twilight - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 654 Old 11-04-2009, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Loving the links! Thanks for posting them.

FaithOne, welcome to the thread! Enjoy! Will Farrell cracks me up!

KyCat, GET the t-shirt! That is so cute!

I want one I saw on Hot Topic on-line. It's black and has the tattoo design the werewolves have on the front of the shirt. I may just run to the mall and see if they have it there...but I am embarrassed to go in someplace by myself and get it. I wish I had someone's daughter to borrow for cover.

I am getting excited about the movie! It's not far away now!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#422 of 654 Old 11-04-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYCat View Post
Alyantavid - For my New Moon wackiness I go here
http://www.newmoonmovie.org/
Thanks for helping me branch out.
I go there too.
#423 of 654 Old 11-04-2009, 01:45 PM

I bought it and I'm very excited to get it!! My excitement for this movie is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!
tinybutterfly -- Notice that I went with an online purchase. My three young boys are not the proper beard for shopping for Twilight apparel, either!
#424 of 654 Old 11-04-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYCat View Post
Danelle - I think that once you've read them all, Twilight can be difficult to get into, because it seems to take soo long to get to Port Angeles and the meadow. It helps me to go back and read Midnight Sun first.
I've read the series 3 times now and hadn't had that problem until this time. I'm pretty sure it was because I was in the middle of another series and was waiting for the last book to come. I probably would have had a hard time getting into any book just then.

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#425 of 654 Old 11-04-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybutterfly View Post
Loving the links! Thanks for posting them.

FaithOne, welcome to the thread! Enjoy! Will Farrell cracks me up!

KyCat, GET the t-shirt! That is so cute!

I want one I saw on Hot Topic on-line. It's black and has the tattoo design the werewolves have on the front of the shirt. I may just run to the mall and see if they have it there...but I am embarrassed to go in someplace by myself and get it. I wish I had someone's daughter to borrow for cover.

I am getting excited about the movie! It's not far away now!
I ALWAYS want to go in Hot Topic when I walk past it. I'm just too old to feel comfortable in there (I'm 26). But I do have a 14 year old sister who is perfect cover.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#426 of 654 Old 11-04-2009, 07:42 PM

My oldest is *only* 10 so I can't really use her as an excuse to go into Hot Topic. I do hope to finish the Twilight sling & bag I've started in time to use for the movie.

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#427 of 654 Old 11-04-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal_chick View Post
I ALWAYS want to go in Hot Topic when I walk past it. I'm just too old to feel comfortable in there (I'm 26). But I do have a 14 year old sister who is perfect cover.
Don't feel too old! I'm almost 32 and I still walk in proudly They may make fun of me after I leave, but I can't hear 'em!

, , , and
#428 of 654 Old 11-04-2009, 10:38 PM

Walk proud Sisters! *highfive*
I'm approaching my 30th and can't believe how much thismakes me feel like a giddy teenager again

wife & mum to 9yo dd, 7yo ds1 & 5yo ds2 and our rescue dog Roger!
#429 of 654 Old 11-05-2009, 12:32 AM

Ladies this is what gift receipts are for, you buy what you want and then ask for a gift receipt and a box to wrap it, so they think it is a gift. They probably don't believe it for a second, but like a pp said, I don't know that they are laughing at me when I leave the store.
#430 of 654 Old 11-05-2009, 09:48 PM

I think I'm going to try to get to HT this week-end...I don't know those kids that work there...and I will never see them again...I WANT MY T-SHIRT!

This is so much fun!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#431 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 10:52 AM

42 here. and shop Hot Topic every time I am in the mall. Just do it. If they have something you want, go get it!

when the Twilight dvd was released at midnight last March, my BFF (she's 42 as well) and I *totally* went...wearing our matching "I Heart Boys Who Sparkle" t-shirts. We hit a bar for margaritas first, then shopped til we dropped at HT, and then waited in line for the release. What a freaking blast. Life is too short to worry about what others are thinking of you!!

shop shop shop ladies!! I totally want the Bella party dress, but refuse to pay $98.00. sheesh!

Happilyeverafter, glad you liked the RPattz pics

Totally stoked here....13 days and counting!...
#432 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebarnes View Post
Don't feel too old! I'm almost 32 and I still walk in proudly They may make fun of me after I leave, but I can't hear 'em!
I'm sure they make fun of me too. My son (5) gets excited and almost yells, "Momma, there's Edward! He's your faaaaaaavorite."
Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susana View Post
42 here. and shop Hot Topic every time I am in the mall. Just do it. If they have something you want, go get it!

when the Twilight dvd was released at midnight last March, my BFF (she's 42 as well) and I *totally* went...wearing our matching "I Heart Boys Who Sparkle" t-shirts. We hit a bar for margaritas first, then shopped til we dropped at HT, and then waited in line for the release. What a freaking blast. Life is too short to worry about what others are thinking of you!!

shop shop shop ladies!! I totally want the Bella party dress, but refuse to pay $98.00. sheesh!

Happilyeverafter, glad you liked the RPattz pics

Totally stoked here....13 days and counting!...
I love that "I <3 boys who sparkle" shirt. ..and I want the Bella dress too.
Like the baseball jersey motorcycle shirt as well....subtle. Only those "in the know" would appreciate!

I bought my tickets to New Moon a coupe of days ago.
It's not for opening night cause I want to really enjoy and not be tired.

Anyone else already have tickets?!?!?!

Center
#433 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 11:18 AM

I got my sister midnight showing tickets for her birthday (she just turned 18). It is for the ritzy theater, with recliners and full food service in your seat. So luxurious. I also got myself a shirt of zazzle that says "I love a cullen. I'm married. He's fictional. This could possibly backfire".

W (26) and C (27) parenting G (11/06 ) and D (2/09 ) plus a new one (3/11)
Sometimes the greener grass is actually AstroTurf, a false promise and nothing more.
#434 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 11:37 AM

13 days is tooooooo looooooooong
I feel like I'm so ahead of myself too, almost wishing I just stopped at reading NM. Moments ago I finished Eclipse and my blood is tingling, I need more...NOW!

Just wanted to throw it out there: I live in a suburb of Vancouver BC and was priveledged enought to livea few blocks from a Starbucks that the cast frequently visited (they were filming bits in a desolate forest area near where my dad lives..!!). I never saw anyone cause by the time my eyewitnesses called me they were gone Mydh also works nextdoor to the optical lady that fit the cast with their contacts! HOOT HOOT

#435 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithfulOne View Post
13 days is tooooooo looooooooong
I feel like I'm so ahead of myself too, almost wishing I just stopped at reading NM. Moments ago I finished Eclipse and my blood is tingling, I need more...NOW!
Have you read Midnight Sun yet?!?!?

Center
#436 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappilyEvrAfter View Post
Breaking Dawn first...

Is she going to finish Midnight Sun? Last i saw only the first chapter was up on her blog

~Kris mama to Alexis (15), Elizabeth (10), Andrew (7), and 1 angel
#437 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoslyn78 View Post
Breaking Dawn first...

Is she going to finish Midnight Sun? Last i saw only the first chapter was up on her blog
Oh, yeah, Duh. I was skimming cause I'm at work......and thought she was saying she'd finished them all. Sorry...

...but I think you could read MS at any point.

The version I have has 12 chapters (264 pages).
I think she's still on the fence about finishing it....I HOPE she does!!!

Center
#438 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 12:51 PM

I found a dress for DD that looks alot like Bella's party dress. I just have to find it in the store for her since it's sold out online.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_077E4841000P

I was looking on cafepress at shirts and there are sooo many cute shirts out there! I want them all! LOL

#439 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 01:25 PM

HappilyEvrAfter -- I am going to the midnight show because I can wait no longer than I absolutely have to! I'm also trying to enjoy the hoopla because I didn't know anything about Twilight when the first movie came out. I am sooo excited but I am also worried that I am going to be an old harpy (knocking on 40 here) telling the young whippersnappers to stop their hooting and let me hear the dialogue!!!! I'm hoping that the somber tone of the movie will keep the enthusiasm bubbling but not so loud that it interrupts the movie. (We'll all just be quietly whimpering ) But I'm also not kidding myself, I'm pretty sure that I'll be seeing this movie more than once at the theatre.
Oh and my 3 year old doesn't know the name Edward, but he does say New Moon, and point excitedly when he sees the book or the website.

MrsBoyko -- That shirt is hilarious!

KJoslyn78 -- The link to the longer Midnight Sun is here

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/mi...ial_draft4.pdf

I certainly hope that she finishes Midnight Sun. I've heard others hope that she writes all of the books from Edward's perspective, but I think that it would be tragic to read New Moon from his perspective. It was so hard to read the sadness in New Moon from Bella's perspective, I don't know that I want to experience Edward's sadness.

Danelle -- what a cute dress! I'd get one if my life required any such attire. A New Moon t-shirt is more the dress code around here.

Thanks everybody! This thread is where I'm channeling my New Moon nervous energy these days and it helps.
#440 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 02:04 PM

I have our tickets for the midnight showing and then just bought my tickets for the evening showing on the 20th also (my bday). We're going to a fancy theater that serves alcohol and gourmet food. They have loveseats with tables and reserved seating. I got the exact seats that I wanted! WOOHOO!!! Can't wait! We're wearing our New Moon shirts on the 19th, but dressing up nice on the 20th. It feels so weird that I'm so much more excited for this birthday than any other!! And I think I'll just pretend that Bella's bday party and cake is really for me (minus that darn papercut). hehe.

What am I going to do these next two weeks???

I'm definitely going to be dvr'ing all the interviews with Kristen, Rob, and Taylor that are airing that week. Today Show, Ellen, Tonight Show etc. Can't wait!!!!!!

Found the listing for the interviews, in case anyone else is interested:

November 16:

Kristen Stewart – “The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien”

Taylor Lautner – “The Jay Leno Show”

Dakota Fanning – “Ellen”

November 18:

Robert Pattinson – “The Late Show with David Letterman”

Kristen Stewart – “The Today Show” and “Live with Regis and Kelly” and
“Late Night with Jimmy Fallon”

November 19:

Robert Pattinson – “The Today Show” and “Live with Regis and Kelly”

Taylor Lautner – “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon”

Dakota Fanning – “The Jay Leno Show”

November 20:

Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner – “Jimmy Kimmel Live”
(pre-taped)

Robert Pattinson – “Ellen” (pre-taped)

Taylor Lautner – “The Today Show” and “Live with Regis and Kelly”

November 23:

Ashley Greene – “The Late Show with David Letterman”

Michael Sheen – “The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson”

November 24:

Ashley Greene – “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon”

November 25:

Peter Facinelli – “Jimmy Kimmel Live”

December 2:

Nikki Reed – “Jimmy Kimmel Live”

December 3:

Ashley Greene – “Jimmy Kimmel Live”

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#441 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappilyEvrAfter View Post
More correctly...*how many* times have I read it so far

I just cannot imagine this series ever ending. I want to know what happens in Edward & Bellas centuries together...that is assuming she conforms to vampirism (haven't read BD yet).

Would it spoil anyting to know if BD had anything about the wedding in it? Can anyone share?...

#442 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:

Would it spoil anyting to know if BD had anything about the wedding in it? Can anyone share?...
Well when are you going to read it? Go get it NOW! What are you waiting for? I'm in the middle of it again, for the...um...5th time. How pathetic is it that I'm simultaneously reading BD and Twilight again? I'm talking, one chapter in BD and then one chapter in Twilight (from Port Angeles on- before that it is too slow for me, and not enough Edward!). What's up with that?

I hate giving anything away about books or movies...but I'll answer your exact question. No it would not spoil much of anything in BD to say if there is something about the wedding in it. hehe. Now, go READ IT!!!!!!!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#443 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 03:19 PM

I have approximately 2 hrs before I can get a car to drive my butt down to my cousins to borrow her copy. I'm darn near tempted to pack up my kids and catch a bus!! d would really be worried about my obsession then!

I kinda spolied something for myself on Stephenie website. I was perusing the bits for the forst 3 novels and stumbled across some pics of the Cullens vehicles. As I scrolled down they showed a red Ferrari for Bella's "after car". Crapola! I was so sure she'd change anyways so its not a total suprise, but stiiiiillll.
I will stay away from her site until I read BD.

#444 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
More correctly...*how many* times have I read it so far

Center
#445 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I kinda spolied something for myself on Stephenie website. I was perusing the bits for the forst 3 novels and stumbled across some pics of the Cullens vehicles. As I scrolled down they showed a red Ferrari for Bella's "after car". Crapola! I was so sure she'd change anyways so its not a total suprise, but stiiiiillll.
I took a quiz about Twilight on Facebook once before I'd read BD and got quite a spoiler myself! I had to stay away from everything Twilight related until I'd read all the books after that.

Anybody else rereading the series before New Moon comes out? I started Twilight again last night and dh started New Moon a few days ago. He'd read Twilight and was never interested in reading the rest, but apparently I'm wearing off on him.
#446 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:

FaithfulOne- I stayed away from her website, fansites, and even from reading any posts in this thread until I was done. I hate spoilers! But just to put your mind at ease...you will read about the "after car" in the very beginning of the first chapter of BD. Doesn't mean she's changed or anything. Edward just likes to prepare way in advance of anything that might or might not happen. He's nothing if not thorough, right? So, don't worry about it. Nothing is spoiled!

#447 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 04:08 PM

You're so right....Edward is...well....EDWARD

I am going to stay away now. From everywhere but here!!

My kiddies start swimming lessons next week so I am hoping I can last that long and still be reading BD. If not, I am searching fervently on craigslist for the entire set

Im so glad I met you Mammas! Its such a release here
Most of my other "Twighlighter" friends are at work and I don't feel my squeels and gasps warrant me bugging them at there

~Kelsey

#448 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyantavid View Post
I took a quiz about Twilight on Facebook once before I'd read BD and got quite a spoiler myself! I had to stay away from everything Twilight related until I'd read all the books after that.

Anybody else rereading the series before New Moon comes out? I started Twilight again last night and dh started New Moon a few days ago. He'd read Twilight and was never interested in reading the rest, but apparently I'm wearing off on him.
I'm rereading the series right now for the 6th or 7th time. Not sure how many! I'm halfway through BD. I CANNOT wait for New Moon in two weeks!! I have my midnight ticket!! Two of my friends backed out on me for the midnight show but I'm still going! I can't wait!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#449 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 07:25 PM

The tickets went on sale here today and apparently there was a huge line. Just to buy tickets. It's crazy. I think we'll wait until the next week sometime. I know I can't handle a theater packed full of screaming girls.
#450 of 654 Old 11-06-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyantavid View Post
I know I can't handle a theater packed full of screaming girls.
Second that! Don't get me wrong, I am SOOOOOO excited, but I can easily wait a couple days and avoid the crowds.

I have my copy of BD and will commence my regime thisevening (I would start now but I guess I should make dinner for my family and settle my kiddies and dh first once I get started the world could crumble around me and yet I read on!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page