iPod Touch - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 06-20-2009, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have an iPod Touch? Dh wants to update my iPod (I have an old nano that only has 2 GB of memory) for my birthday and we are thinking of getting the Touch. It looks like fun. But, I'm curious if it's worth the money. (We'd get it at Costco so it'd be a little cheaper than through Apple, but it's still a lot of money.) Any reviews?

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 06-21-2009, 01:08 AM

I like mine. I can't get an iphone because the long distance company we use doesn't use them, or I'd use that instead. But I like the clarity of the video, the apps are fun, and they hold a ton of music and photos.
#3 of 13 Old 06-21-2009, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My parents gave me one that they got through a bank (for opening some specific accounts), and it's really, really slick. I don't even know half the stuff it does, but I like it a lot. I have 600 songs on it and still have tons of space.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#4 of 13 Old 06-21-2009, 02:34 AM

I have an iPod video. They don't make an iPod touch with enough memory to hold my music but my sister has the touch just for games and apps and loves it. I'm thinking about getting an iPhone for the applications and such but I would keep my trust iPod video for music.
#5 of 13 Old 06-21-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyactsofcharity View Post
I have an iPod video. They don't make an iPod touch with enough memory to hold my music but my sister has the touch just for games and apps and loves it. I'm thinking about getting an iPhone for the applications and such but I would keep my trust iPod video for music.
Really? Because the lowest memory an iTouch has is 8gb. I know that I can't have all my video and music on it at one time so I rotate video, but there's certainly plenty of memory for it. I haven't heard of a separate iPod video.
#6 of 13 Old 06-22-2009, 12:28 AM

I have an ipod touch. I ADORE it. I mean, love it.

I love that I can put music, and photos on it. I love that (in an airplane) I can watch movies. I love the whole look of it ... I find it very sexy, lol. I like all the apps - they have some great free ones, especially the card games which I love for waiting rooms. I like that I can check my email on it, surf the internet wherever there is wireless.

I have the 8GB one, and haven't used up all the memory yet. But, I'm also not a huge music buff. So, it will be awhile before I get enough music to use up all the memory.

Obviously, I highly recommend it. I'm also a huge Apple fan, and have never had an issue with them. I actually had an accident with the ipod touch. My partner's nephew dunked it into water. It was a goner, and obviously my fault. When I called Apple about it (just to see if there was anything I could do to save it), they gave me a coupon for half off a new ipod - simply because I had just gotten mine a few months ago. I was very impressed as they didn't have to do this, considering the accident was my own fault.

First special delivery - April 2010 :
#7 of 13 Old 06-22-2009, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, so I think I'll go for the Touch. It sounds like a lot of fun!

#8 of 13 Old 06-22-2009, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamnEmma View Post
Really? Because the lowest memory an iTouch has is 8gb. I know that I can't have all my video and music on it at one time so I rotate video, but there's certainly plenty of memory for it. I haven't heard of a separate iPod video.
"iPod Video" is what the original name was for what they are now calling the "iPod Classic" The reason I prefer the iPod "classic" to the touch is that until very recently the highest GB you could get on a touch was 16. Very recently the 32GB has been released. My iPod is an 80GB. I have a MASSIVE music collection and the amount of memory on the touch is insufficient, especially if you wanted to use the other features of the touch (which is why it's so much more expensive so it's smart to utilize them) such as applications and internet. Make sense?
#9 of 13 Old 06-23-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
Ok, so I think I'll go for the Touch. It sounds like a lot of fun!
YAY!

You're going to love it! My nephew has one and everyone always, always, always wants to play with it. So many neat apps and other stuff. :

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#10 of 13 Old 06-23-2009, 02:18 AM

Ah! I see now. I came late to the ipod craze and my touch is the first one I've owned
#11 of 13 Old 07-27-2009, 10:56 AM

Bringing this old thread back looking for some insight. Dh's brother wants to get him one of these for his bday. We are not gadgety people and have never felt any need or desire for an iPod. We are not music crazy these days, we are just too busy for it and mostly listen to the kids music. It seems silly to buy one of these for my dh and dh isn't sure he wants it. Is it silly for him? Also, we have no idea exactly what this thing does. We don't have tv and so haven't been exposed to any advertising for this thing. Thanks!

Beth

Beth wife to Tom and mommy to Therese 11/4/04 Anna Mary 6/15/07 and Veronica 10/20/09
#12 of 13 Old 07-27-2009, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I finally started sorting and making playlists, and I will admit it's pretty cool. I have osme stuff I don't want the kids listening to, so I have a "kid safe" playlist (hwhich has a mix of "kid" music and my other music that's not explicit - I ahve some rap and metal that's kind of heavy for them just yet), and then the other playlist has all the music on it so I can shuffle it when they're not around.

I just downloaded some free apps from the itunes store, a bowling game, hangman, checkers, a bubblewrap thing, and a couple otehr cool free games.

as for this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therese's Mommy View Post
We are not music crazy these days, we are just too busy for it and mostly listen to the kids music. It seems silly to buy one of these for my dh and dh isn't sure he wants it.
I'll say this: It's really nice to have my music all in one place - I hadn't been listening to music a lot because it was a pain to have to cart my CDs around from place to place (we have a LOT of CDs), and I was too busy to sort through and pick things out and bring them room to room and into the car...but now that it's all here on my computer in itunes, and on the iPod and I have a player in the car, we're actually listening to music a lot more now and it's great.

Soo, I'd say if someone else is going to buy it for you as a present, go for it!!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#13 of 13 Old 07-27-2009, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

I'd definitely say go for it. Dh surprised me and bought me my Touch for our anniversary instead of my birthday! We had gone to the Apple store the day before our anniversary (a couple weeks ago) and checked them out and asked tons of questions. I had no idea he had already bought mine at Costco. I have no idea how I'm going to fill 32 GB of space on it. I love using Genius to make playlists, have some fun game app's for the kids to play while at baseball practice, and have put a couple movies on it already.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page