What else...Harry Potter: version M.1 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-19-2001, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So what did you all think? I liked it! It looked really nice. A whole lot of the humor in the books was lost but I went into the movie knowing it was bound to happen. Overall, it was a fun time! Of course, the books rule and will, no matter what man can do with a computer.

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2001, 04:26 PM

We haven't gone yet, but I did read the whole book to my little one (I think I'm out of my mind; now she wants to see the movie, despite many Voldemort-induced nightmares).
Will a brave 5-y-old be able to take this? She was fine with the "scary" stuff in Monsters Inc. But the Nazi chase scenes in Sound of Music brought her scrambling to my lap.
Old 11-19-2001, 04:34 PM

Loved the books, read them all in one week. But the movie was scarry, even for me. Very dark cinimatagraphy (okay so I can't spell). It was good, but as usual, not even close to the book. They had to cut about 3/4 out inorder to have the movie under 10 hours (hee hee). I'd say great for older children, but then again you are the parents

The Quidich match was awesome.
Old 11-19-2001, 06:55 PM

I think I've about decided that Joe and I are going to have a HP date, and leave Delia home for this. I am sure I can explain it to her; not so sure about him! I'll let you know what happens.
Old 11-22-2001, 12:05 AM

I thought it was good considering the book had so much detail in there was no way to expect them to fit it all into the movie. I wouldn't take a child under 6 to see it personally - and preferrably age 8 than 6.

I don't agree that it was very dark. There was two parts that I think limit it for under 6 but other than that... To each their own though.
Old 12-17-2001, 09:14 PM

Our son of 5 and 9 days or something, went, having been read the first book and loved it. I'm so peeved that dh took him I wanted to see it so badly!!!!! Wasn't frightened at all. mm
Old 12-18-2001, 12:53 AM

DH took our 4 year old (who was dying to see it) They left before the end (during the chess game I think) because it was too scary. DS doesn't want to go to Monsters, Inc. but I think he would like it.
Old 12-18-2001, 12:58 AM

Saw it. liked it, can't hold a candle to the book, of course. Definitely very scary, wouldn't recommend it for any child under age 8. The chess scene is frightening because one of the children, a main character, gets badly hurt in a very violent and frightening way. That said, I can't wait for the next one to come out!

User Tag List