twilight - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 654 Old 11-11-2009, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithfulOne View Post
My bday is in January and I'm trying to hint to dh that a roadtrip to Forks would be kinda fun We're only about 2-3hrs away
OH! A road trip for your birthday would be so fun! GO!!! 2 to 3 hours is no big deal!

Here...

http://www.forkswa.com/

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#482 of 654 Old 11-11-2009, 12:57 PM

I stayed in Forks about a year before the series became a big hit. It's a super small town...I think that we mostly saw hunters passing through. The hotel was really dingy, I think it was Forks Hotel. When we got into the room it was FULL of flies, and when we called downstairs about it...they pretty much said there was nothing they could do. I think we paid 100 for a suite so it was cheap. The restaurants were all really dingy too. The one that I really remember was full of animal heads hanging from the walls...and it was like Denny's style restaurant. I don't really remember the people much...we actually stayed in Forks because we wanted to hike in Hoe(sp?) rain forest and it's a little expensive to stay at the lodge there. We did drive down to La Push. Its is beautiful driving through these amazing forests to end up at the Pacific Ocean. The beach is covered in driftwood...giant pieces. You camp on the beach if you want too.

Oh, and it does rain there tons....like more than you can possibly imagine. But for forests are just beyond beautiful so that makes up for it.

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#483 of 654 Old 11-11-2009, 03:20 PM

I think that Forks is perfect for the Cullens, and I'd love to visit, but I'm more like the beginning Bella. I need the sun!
#484 of 654 Old 11-11-2009, 04:18 PM

Thanks Ladies
We weren't planning to stay overnight...and now hearing your experience the odds are even less likely. It sounds like it may be fun to pack a picnic and enjoy it on the beach in La Push!

wife & mum to 9yo dd, 7yo ds1 & 5yo ds2 and our rescue dog Roger!
#485 of 654 Old 11-12-2009, 10:01 AM

I know we'll never move that far away from our hometown, but I'd really love to see the trees and just breathe the air out there. for some reason I am convinced there's something magical about the Pacific Northwest!

oh, and hey...7 days....
#486 of 654 Old 11-12-2009, 11:27 PM

WOOT! I finalyl am no longer going to see New Moon alone! shower:

~Kris mama to Alexis (15), Elizabeth (10), Andrew (7), and 1 angel
#487 of 654 Old 11-13-2009, 03:09 PM

Yay!!! My friend is going with me for my birthday, which was yesterday. I bought our tickets and we're going to sit in the vip section. Seats are huge!

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#488 of 654 Old 11-13-2009, 05:58 PM

See, I want to go alone. Well, at least not with hubby. But he insists it's "weird" to go to a movie by yourself, so he's coming with me. I wish he'd just leave me be and let me go and stare at Jacob Black's abs alone. LOL

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#489 of 654 Old 11-13-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanelleB View Post
See, I want to go alone. Well, at least not with hubby. But he insists it's "weird" to go to a movie by yourself, so he's coming with me. I wish he'd just leave me be and let me go and stare at Jacob Black's abs alone. LOL

Ha, ha! I told dh he couldn't come with me opening night We'll go together to a matinee that Saturday, instead.

, , , and
#490 of 654 Old 11-13-2009, 06:07 PM

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing it the first time alone. As it is now, every time I watch a trailer on TV, DW will just stare at me. Then she kinda laughs at the big smile on my face. It's a bit annoying. I told her she better not be staring at me the whole movie. At least I know she wouldn't dare talk during the movie.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#491 of 654 Old 11-13-2009, 06:12 PM

I just emailed a friend to see if she'd want to go with me. Hopefully that'll get him off my back! LOL

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#492 of 654 Old 11-13-2009, 09:39 PM

Danelle -- I totally understand. I just want to experience it fully. I know that dh isn't that into Twilight, so I'd be constantly worrying about how he felt about everything and not feeling comfortable just watching and enjoying it. If your friend can't go, maybe you could just explain it as a weird Twilight thing? You know like -It's a Jeep thing you wouldn't understand.
It's a Twilight thing you wouldn't understand.
#493 of 654 Old 11-13-2009, 10:06 PM

I am SO renting Twilight this weekend. Enough with the high road..............I want to see what all the buzz is about!
#494 of 654 Old 11-13-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karne View Post
I am SO renting Twilight this weekend. Enough with the high road..............I want to see what all the buzz is about!
Atta girl
#495 of 654 Old 11-13-2009, 10:47 PM

I am so geeked up now. I'm like a kid during the week of Xmas or something!

did you guys see Stephenie Meyer on Oprah today? The whole week is going to be full of Twilighty good stuff on the tube.

DH and I are about to hunker down with a couple of Sam Adams and watch Twilight *again*. why not!?

karne..you will not be sorry!
#496 of 654 Old 11-13-2009, 11:44 PM

Hubby's off hunting, so I just popped Twilight into the DVD player. I'm sure I'll *have* to watch it again with DD tomorrow. I don't know how I'll ever survive. LOL

#497 of 654 Old 11-14-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodygumdrops View Post
Yay!!! My friend is going with me for my birthday, which was yesterday. I bought our tickets and we're going to sit in the vip section. Seats are huge!
Quote:
Happy belated birthday!

Just tell your hubby you ARE weird and you want to go by yourself! I love going to the movies by myself. My brother does it, too. We ARE a bit quirky, though.

I plan to go by myself the first time, then dh wants to go with me sometime. I may go with my brother and mom one time, but she will talk through it all or talk too much afterward...then in an ideal world I'd go again by myself or with someone who will Be.Quiet.

"It's a Twilight thing, you wouldn't understand." That's good! You should put it on a t-shirt, KYCat.

#498 of 654 Old 11-14-2009, 12:41 PM

*sigh*...I just watched Twilight...again!
Aside from the utter excitement of the fast approaching NM release ( )...I am really hoping that they have found a new makeup artist for the movie! I never realized quite how noticeable the white faces were against the seemingly forgotten human fleshy necks of the actors!! Even when Bella first meets the Cullens at their home, Esme's upper forehead was forgotten! I thought it was a missing line of color on my tv, its that obvious.
Sheesh.....it seems silly to think of these things but when you know as much of the story as we do, we tend to notice the things that may be oblivious to others.

#499 of 654 Old 11-14-2009, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
[QUOTE=Susana;14671004]did you guys see Stephenie Meyer on Oprah today? The whole week is going to be full of Twilighty good stuff on the tube.

I did. But did I miss something? Did she talk about a fifth Book?? I know that was in one of the "breaks"
#500 of 654 Old 11-14-2009, 03:09 PM

now that you mention that Nazsmum, I don't think she ever did talk about the 5th book. I recorded the segment and watched it twice and thinking back-no, I am pretty sure they didn't air that info if she did talk about it? hmm.
#501 of 654 Old 11-14-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybutterfly View Post
Just tell your hubby you ARE weird and you want to go by yourself! I love going to the movies by myself. My brother does it, too. We ARE a bit quirky, though.

I plan to go by myself the first time, then dh wants to go with me sometime. I may go with my brother and mom one time, but she will talk through it all or talk too much afterward...then in an ideal world I'd go again by myself or with someone who will Be.Quiet.
That's why I'm going by myself before taking DD--she is the princess of endless chatter. I did tell hubby that I didn't mind going myself (even though technically I won't be by myself since I'm taking a twin) but he's a persistant man. I did remind him that with the big kids at school, one twin with grandma, and the other with me, he'd have the whole house free to himself. That may be enough to sway him.

#502 of 654 Old 11-14-2009, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I was disappointed! I want over my parent's house just to wacth her interview. At least I'm not crazy.
#503 of 654 Old 11-14-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
That's why I'm going by myself before taking DD--she is the princess of endless chatter. I did tell hubby that I didn't mind going myself (even though technically I won't be by myself since I'm taking a twin) but he's a persistant man. I did remind him that with the big kids at school, one twin with grandma, and the other with me, he'd have the whole house free to himself. That may be enough to sway him.

You can hope!

I can't wait!

#504 of 654 Old 11-14-2009, 07:53 PM

P.S. I didn't see the Oprah interview. How was it?

#505 of 654 Old 11-14-2009, 10:59 PM

Thanks for the b-day wishes.

We need to put together a list of pre-twilight interviews. I know we're not supposed to talk celebrity gossip, I just want to know if there are interviews that I'm missing...

Rpattz is going to be on Ellen on Nov 20th.

Anyone else know of interviews this week?

#506 of 654 Old 11-15-2009, 09:57 AM

a line up of cast television appearances

http://www.gossipcop.com/updated-new...-running-list/

and tinybutterfly-Stephenie was good. She mentioned how she was so burned out as a SAHM and needed an outlet and had the meadow dream one night and boom! started writing and came up with Twilight.

I liked watching her..I can see there is a normal woman there who did something extraordinary.
#507 of 654 Old 11-15-2009, 11:25 AM

http://www.newmoonthemovie.com/

Ooooooo.....its almost time ladies

#508 of 654 Old 11-15-2009, 01:20 PM

Stephenie talked about a 5th book and some other stuff in the outtakes. The video is on Oprah's website. I don't know how long or good it is b/c I can't get my computer to load it for some reason.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#509 of 654 Old 11-15-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susana View Post
a line up of cast television appearances

http://www.gossipcop.com/updated-new...-running-list/

and tinybutterfly-Stephenie was good. She mentioned how she was so burned out as a SAHM and needed an outlet and had the meadow dream one night and boom! started writing and came up with Twilight.

I liked watching her..I can see there is a normal woman there who did something extraordinary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal_chick View Post
Stephenie talked about a 5th book and some other stuff in the outtakes. The video is on Oprah's website. I don't know how long or good it is b/c I can't get my computer to load it for some reason.
Thanks!

I'll have to look around Oprah's website. Have never been there...but for this I'll go check it out!

I have my ticket! It's for the 11:00 a.m. showing on Friday!

I found this on the Oprah site. Still looking for video...

http://www.oprah.com/article/seriesa...meyer-twilight

Here's some video, but it's not the interview with Oprah, but there's interesting stuff.

http://www.oprah.com/media/20091113-...tephenie-meyer

And more fun stuff...

http://www.oprah.com/media/20091113-...twilight-video

#510 of 654 Old 11-16-2009, 12:44 AM

I couldn't stand it, I bought my ticket for the premiere yesterday. I originally planned to wait and see it a few days later, but decided to go ahead and see it opening night. It is showing at one of those dinner theaters that are 18 and up, so hopefully that will cut down on some of the noise. I am super excited.!!!!

Here's an adorkable Rob interview for your enjoyment.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page