twilight - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 654 Old 10-18-2009, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, my ranting killed the thread - sorry

Sweet dh bought me the New Moon soundtrack when we were out shopping with the kiddos yesterday. It happened to be sweetest day and our anniversary is this month and he bought me this soundtrack. He doesn't understand my Twilight Fever, but to have him try and sweetly be a part of it thrilled me to my soul. My human is working out quite nicely.
#362 of 654 Old 10-18-2009, 09:57 PM

[QUOTE=KYCat;14541619]Oh, my ranting killed the thread - sorry
QUOTE]

Oh I don't think anyone perceived your last post as a rant!
I also find the different reactions fascinating. One of my best friends totally caught the Twilight fever and hasn’t enjoyed any other books since. (including Sookie Stachhouse books).
My mother on the other hand could not get past the first few chapters of Twilight. And we often like the same books!
#363 of 654 Old 10-18-2009, 11:51 PM

I am sooooo behind on this thread!

Jalilah, De Lint is TERRIFIC! Have you read any of the Newford series, short stories he has written? If not, start with Dreams Underfoot...I think you will like them. The short stories ( and some of the novels) have recurring characters. Jilly Coppercorn is probably my all-time favorite literary character ever...and now Alice Cullen, too.

I got the soundtrack to New Moon today, but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet! I am so excited!

Will finish up Breaking Dawn...then start Twilight again. I got sidetracked for awhile by other books ( gasp!) but am ready to get back to Forks.

I'll catch up on this thread soon I hope!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#364 of 654 Old 10-19-2009, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was at B&N yesterday...
Some enterprising publisher put new covers on Romeo & Juliet, Pride & Prejudice, and Wuthering Heights that kind of look like the non-movie Twilight covers. And they have tag lines like "the first forbidden love" and such. I didn't flip through them, so I am not sure if they are some "new" version or not...

I guess if it gets teenage girls, and even mamas, to read the classics...

http://www.harpercollinscatalogs.com...57_0_Cover.jpg
http://www.harpercollinscatalogs.com...67_0_Cover.jpg
http://www.harpercollinscatalogs.com...94_0_Cover.jpg

Proud Catholic (30) and mama to V (10)
#365 of 654 Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=PatienceAndLove;14545201]I was at B&N yesterday...
Some enterprising publisher put new covers on Romeo & Juliet, Pride & Prejudice, and Wuthering Heights QUOTE]

I read in an interview with Stephanie Meyer that Pride & Prejudice was the inspiration for Twilight,Romeo & Juliet for New Moon and Wuthering Heights the inspiration for Eclipse. I believe 2 novels inspired Breaking Dawn but I don't remember which ones but iti s on her site.
#366 of 654 Old 10-19-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybutterfly View Post
I am sooooo behind on this thread!
Jalilah, De Lint is TERRIFIC! Have you read any of the Newford series, short stories he has written? If not, start with Dreams Underfoot...I think you will like them. The short stories ( and some of the novels) have recurring characters. Jilly Coppercorn is probably my all-time favorite literary character ever...and now Alice Cullen, too.
Good to meet another De Lint fan! I just recently discovered him.
I read the 2 novels in Jack of Kinrowan and Moonheart but want to check out the Newford series.
There is a book in that series called Widdershins and according to the Fantasticfiction. site, readers who liked New Moon and Eclipse are supposed to like it. http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/d/...iddershins.htm

The only thing is, I’ve checked it out and I definitely get the feeling I am missing information on the characters, so I plan to start with Dreams Underfoot and read the series in order.
#367 of 654 Old 10-19-2009, 01:45 PM

KYCat, you didn't kill the thread! I could talk about Twilight all day, I just didn't know if anyone else wanted to. I totally agree with you about the Type A's and not liking Twilight!

I re-read New Moon a few days ago and am re-reading Eclipse for the 3rd time right now. Almost done. I think Eclipse is my favorite. There's just so much dialogue. I love it!!! I bought the first of the Sookie Stackhouse books but just can't seem to start it yet. I want to stay in Forks.

I had a dream about Edward last night. It was the only one I could actually tell my DW about. Dream: I was going camping with some friends and we were going to have to hike all of our gear up a mountain. I texted Edward and asked him if he would run it all up for us. It would take him, like, 2 minutes. He jokingly accused me of just using him for his speed and strength. He sweetly took all of our gear and even backpacks. Then when we got to the campsite, he had set up all of our tents and everything was perfectly in place for an awesome camping trip. I was so excited and my friends were all jealous of my wonderful boyfriend.

I listened to the entire New Moon soundtrack online and I wasn't really thrilled with it. It was a little too much rock for me. I'm not really into rock. I LOVE the Twilight soundtrack. The Muse song is good and "Meet Me on the Equinox". But I just wish they had used some Paramour. They just seem to be "Twilight" for me. I'm not sure if I'll buy the cd. Maybe after I see the movie, if the songs really seem to fit.

We bought our tickets to the midnight showing of New Moon on Nov. 19th! So excited!!!!! Right now 57% of all Fandango sales are going to New Moon and it's not even out for 30 more days! I think it's going to be a HUGE opening weekend, probably on par with the Harry Potter releases!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#368 of 654 Old 10-19-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalilah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceAndLove View Post
I was at B&N yesterday...
Some enterprising publisher put new covers on Romeo & Juliet, Pride & Prejudice, and Wuthering Heights
I read in an interview with Stephanie Meyer that Pride & Prejudice was the inspiration for Twilight,Romeo & Juliet for New Moon and Wuthering Heights the inspiration for Eclipse. I believe 2 novels inspired Breaking Dawn but I don't remember which ones but iti s on her site.
I read that somewhere, as well... I think Orson Scott Card factored in as well...

#369 of 654 Old 10-19-2009, 05:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8r-xcnlSOA

A mash up of all the trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK0uCfHZZH4

Death Cab for Cutie, Meet Me on the Equinox official video

Jalilah, yes Widdershins is the culmination of a storyline involving two of the characters. You would be missing so much backstory if you started there. Also, don't read Onion Girl out of order. Enjoy! De Lint is wonderful.

#370 of 654 Old 10-19-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybutterfly View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8r-xcnlSOA

A mash up of all the trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK0uCfHZZH4

Death Cab for Cutie, Meet Me on the Equinox official video

Jalilah, yes Widdershins is the culmination of a storyline involving two of the characters. You would be missing so much backstory if you started there. Also, don't read Onion Girl out of order. Enjoy! De Lint is wonderful.
neat-o!

#371 of 654 Old 10-19-2009, 06:05 PM

Monarchgrrl, I just listened to the soundtrack today ( um, like 4 times already) and really, really like it! BUT...different strokes for different folks.

I'll go to the movie the first time by myself in the afternoon...I am so afraid I will just cry through a lot of it! I'll sit way in the back.

#372 of 654 Old 10-19-2009, 09:54 PM

Monarchgrrl - I agree that the Twilight soundtrack is amazing. I do really like the New Moon soundtrack after a few listens, the songs become hypnotic, like the Twilight songs. I do want to say however that I can't judge it until the movie is out. If the songs don't work for the movie it sucks and if they do then it's magic. I'm not sure that I would have bought it yet, but dh was trying so I had to listen to appreciate the attempt! Oh and I also really miss Paramour but they said they weren't interested in the soundtrack because they were afraid of becoming the vampire house band. (I only know this because I know way tooooo much about New Moon.)

tinybutterfly -- I understand wanting to see the movie by yourself. Midnight is actually the easiest time for me to sneak away without the kids!! I also missed out on all of the Twilight excitement the first time since I didn't stumble upon Twilight until February 2009, so I'm excited about being there for the opening night excitement this time.

1 month from today I will be VERY giddy about this time!!! Probably watching Twilight again!!!
#373 of 654 Old 10-20-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYCat View Post
Monarchgrrl - I agree that the Twilight soundtrack is amazing. I do really like the New Moon soundtrack after a few listens, the songs become hypnotic, like the Twilight songs. I do want to say however that I can't judge it until the movie is out. If the songs don't work for the movie it sucks and if they do then it's magic. I'm not sure that I would have bought it yet, but dh was trying so I had to listen to appreciate the attempt! Oh and I also really miss Paramour but they said they weren't interested in the soundtrack because they were afraid of becoming the vampire house band. (I only know this because I know way tooooo much about New Moon.)

tinybutterfly -- I understand wanting to see the movie by yourself. Midnight is actually the easiest time for me to sneak away without the kids!! I also missed out on all of the Twilight excitement the first time since I didn't stumble upon Twilight until February 2009, so I'm excited about being there for the opening night excitement this time.

1 month from today I will be VERY giddy about this time!!! Probably watching Twilight again!!!
Yeah, I think I just need to listen to it again. I only listened that one time, and I was at work, so it's totally not the same. I probably didn't give it a fair shot. In general, I just like more ethereal sound than rock. BUT since a lot of the movie is action, motorcycles, depression, running, Volturi fights, etc. I'm guessing the soundtrack will really go with the movie. So, that's good! Like you said, if it goes well with the movie, then I'm sure I'll end up loving it.

Last night I watched another never-before-seen trailer on Entertainment Tonight and rewound it a bunch of times. DW was rolling her eyes at me and just watching my reaction to it. I was probably a wee little more excited about it than she hoped. It has me a little worried about seeing the movie with her. I know I'm going to be beyond excited and she won't really be. So, that might suck a little. I don't really care though. As long as I can ignore her.

I had another Edward dream last night. But I can't tell DW about it or share it here. Dang it!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#374 of 654 Old 10-22-2009, 01:15 PM

I love the new moon soundtrack.. I think the artists they picked were really able to create sond that go with scenes from the book. http://blogs.msg.com/themonitor/2009...photo-gallery/ I cant wait for the movie to come out
#375 of 654 Old 10-22-2009, 04:40 PM

So, I gave the soundtrack another try today. I'm liking it more and more. There are 4 rock songs that aren't my favorite, but the other songs I do like make up for it! I'll still definitely be buying it. I'm looking forward to buying the score even more, I think, though.

But I gotta say...what's with that Editors song, "No Sound But the Wind"?? I've never heard of the Editors but I do NOT like his voice! The song sounds like a mediocre church choir song. Yuck! That's really the only song I hate. Maybe it'll fit it well with the movie, or maybe they'll only be using a lyric or two as background music, but I can't imagine it.

Has anyone bought the New Moon Movie Companion? I'm going to receive it for my bday on the 20th and read it that day. The one for the Twilight movie was so good. I can't wait to read the New Moon one, written by the same guy. The Twilight one was really comprehensive about how and why they made the movie a certain way. Can't wait!!!! Less than a month now!

#376 of 654 Old 10-23-2009, 03:38 PM

Watching Twilight today...and realized that everytime I see the restaurant scene I want mushroom ravioli...and I don't even LIKE mushrooms!

I keep getting stuck on the first three songs of the soundtrack and playing them over and over...I need to just play it all the way through more often. I'll have to listen to the Editors song. I have no idea which one that is. I really like #2..., Friends, by Band of Skulls.

I feel myself getting sucked back into Forks, which is a good place to go, but so hard then later to get out of, ya know? It's like going to Middle Earth for me.

Anyway, I found a t-shirt I really like that I will probably get for a sleep shirt. It's black and has the wolf pack tattoo design on it...nice!

#377 of 654 Old 10-23-2009, 03:52 PM

Anybody seen all the new New Moon clips out the last few days?

I can't wait for this movie, it looks like it's going to be so much better than Twilight was!
#378 of 654 Old 10-23-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyantavid View Post
I can't wait for this movie, it looks like it's going to be so much better than Twilight was!
Well, it certainly can't get worse!

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#379 of 654 Old 10-23-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanelleB View Post
Well, it certainly can't get worse!
Very true!
#380 of 654 Old 10-23-2009, 11:10 PM

hello fellow Twilighters! My daughter (16) and I are starting to get incredibly excited for opening night! We have reserved seats at a theater downtown..we're making a big night of it..dressing up as Alice and Bella, going to dinner beforehand. We won't go see it with anyone else in our party the first night..we don't like any confusion or unnecessary conversation-we don't even buy snacks (too distracting). Seeing the Twilight movies for the first time is like a spiritual experience for us. I am so grateful to be able to have this kind of fun with my daughter

I have to say-I like the New Moon soundtrack, but I LOVE the Twilight soundtrack. Full Moon has been my fave song for a year now. The New Moon soundtrack is growing on me, though.

it's so good to see other Twilighters talking so freely about it!! I'm happy to be here!
#381 of 654 Old 10-26-2009, 02:47 PM

That night sounds like so much fun for you and your daughter! How awesome!!!!

#382 of 654 Old 10-26-2009, 04:36 PM

A friend,also a Twilight fan, sent me these two links:
This one is Twilight trivia:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/trivia

and this one is a list of goofs that were made:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/goofs

I never noticed any of them. Did any of you?
#383 of 654 Old 10-27-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalilah View Post
A friend,also a Twilight fan, sent me these two links:
This one is Twilight trivia:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/trivia

and this one is a list of goofs that were made:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/goofs

I never noticed any of them. Did any of you?

Those are great! I noticed quite a few of those goofs myself.

Ok, fellow Twilight Fans, help me decide something. Talk me into or out of this, please! Some New Moon cast members (not sure who yet- kinda the exciting part!!! Last year it was RPatz!) are coming to a mall in my city on Nov. 11th. It's Veteran's Day and I have the day off work anyway. In order to meet these stars you have to get a wristband this Saturday. You get a wristband by waiting in line for hours before 8am and go to the specific Hot Topic store (ugh!) and buy a New Moon t-shirt. Or I could wait in line at Nordstroms and buy $75 worth of NM stuff and get a wristband to meet the stars AND get professional photos with them. Sounds kinda tempting, except the $75 thing. They are only giving away 125 wristbands at HT and 75 at Nordstroms. Then there is a public Q&A in the mall. I can't imagine the pandemonium that will ensue that day! I'm already dreading the screaming teen girls and trying to "push" my way through the mall at 8am to buy a t-shirt. BUT...I'd really like to meet some cast members. DW just cringes at the thought of this whole thing, so I'd probably be on my own. A big part of me doesn't want to do it. But what if I don't, and then they announce that one or more of the BIG stars are going to be there. I'll probably be disappointed. So, yay or nay? Help me.

#384 of 654 Old 10-28-2009, 11:27 AM

oh gawd yes GO GO GO Monarch and take pics to share with us!!
take your MP3 player and listen to the Twilight and New Moon soundtracks to drown out the screaming teens OR join the screaming teens (and take your bottle of Advil with you)!
I was so bummed when I saw the cast members are coming nowhere near where I live....otherwise I'd be first in that line.
#385 of 654 Old 10-29-2009, 02:56 PM

[QUOTE=Susana;14590130]oh gawd yes GO GO GO Monarch and take pics to share with us!!
take your MP3 player and listen to the Twilight and New Moon soundtracks to drown out the screaming teens OR join the screaming teens (and take your bottle of Advil with you)!
I was so bummed when I saw the cast members are coming nowhere near where I live....otherwise I'd be first in that line.[/QUOTE]

OOOOMMMMGGGG!! YESSSS!!
GGGGGOOOOOO!!!!!

They're all HWAT! I think it'd be great to meet any of them...grant RPATZ would be like winning the ultimate powerball, but...well...I digress.

Center
#386 of 654 Old 10-29-2009, 04:04 PM

You're cracking me up! Unfortunately, they changed the date so now I don't have the day off for the event. I could still go, though. So I think I'm going to do a bit of compromise with myself. DW said she'd go with me (YAY!) so I'm going to go to the mall this Saturday between 4-5am. If the line is already insanely long with more than 100 people, then there's no point in staying. If the line is short, then we'll stay and get a wristband. I'm not willing to camp out all night. I'll let you know what happens!

ETA: Also Paramore is playing here on Nov. 10th. I'd like to go see that show! DW is officially so OVER this month of Twilight-ness! :Lol

#387 of 654 Old 10-29-2009, 08:57 PM

I would totally go but I think that your going to need to be a bit more proactive in getting that wristband. Seriously, mall become full of thousands when the twilight cast is around so I'm pretty sure that there is going to be people camping out for those tickets. I would be VERY surprised if this isn't the case.

Oh, I didn't read the 4-5am part. I still don't know. I would seriously do a drive by the night before and see if there are fans accumulating.

I am soooooo jealous. I totally fantasize about meeting rp. Is that pathetic given that I'm 32? Oh, well

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#388 of 654 Old 10-30-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodygumdrops View Post
I am soooooo jealous. I totally fantasize about meeting rp. Is that pathetic given that I'm 32? Oh, well
We can be pathetic together!!

I'm ok with pathetic. ::swoon::

If I was sans kiddo I would totally go "psycho NASA lady" and be there!

Center
#389 of 654 Old 10-30-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodygumdrops View Post
I would totally go but I think that your going to need to be a bit more proactive in getting that wristband. Seriously, mall become full of thousands when the twilight cast is around so I'm pretty sure that there is going to be people camping out for those tickets. I would be VERY surprised if this isn't the case.

Oh, I didn't read the 4-5am part. I still don't know. I would seriously do a drive by the night before and see if there are fans accumulating.

Totally unrelated but why does my response have a hyperlink to some website that I've never seen before?

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#390 of 654 Old 10-30-2009, 10:41 AM

goodygumdrops, no, definitely NOT pathetic and I'm *42* and LOVE that you referred to his hawtness as "the Powerball!" LOL.

I'm right there with ya.

and I'd still be doing what it takes to see them....you go 'round once, what the heck, right!??

I'm starting to really feel super-Twilighty with the movie so close at hand. Have you guys seen that sone theaters are resurrecting Twilight to show right before New Moon?? Man, that would be some delicious theaterage..but I don't think they're doing that where we're going...anyway!!...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page