Any bloggspot/blogger mamas who can spare a minute? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-12-2009, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need to set up a private blog to document what goes on day-to-day with my children. This is for court. Basically, to blow my ex's psycho allegations away and prove that my LO has a very active lifestyle, eats well, and is entertained in creative and educational ways. I need a place where I can post pictures with blurbs with verified dates, as well as gather my thoughts and make dated notes about things that he throws at me.

Obviously this will all need to be private. Can I have a private blog? If so, how do I set it up? Thank you so much. Any random suggestions you have that might be helpful would RAWK.
#2 of 4 Old 03-12-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because why not? View Post
I need to set up a private blog to document what goes on day-to-day with my children. This is for court. Basically, to blow my ex's psycho allegations away and prove that my LO has a very active lifestyle, eats well, and is entertained in creative and educational ways. I need a place where I can post pictures with blurbs with verified dates, as well as gather my thoughts and make dated notes about things that he throws at me.

Obviously this will all need to be private. Can I have a private blog? If so, how do I set it up? Thank you so much. Any random suggestions you have that might be helpful would RAWK.
Yes, absolutely! Get your blogger account set up and then go to settings, then to permissions- once there you will be given a few options as to who can see your blog. If you set it to "authors" only you can. If you set it to "invite" then you can invite people by inputing their email addresses. When people go to your blog they will be asked to input their email address and password before they can view it.

HTH!

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#3 of 4 Old 03-12-2009, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much! Now, is there any way I can keep my email address from showing at the top of my blog? If I submit print-outs to the judge on my case I don't want my ex's lawyer to be able to give ex the email. He could search it back to other sites I use, like eBay.

If there's no way around that, I guess I can get a new Google account with a new email addy and start all over, but I'd rather not have to.

Thanks again!!!!!
#4 of 4 Old 03-12-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because why not? View Post
Thank you so much! Now, is there any way I can keep my email address from showing at the top of my blog? If I submit print-outs to the judge on my case I don't want my ex's lawyer to be able to give ex the email. He could search it back to other sites I use, like eBay.

If there's no way around that, I guess I can get a new Google account with a new email addy and start all over, but I'd rather not have to.

Thanks again!!!!!
That's an option or you could create an email and then invite yourself and print it out as a visitor. That way the email address isn't up there. But really i think that might end up being the same process

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page