twilight - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 654 Old 03-23-2009, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I broke down and rented this movie. OMG! I cant believe it but I totally love this movie. I feel like I am 16...
This is the 2nd night I have watched it. We dont have a tv so I watch everything via computer.
Anyone want to start a twilight thread?
#2 of 654 Old 03-24-2009, 12:12 AM

OMG....I just watched it with my husband. Good lord that man is hottttttt. Somebody needs to throw a bucket of water on me

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#3 of 654 Old 03-24-2009, 07:23 AM

I watched it this weekend after we picked up our preordered DVD. I enjoyed it even more the second time. The first time, I was too busy comparing it to the movie.

When I read the book, I kept wanting Bella to run away from Edward. The mother in me took over, I guess. When I watched the movie, and saw the chemistry between the actors who played Bella and Edward, the story resonated with me much more than when I read the book. I could recall what's it's like to be young and so drawn to another person.

I guess I'll have to watch it again when one of my kids starts dating someone and I don't approve. ;-)
#4 of 654 Old 03-25-2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBBYSMama View Post
So I broke down and rented this movie. OMG! I cant believe it but I totally love this movie. I feel like I am 16...
This is the 2nd night I have watched it. We dont have a tv so I watch everything via computer.
This is me. I'm totally 100% obsessed. It's bad. I seriously feel like I'm 15. Bad...... :
#5 of 654 Old 03-25-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBBYSMama View Post
OMG I could have written it myself. I also broke down and saw the movie few days ago and then watched it again next day. Since then I bought the book, read it in one day and today I am starting the "New Moon". I totally feel like I am 16 Its kind of embarrassing. My husband keeps making fun of me.
I liked the book much more then the movie. It has more depth to it, more dialogs, more Edward and Bella, more stuff.
But the movie is also great, cause jeee this guy is SO HOT!!!!
I feel like I lost my mind :

Sophie, wife to DH, AP mama to DD1 (12/07) and DD2 (04/10)
#6 of 654 Old 03-25-2009, 03:51 PM

Totally obsessed here.....obviously the book is waaaay better (as always) but the movie was waaaay better than I expected it to bed. What is it about Edward???? It's like I'm a teenager again....

I keep tellling DH that I wish he was a teenage vampire!

Lisa   L&D RN mama to DS#1 (4-01) DS#2 (9-03) DD (10-05) vbac.gifX2,  ribbonpb.gif 10-2011

#7 of 654 Old 03-25-2009, 03:56 PM

I watched it and liked it, except I totally agree with those who said they have an unhealthy relationship. But then, they are teenagers.

And, I think if she knew better she'd go for Jacob. He's a cutie and a sweetie. Edward-- he's a little creepy. But I suppose that's the appeal.

But as for me . . . . I like Carlyle . . . :

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#8 of 654 Old 03-25-2009, 04:39 PM

i liked it except i thought the special effects weren't very good. the skin sparkling part was horrible but there first kiss was amazing

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#9 of 654 Old 03-25-2009, 06:39 PM

I'm a Twilight addict too ).
I saw the movie and then read Twilight and New Moon. I then bought and have watched the movie 2 more times. I'm getting Eclipse and Breaking Dawn tonight. For me seeing the movie and then reading the books allowed me to appreciate and enjoy both, whereas reading the books first would have made me more critical.

If you like Edward or just can't get enough I recommend this link : http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html
Stephenie Meyer had started a Twilight from Edward's point of view. She gave it to Rob Patinson for his preparation for the role. She may or may not finish it because it was leaked on the internet, but this copy of what she has she is sharing. I love it too.

The effect that all of this has had on me is nutty! Many of you mentioned feeling like a teenager but I don't think that I was this obsessive as a teenager! I think that it may be a mid-life crisis! Whatever it is, it's nice ).
#10 of 654 Old 03-25-2009, 11:01 PM

Okay...this makes me I have been seriously thinking that I'm having a midlife crisis because I am LUV with Edward. I watched the movie two night in a row and my husband told me the next day "I returned you movie"...knowing I would be sad about it.

I have just moved from WA to Fl and seeing that movie brought on a serious case of nostalgia. I have actually stayed in Forks...it's a super small little town really close to some of the most amazing forests I've ever seen.

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#11 of 654 Old 03-25-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodygumdrops View Post
Okay...this makes me I have been seriously thinking that I'm having a midlife crisis because I am LUV with Edward. I watched the movie two night in a row and my husband told me the next day "I returned you movie"...knowing I would be sad about it.

I have just moved from WA to Fl and seeing that movie brought on a serious case of nostalgia. I have actually stayed in Forks...it's a super small little town really close to some of the most amazing forests I've ever seen.
I live in Sequim, which isn't far from Forks. I started reading this books two years ago, waited patiently each new book to come out. In September, I went to Forks for Bella's Birthday Party. I didn't get a chance to see the movie in the theater, but I just got the DVD. Like Verity, I spent most of the time comparing it to the book, to Forks, so I need to a watch again (and probably again), to see it just for the movie.
#12 of 654 Old 03-25-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eponabri View Post
I live in Sequim, which isn't far from Forks. I started reading this books two years ago, waited patiently each new book to come out. In September, I went to Forks for Bella's Birthday Party. I didn't get a chance to see the movie in the theater, but I just got the DVD. Like Verity, I spent most of the time comparing it to the book, to Forks, so I need to a watch again (and probably again), to see it just for the movie.
Oh, wow. I would have loved to live in Sequim. We lived in Seattle for two years and decided to move back east for family I still really miss the PacNW...I always told my hubby we should move to Sequim because it's more sunny there.

#13 of 654 Old 03-26-2009, 05:21 AM

This year we haven't been as sunny as we should be. We've had a lot more snow and rain than in the past. I'm more than ready for some sunshine, or at least some warmth.

But a perfect place for vampires....

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodygumdrops View Post
Oh, wow. I would have loved to live in Sequim. We lived in Seattle for two years and decided to move back east for family I still really miss the PacNW...I always told my hubby we should move to Sequim because it's more sunny there.
#14 of 654 Old 03-26-2009, 07:09 AM

I'm kind of surprised to read that Forks actually exists. I thought it was made up for the book and movie. Wasn't the movie shot in Oregon?

I've never been to Oregon or Washington, but I think the weather would send me round the bend. I get depressed when it is overcast for more than two days in a row.
#15 of 654 Old 03-26-2009, 09:05 AM

I've still not seen it! I'm an avid fan of the books, but when the movie was released, I was heavily pregnant, then in hospital.. By the time my son came out of the NICU, it was no longer in cinemas. I have preordered the DVD, though.. the UK release date is the 6th of April. I may reread the book before I watch the movie...
#16 of 654 Old 03-26-2009, 02:28 PM

I've been in love with edward for quite some time now. If this is a mid-life crisis, bring it on.

Rob is about the hottest thing I've seen in awhile. I wonder if he'd like to come over and play Guitar Hero with my son who is only 6 years younger than he is??
:
#17 of 654 Old 03-27-2009, 04:09 AM

I agree, they spent to much time, energy and money on the special effects which did nothing for the movie. But there were some good scenes. I loved the scenes with the Nomads and loved James. So of their lines were the best, like "Don't play with your food" and "Oh, you brought a snack".

I loved most of Rob's work, but I'm not a huge fan of Kristen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaina View Post
i liked it except i thought the special effects weren't very good. the skin sparkling part was horrible but there first kiss was amazing
#18 of 654 Old 03-27-2009, 04:10 AM

Wait until you get to Breaking Dawn. That was my favorite of the four.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophi4ka View Post
OMG I could have written it myself. I also broke down and saw the movie few days ago and then watched it again next day. Since then I bought the book, read it in one day and today I am starting the "New Moon". I totally feel like I am 16 Its kind of embarrassing. My husband keeps making fun of me.
I liked the book much more then the movie. It has more depth to it, more dialogs, more Edward and Bella, more stuff.
But the movie is also great, cause jeee this guy is SO HOT!!!!
I feel like I lost my mind :
#19 of 654 Old 03-27-2009, 04:15 AM

A lot of people were surprised that Forks is a real town. But it's been there for a hundred years... a long time logging town. I have a cousin who lives there.

Yes, the the first movie was filmed in Oregon... they said Forks was too hard to get to, and Oregon doesn't have any sales tax. Now they are filling the second movie in Canada, where it's cheaper, but it's on the backside of Vancouver Island which is also difficult to get to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verity View Post
I'm kind of surprised to read that Forks actually exists. I thought it was made up for the book and movie. Wasn't the movie shot in Oregon?

I've never been to Oregon or Washington, but I think the weather would send me round the bend. I get depressed when it is overcast for more than two days in a row.
#20 of 654 Old 03-27-2009, 12:54 PM

My daughter says: Team Alice and Jasper!

That is all.

LOL
#21 of 654 Old 03-27-2009, 01:23 PM

I am ashamed to like this stuff.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
#22 of 654 Old 03-28-2009, 09:07 AM

My husband actually rented it for me as a surprise! Who needs Edward or Jacob? That's what I'm going to keep telling myself....

I watched it 3 times in one day. The first time I got to the kissing scene, I was up dancing the baby and the toddler was talking to me. Second time I listened to the commentaries, third time hubby was home and we were doing dinner, etc.

I plan to wait 6 months or so and try it again. Not only was I distracted, but after reading a previous thread here, ended up watching it with a critical eye. I'm going to request the books at the library again.

off to work....

Learning & growing & changing everyday!
#23 of 654 Old 03-28-2009, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I watched it last night with my 9 year old. We turned off all the lights and covered up with afghans in the couch recliner. The 5 year old was watching too, but she got bored, a little bit annoyed that we were watching such a boring movie, and then she fell asleep.

Hahaha, I got up from this post to get breakfast for my kids, and my 9 year old sat down and typed this:

Quote:
So I went to the mall to buy a new purse, but then I ended up getting all this stuff instead. My children wanted lots of things, clothes, toys, food! Talk about Hell! It really was hell. I can't believe I said "yes" to all those things. They are never going to learn if they don't learn disaplint. So I decided that after a while they'd get bored of their things and I'd sell them. Like a garage sale or something.
She knows she spelled discipline wrong, but doesn't know how to spell it correctly. No surprise there.

Anyway, I thought Twilight as a movie was better than Twilight as a book. I found it a little tedious in parts but I think that was because it captured that part of the book. I liked the gloominess and cinematography, it was a visually pretty movie. I think the one thing that was hard to pull off the preternatural beauty of vampires using normal human actors, and I thought some of the vampires were just freaky looking. My daughter and I both thought declared Edward freaky looking when he first appeared on screen. I was expecting that from the movie poster but not quite so much as I thought that actor was good looking when he was in the Harry Potter movie as Cedric Diggory. I guess the point was that the vampires have glamour, because if I saw that doctor coming towards me, I'd scream and feel like I was in a nightmare.

Thankfully, they seemed to moderate the skin tones after the first shocking see how pale they are thing. In the low light settings he looked pretty good, and when he was actually moving and talking, he was fine. I didn't think the other vampires were that good looking, and I'm not sure why that would be a distraction, but Rosalie and Emmett (was that the blonde and the dark haired guy?) were just blah, and Alice and Jasper seemed weird to me, but I decided she was pretty cute and Jasper was fine in a blonde Edward Scissorhands kind of way. Why did they have to make their hair so freaky? Looking at IMDb, those actors are so much better looking in real life than they were in the film.

I liked Kristen Stewart as Bella, I feel like she made the whole story believable, and that's what I was having a few problems with in the book.
#24 of 654 Old 03-29-2009, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter

I went to Barnes and Noble to buy the DVD. It was 23 dollars! Does any one know a cheaper place to purchase the movie?

Does any one know if Kristen and Robert are dating? I heard rumors via front of magazines they were together? Any truth in that? I hope so! They are so good together?!

I have you all beat! I have watched the movie more than 4 days in a row (after DD hits the rack of course)

I am totally going to forks to see it! Where in Oregon was it filmed?

Don't you think Jessica and Mike were totally awesome? Like they fit the "High School" role?
#25 of 654 Old 03-29-2009, 10:26 AM

Viola, that post by your daughter was hilarious!

Wal-Mart has the DVD advertised for $17. That may be just a single disc version, without special features. (I haven't seen the special features, but my daughter has spent hours watching them.)

I agree that the roles of Mike and Jessica were perfectly cast.

I thought they did a pretty good job of making the actors who played the vampires look a little different, but not completely freaky. I guess I am the only one who didn't think Carlisle looked weird. I thought he was handsome in a slightly effeminate sort of way, sort of like Ralph Fiennes. (I'm talking about when he's being himself or another character, not Voldemort!)

I think Robert Pattinson was much more attractive as Cedric Diggory than as Edward, but I understand that a different look was needed for this movie.

I saw a magazine with Rob and Kristen on the cover, with the headline that they were back together, but who knows?
#26 of 654 Old 03-29-2009, 12:10 PM

Rob and Kristen are not dating, never have been. She has a long time boyfriend. They are good friends and have great chemistry. As does the entire cast.
#27 of 654 Old 03-29-2009, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

I am so embarrassed! : I try to not get into any drama- social, personal or entertainment! Not good for the soul! Anyway, that is cool that Rob and Kristen are friends.

I totally agree that the entire cast was AWESOME together! I watched the movie, AGAIN, last night..... and then I watched the movie again with directors commentary. Long night.

I am so happy there are talented actor's, directors and movie technicians (sorry, I do not know all the official names of those jobs) that are able to make a movie and transport people into other worlds; making them forget about every day troubles, if only for even for a few hours.

So if any of you are directly related to the cast or production staff; Thank you to them!! You are awesome!
#28 of 654 Old 03-29-2009, 08:30 PM

I thought the movie was okay, but I LOVED the books. I just started Eclipse. Twilight and New Moon were awesome so I'm really looking forward to these next two. Best books I've ever read.
#29 of 654 Old 03-30-2009, 02:02 AM

This thread makes me laugh. Yes- I am totally addicted, and a little ashamed too . My sis is a fanatic. We live in Portland, and heard that they might be filming at Oxbow Park (about 20 min. outside of Portland) we were willing to hike 2 miles in 40 degree pouring rain to get to the site, until my DH talked us down and told us it was probably pretty closed up (security- and he knows the ins and outs of the park because he was a ranger there.) To be that close... AHHHHH

Julieknit.gif, DP to modifiedartist.gif, mama to DD (7)dust.gif , and DS (5)joy.gif

#30 of 654 Old 03-30-2009, 02:16 AM - Thread Starter

I just bought this book yesterday. I am finishing Twilight now. YEA!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page