Squeaky-clean, absolutely inoffensive movies for 10-12-year-old girls? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 124 Old 11-21-2009, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
www.kidsinmind.com is another good kids movie review site. They go into all the nitty gritty.

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#122 of 124 Old 11-21-2009, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Michael with John Travolta?

Magic still but the angelic kind...I watched it with my kids when they weren't very old and we all enjoyed it. Of course I'm not opposed to a lot of the things you've listed so...

There's some troubling scenes..dog hit by car but then Michael fixes him.
#123 of 124 Old 05-18-2012, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Try any of the Disney Tween movies - Prom, 16 wishes, Lemonade Mouth, HighSchool Musical 1,2,3, Camp Rock, etc...

We also love A Cinderella Story (2004) w/Hillary Duff... super cute movie.

#124 of 124 Old 06-04-2012, 07:50 PM
AAK

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post

I agree with the newer version of the Parent Trap, Ella Enchanted, and the Princess Diaries movies. Also Freaky Friday (again the newer version). Although Ella Enchanted has that one scary scene where she is forced to try to kill the prince.

I'd go with the newer Parent Trap or Princess Diaries. Cheaper by the Dozen (again newer - or isn't there an old version? I'm talking about the one with Steve Martin and Ashton Kutcher) is good, but the parents heavily flirt with each other. They are married for crying out loud, but you said squeaky clean...

I love Shrek or Shark Tales for cartoons. Depends on what 10-12 year olds.

Why the newer version of Parent Trap?  I really prefer the older.  Regarding Ella Enchanted though, that would probably be a problem because of magic.  Ella's blessing/curse is done through magic.  

Shrek and Shark Tales. . . both of those have subtle "adult" humor, so I wouldn't put them in the "squeaky clean" category, though I wouldn't have a problem with a 10 year old watching them.  

I agree with Princess Diaries & Cheaper by the Dozen.  

Has anyone mentioned "Kit" (the American Girl from a few years back)?  or "Nim's Island"? 

Amy

ETA:  I just noticed how old this thread was. . . I imagine you don't need input anymore.

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page