites, so it may not "flow," but you'll get the point:

On February 28, 1998, Wakefield reported in The Lancet a possible connection among inflammatory bowel disease, autism, and viral infection associated with measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccination. The damage from autism is thought to be provoked by an allergic reaction initiated by the body's reaction to the vaccine. This auto-immune response may also reduce levels of the dipeptidyl peptidase (DPP)-IV enzyme, thereby connecting vaccines to the opioid theory of autism.

. . . the opioid excess theory for the causation of autism. In brief, we suspect that peptides with opioid (morphine-like) activity, resulting from the incomplete digestion of certain foods, in particular gluten from wheat and certain other cereals and from casein from milk and dairy produce, find their way into the bloodstream from the lumen of the intestine. Once in the bloodstream a proportion will cross into the brain.

They will either act directly as neuroregulators by mimicking the bodies own natural opioids (such as the enkephalins or endorphins) or act as ligands to the enzymes which would break down these naturally occurring compounds. In either case, the consequence is an increase in opioid activity.

Protein is made of peptides, which are made of amino acids. Basically, his lab and several others have published many articles in the scientific literature on their findings of unusual proteins and peptides in the urine of people with autism.

Those proteins and peptides come from casein (dairy) and gluten (wheat and related grains), and they have an opioid-like effect on the brain, with a potency several times that of morphine.

The peptides enter the blood due to 2 major biological flaws:

1) a failure of the digestive track to fully digest/break-down the casein and gluten molecules into amino acids, and

2) a “leaky gut” which allows the undigested proteins/peptides to pass into the blood stream. The failure of the gut to properly digest the proteins is apparently due to a lack of peptidases (digestive enzymes). These opioid peptides can have many behavioral and physical effects, and could cause many of the symptoms of autism.

Our immunologist (DAN doc) had my son's peptides tested at the age of three:

Casomorphin (milk)
My son's level: 53.5
Normal range: <2.5 ng/ml

Gliadorphin (wheat)
My son's level: 23.6
Normal range: <20 ng/ml

Many of you have probably heard of the GF/CF diet, which is part of DAN protocol. Within days of going on the diet (along with supplementation), my son began talking and socializing. My son was literally addicted to dairy - we always wondered why his pupils were always dialated and his eyes constantly glassy. The red cheeks, the persistent ear infections, the constipation, the vomitting, the constant runny nose. He was physically ill - not mentally ill. His vitamins/minerals were also a mess. He had the high copper/low zinc ratios, which is also a common denominator of autistic children.

It was a very very long road, but today he no longer fits the criteria for autism.
#7 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 03:39 AM

Now go back, Long Island and look at what you have put there and consider it in the context of my questions.

Relate those questions to you, and to your son. I don't know the history of your son, so I don't know which part of the whole puzzle he fits into.

I would think other minerals would have been a mess, and suspect he would have some major amino acid problems too. And gut flora issues... to mention a few.

I don't consider him physically ill. He is biochemically and immunologically dysfunctional.

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#8 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 03:41 AM

See the opiad theory has a major flaw. It isn't the chicken. It's the egg which is why autism was so rare in the past. The chicken to lay the egg was pretty rare. The theory talks about this as a cause. It's not, its the consequence.

I relate this in another way. The vaccine, for your son was a bullet loaded into a gun. But there had to be a gun first.

While I'd like to see no bullets ever, what I'd really like to see is people get rid of the gun, or at least, understand what the gun is, and what pulls the trigger. And how it is that modern day life is what has built that gun piece by piece, to lay the foundation for not just MMR, but ALL vaccines to cause autism.

Many of the cases I've done, Long Island, never got as far as the MMR...

#9 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara
I don't consider him physically ill. He is biochemically and immunologically dysfunctional.
Yes!!! His immune system was completely messed up . . . . . . which made him physically ill.

I don't believe autism is a mental disorder. I believe it's an immune system disorder as do most parents who believe in the vaccine/autism theory.
#10 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
See the opiad theory has a flaw. It isn't the chicken. It's the egg.
That's exactly what I was thinking, too.
Being epileptic, I know quite a bit about opioid peptides. They are what shut down ugly neurological events.
#11 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 03:49 AM

Long Island, can we use you as a guinea pig?

Would you feel secure enough to put up all his test results, and lets see what the breaches and triggers were?

#12 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 03:51 AM

Mamakay, any pathways you know of, because epileptics can be hugely helped using biochemical pathways with certain vitamins/minerals as well. Naturally its an area I have NO EXPERIENCE in, having only watched from afar as an acquaintance turned her life around, but not really concentrating at the time.

#13 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Long Island, can we use you as a guinea pig?

Would you feel secure enough to put up all his test results, and lets see what the breaches and triggers were?
Ya know, are you a friggin mind reader lady? I was searching as you wrote your reply!

I have the peptide results in my vaccine injury folder, but not the other results. The peptides were sent out of state, so they're not on the same page as the other results.

It's almost 2:00 a.m. and the screen is getting blurry, so I'm going to hit the hay - but I will continue to search tomorrow.

From what I can recall, they also tested ammonia, which was elevated. Copper was elevated. Zinc was deficient - maybe Vit. A too. Not sure.
#14 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Yes!!! His immune system was completely messed up . . . . . . which made him physically ill.
I still disagree with the wording.

He is no more physically ill than a car with petrol with sugar in it.

When the fuel balance is right, and the engine tuned, it will work properly. Same with children like yours. He isn't "ill". The symptoms he exhibits aren't "illness", they are pathway dysfunction. I don't find this "illness" train helpful to parents. If parents dissassociate the autism spectrums from illness into dysfunction, I find they are able to analyse more acutely, and also see it as more separate from their child.

If that makes sense.

#15 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 04:00 AM

Quote:
I still disagree with the wording.

He is no more physically ill than a car with petrol with sugar in it.

When the fuel balance is right, and the engine tuned, it will work properly. Same with children like yours. He isn't "ill". The symptoms he exhibits aren't "illness", they are pathway dysfunction. I don't find this "illness" train helpful to parents. If parents dissassociate the autism spectrums from illness into dysfunction, I find they are able to analyse more acutely, and also see it as more separate from their child.

If that makes sense.
Yes, of course you make sense! When I talk to others parents who have absolutely no idea about the immune system (I'm not referring to the majority here though ), I use the term "physically ill" because most everyone I encounter believes autism is a mental disorder which is typically treated with psychotropic medication. It's an easier comparison for most people.

Now when I say "ill" I am referring to vomitting, constipation, ear infections, persistent runny nose, etc.

I am not referring to lack of speech, poor eye contact, stimming, head banging, spinning objects, etc. Most people believe the autistic characteristics I just mentioned are symptoms of a mental disorder instead of an immune system disfunction.
#16 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 04:07 AM

But I would also like to see magnesium, chromium, selenium, .... aluminium... all the minerals, not just those....

there other helpful bits would be his immunological parameters including all the five Ig's and subclasses, antimyelins, myeloperoxidas stain, amino acids, cytogenetics, toxicology, chemistry and full differentials.

And if they did them, t4/t8 ratios, /cd8's, maybe CD2/CD3 ratio... Cd4s.... CD8/CD28 ratios... CD2/CD19 ratios and any specific T-cell studies they did.

ON TOP OF THAT..... the food allergy testing other then milk and wheat if there were any and the digestive stool analysis with digestion, absorption, metabolic markers, and the dysbiosis analysis. Oh and the fecal lactoferrin...

Ummmm and food antibody assessment IgG..

Did they do the lymphocyte marker test to see if the measles titres were too high? Was his serium IgM and G elevated?

What were his IgA levels like?

Not asking much eh?

#17 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 04:08 AM - Thread Starter

See, I still think the opioids are the end result of something else going wrong in the brain.
Maybe autism is different, but in every other neurological situation, something happens, and then opioids "come to the rescue" ,effectively halting whatever is going on that might be causing neurological trauma.
#18 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 04:14 AM

Okay, we're talking same language. Because when you re-function the dysfunction, the brain snaps into line.

the only problem is there will still be behavioural issues because of the effects on the child of being "locked in" mentally, which triggered the emotional explosions because the mental links are misfiring...

when one child I was dealing with suddenly snapped out (after nearly five years locked in), he immediately attacked him mother physically and in perfectly constructed sentences barrelled her for a whole lot of stuff she had done unknowingly which hurt him emotionally. So we spent a few months talking and working through stuff and rejigging minerals in him, becuase their coming out of it, puts huge other stresses so its a guessing and balancing game, and takes a while.

It's taken six years to get this child to the point where there is stability and predictability. But we know IF he gets a viral illness or the kiwifruit orchard sprays, he will immediately regress fully, and must immediately go on huge doses of vitamin C, zinc and pycnogenol. Within an hour he's back again, but has to be really minerally and nutritionally looked after until the infection subsides.

#19 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 04:14 AM

Sure, keep me up so I'm really a zombie when I wake up!

This is the list of tests this DAN doc performs. This list he gave me was from five years ago - I wonder if more extensive testing is conducted now.

*Complete blood count w/ differential and platelet count
*Serum metabolic assay (complete)
*Thyroid profile (T3, T4 and TSH)
*Amino acid profile (plasma)
*Organic acid profile (urine)
*Ammonia level
*Lactic acid level
*Pyruvic acid level (pyruvate)
*Heavy metal profile (lead, mercury, arsenic and cadmium), blood
*Vitamin A level
*Zinc and copper (serum)
*Measles, mumps and rubella antibody IGG titers
*Fragile X
*IgG, A, M, E
*IGG subclasses
*T cell function tests
*Myelin basic protein and neural axon filament antibodies
#20 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 04:17 AM

Quote:
See, I still think the opioids are the end result of something else going wrong in the brain.
Maybe autism is different, but in every other neurological situation, something happens, and then opioids "come to the rescue" ,effectively halting whatever is going on that might be causing neurological trauma.
In autism, I feel there is nothing wrong in the brain itself. The blood brain barrier though is a different matter, and in autistics it seems to be fragile. Therefore the brain dysfunction is the end point of a whole lot of dysbiosis, and chemical imbalance, and when the "disarray" goes through the blood brain barrier, then the "autism" clicks in.

However, for Long Island, if she wants more children, she will have to look to her nutrition and the best way to "construct" a child in utero to try to eliminate sections of the "gun" from developing in the child while she is pregnant.

#21 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Sure, keep me up so I'm really a zombie when I wake up!

This is the list of tests this DAN doc performs:

*Complete blood count w/ differential and platelet count
*Serum metabolic assay (complete)
*Thyroid profile (T3, T4 and TSH)
*Amino acid profile (plasma)
*Organic acid profile (urine)
*Ammonia level
*Lactic acid level
*Pyruvic acid level (pyruvate)
*Heavy metal profile (lead, mercury, arsenic and cadmium), blood
*Vitamin A level
*Zinc and copper (serum)
*Measles, mumps and rubella antibody IGG titers
*Fragile X
*IgG, A, M, E
*IGG subclasses
*T cell function tests
*Myelin basic protein and neural axon filament antibodies

Okay, if you want to, stick them up.

I'm disappointed they don't do dysbiosis and the other though. And WHY do they not do the other minerals????

Where are the liver function tests?They are often abnormal if there is a vitamin A issue...

#22 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

So where, if anywhere, do you all think the demyelination issues come into play?
#23 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I'm disappointed they don't do dysbiosis and the other though. And WHY do they not do the other minerals????

Where are the liver function tests?They are often abnormal if there is a vitamin A issue...
This testing was conducted when my son was three and I am sure the doc has to be testing more extensively now. Between then and now, this immunologist had begun to test his patients for a genetic variant in an enzyme - methylenetetrahyrofolate reductase (MTHFR). Now, with recent research conducted, I'm sure he also tests for glutathione, among other variables. A lot has happened in five years in terms of his research and I'm sure the current DAN protocol reflects this - at least I hope it does.

In any case, I can't find the results! I've looked everywhere - I hope they weren't misplaced/inadvertently thrown out when we moved three years ago or they could just merely be misfiled. I'm going to have to call the office and get copies sent. I'm glad this thread came up b/c I never would have realized they weren't in my health files!
#24 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 01:30 PM

Here is my belief.
We do not know for sure what causes Autism.
I believe the MMR can be a factor in cause in some individuals.
From my own experience I know 2 people with Autistic children and 1 with a child on the spectrum. The first 2 (one with twin boys who are both autistic) will tell you their children were like that from birth. The differences between their autistic children and their others is that noticeable to them. They both vaccinated. The 3rd person I know whose child is on the Autistic Spectrum has never been vaccinated.

Kathy-Mom to Blake & Mikaela
#25 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 01:34 PM

I wanted to go into more detail regarding the elevated copper/deficient zinc denominator in autistic individuals as well. My son's copper/zinc ratios were significantly out of whack, so to speak. Of every mother I've spoken to (IRL and on message boards) who has had their child's levels tested - same thing.

METALLOTHIONINE PROTEIN DYSFUNCTION
Diseases that occur because of MT protein dysfunction include:
· Psoriasis and eczema
· ADD and ADHD
· Autism
· Schizophrenia and Obsessive Compulsive disorder
· Anorexia
· Alcoholism
· Chronic fatigue syndrome
· Alzheimer's

Metallothionein protein disorder, or MT is thought to have it’s root cause in an underlying genetic defect involving more than one gene. The genes have not been located in humans as of this publication. This disorder results in a decreased ability of the MT protein to function normally.

Metallothionein protein plays an important role in regulation of zinc and copper levels in the blood. They also act in the body to clathirate heavy metals as they enter the body, they help development and continued functioning of the immune system, development and pruning of brain cells, (neurons), prevention of yeast overgrowth in the intestines, production of enzymes that break down casein and gluten, production of hydrochloric acid by stomach cells, taste and texture discrimination by the tongue, behavior control and development of memory and social skills.

In February of 2000, William Walsh, Ph.D. of the Pfeiffer Treatment Center, discovered that most autistic clients exhibit MT dysfunction and that the classic signs of autism can be explained by a MT dysfunction. There are four primary types of MT proteins, each with an important role in the body.

MT-I and II are present in all cells throughout the body. They regulate copper and zinc, are involved in cell transcription, detoxify heavy metals, play a role in the immune function, and are involved in a variety of G.I. tract functions

MT-III is found primarily in the brain and functions as a gross inhibitory factor in the brain. MT-III is located primarily in the central nervous system with small amounts present in the pancreas and intestines. It plays a major role in the development, organization and programmed death of brain cells.

MT-IV is found in the skin and upper G.I. tract. They help regulate stomach acid pH, taste and texture discrimination of the tongue and help protect against sunburn and other skin traumas.

MT protein dysfunction has far-reaching implications for many diseases including Alzheimer's, eating disorders encountered in premature infants and a host of psychiatric disorders.
#26 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewb
Here is my belief.
We do not know for sure what causes Autism.
I believe the MMR can be a factor in cause in some individuals.
From my own experience I know 2 people with Autistic children and 1 with a child on the spectrum. The first 2 (one with twin boys who are both autistic) will tell you their children were like that from birth. The differences between their autistic children and their others is that noticeable to them. They both vaccinated. The 3rd person I know whose child is on the Autistic Spectrum has never been vaccinated.
I think there is at least one "type" of autism that is probably genetic...and not just a genetic disorder, but more like a syndrome.
I think it's a totally different thing from "triggered" or "regressive" autism.
#27 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 02:43 PM

Quote:
So where, if anywhere, do you all think the demyelination issues come into play?
Here's some information which may interest you (link below):

2. Recent Theories for the Pathophysiology of Autism:
Brain autoimmunity
Deficits in sulfur metobolism
Abnormal liver detoxification
Gastrointestinal abnormalities

a) Neuro-Immunopathogenesis in Autism

i. In Dr Singh’s theory, environmental factors including viruses, toxins and heavy metals may initiate immune dysfunction among genetically vulnerable individuals.

ii. Resultant changes in immune function lead to production of brain antibodies (i.e., the brain develops a pathological autoimmune response to its own brain tissue).

iii. The pathological autoimmune response to brain tissue leads to a spectrum of neuro-immune development disorders.

iv.This theory is supported by Singh’s research that found antibodies to myelin basic protein (MBP) in autistic children but not in non-autistic children including children with other disorders (such as Down's). Almost all autistic children with such MBP antibodies also had positive measles antibodies.

v. Myelination is primarily a postnatal event in the developing brain. As autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder, autoimmunity to myelin may be casually related to autism

vi. In autism, atypical measles infection, in the absence of a rash, but with neurologcal symptoms, may be causally linked to brain autoimmunity.

Singh, VJ. New Foundation of Biology, p 447-458. Berczi I and RM Gorczynski, eds. Elsevier Science, 2001). University of Utah.

This is an excellent summary (which includes more opiad information in relation to the gluten free/casien free diet, digestive enzymes, etc.):
http://www.ont-autism.uoguelph.ca/jo...ism-jun02.html
#28 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 04:29 PM

I would agree with most of that LI, which leads back to the questions I asked. If you fling life back to the nineteen thirties, and occasionally in the 1800's you would have found the occasional person on an autism spectrum disorder.

To me, autism is a very broad issue, but the foundations for potential for it have always been there. We like to think that the world is a "better" place these days, but if you read "Our Stolen Future" and other books of this kind, its patently obvious that it isn't.

To me, Autism spectrum disorders are the end point of a world in which genetics, nutrition, environemental toxins and the combined impact on the immune system all come to a triangular point of the pyramid, with the crud at the bottom and the child at the top.

In some children they don't need vaccines, because the damage in their parents is such that the child was born at the top of, or near the top of the pyramid to begin with.

Other children are so close to the top that all they need mercury from the mother's amalgams, or diet, a major mineral imbalance, which is always the result of being on the pill prior to pregancy, so that's another issue (which no-one here has talked about ~ the pill is undermining health and broadening the base of the pyramid) and/or an infection either in utero, or in early childhood,~~~ because undermining the mother's hormonal balance, will change her minerals, alter her immune system and her gut, and start to tear rents in the developing baby's whole biochemistry.

Some children only need a DPT to tip over. And one "perfect" little girl that I know, who was "perfect" (and fully vaccinated) until the age of five, was fine until she got her first MMR at 5, got mumps encephalopathy from the vaccine, and now everything has disintegrated. So when the experts talk about some "normal" age, I roll my eyes. I know a 12 year old, who was normal until the MMR booster, so there is no acceptable age at which "damage" cannot occur.

The straw that breaks the camel's back in the past have been different things. The reason we are seeing so many after vaccines in my opinion, is that never has there been a time in history when so much pressure has been put on the immune system at such a young age.

In the past, when I was a child, my first vaccine was at the age of three. My husbands first was at the age of 19. In those days, and immune system had a chance to settle itself in, and work out how the rules go. And there was far less chemical crud around, and the minerals and vitamins in food was far better than it is now. Junk food was simply non-existent. Yesterday's paper had an article in it about eating McDonalds regularly, doubles the risk of asthma etc. Well, hello? I could have told them that!

The world is teetering on a nutritional knife edge, an immunological and ecological knife edge, and immunologists and the Offits of this world, walk around with their heads up their arses. As well as being grossly underimmunised themselves.

I would so love to line them all up and update their vaccine charts with all the missing childhood vaccines, and the ones that the soldiers get as well. And since Offit considers that 1,000 vaccines in a day is fine, I'll love to put him at the front of the line.

This quote is relevant:

Quote:
“I would challenge any colleague, clinician or research scientist to claim that we have a basic understanding of the human newborn immune system. It is well established in studies in animal models that the newborn immune system is very distinct from the adolescent or adult. In fact, the immune system of newborns in animal models can easily be perturbed to ensure that it cannot respond properly later in life.”
This testimony was given verbally to the United States Senate on May 12, 1999 by Dr Bonnie Dunbar, Professor of Immunobiology with specialist work in vaccine development and autoimmunity for over 25 years, the past 17 at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. Dr Baylor was asking the Senate for a moratorium on the Hepatitis B vaccine, which she maintains is extremely dangerous, and which carries serious debilitating side effects denied by the establishment.

But the crux of her message is to me, the key. The children who go into immediate regressive autism after vaccines are the ones who, if they had had time to mature that immature immune system may have been able to cope.

The others were just too close to the top of the pyramid either at birth, or even before.

But in a sense, "autism" is in the hands of parents.

No, we can't literally turn the clock back. But if we study hard enough, and understand the impact that food, the environment and vaccines have on the immune system, and try to avoid the known traps that may await future children, then we may be able to do something about it.

However, I believe there will still be a large subsection of Autistic children whose regression is triggered by mercury of any kind, be it from mother's amalgam, diet, or vaccines. APO-E3 appears to be the gene to look for, in that regard, because the people who get sick from amalgam in their OWN mouths are most likely to have this weakness. Not APO-E4, as Dan Olmsted mentioned. I don't know where APO-E4 fits in, as I've not researched it, because I didn't know it was relevant.

As for the rest, if parents continue to insist that their babies are pincushions from the first day out of utero, I believe we will see a huge increase, not just in autism but in other immunological based disturbances, because you can't go on sticking things into babies and assuming that nothing else will give.

#29 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 04:35 PM

What a HUGE question!

I think I'll just : on this one and learn from others.

Edited to add: Great discussion. There's so much "detective" work and details to piece together to understand the big picture. Kudos to MT, LI and mamakay for having the patience to do a lot of the legwork.
#30 of 306 Old 11-08-2005, 04:52 PM

this is very interesting. My ds has gut problems [ bleeding in the gut from 3 months old, now finally under control] and we were advised by a specialist to keep his diet free from gluten and dairy until he is at least two to avoid development issues. he is, THANK GOD, doing fine, i think. He is unvaxed. But i had my breast milk tested for toxins when his gut started bleeding, i couldn't understand, they said it was a food allergy, and he was solely breastfed, they said it must be food proteins in my milk so i tried lots of eliminations. I found my breast milk had an higher than average quantity of lindane, a particularly nasty pesticide, which was really alarming. I have had it tested again recently, and the levels have dropped to below average. apparently lindane levels do decline in breast milk. I would like to know, how do i get rid of these chemicals in my body? I eat organic, maybe on ly for the last three years, and i stay away from all chemicals and pesticides. I don't want another baby of mine to go thru this, if we have one. Any advice?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page