Nicholas Sparks Movies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 12-23-2009, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anybody else love his books/movies? The latest one I read is The Last Song, about a father attempting to reconnect with his kids....obviously, I ended up in tears (as most of his books tend to make me do.) I saw a trailer for the movie, which stars Greg Kinnear, Kelly ******* & Miley Cyrus. Needless to say, I am looking forward to seeing the big screen version!

What are you favorite Nicholas Sparks books/movies?
#2 of 12 Old 12-23-2009, 10:44 PM

I think that I've read all of his books. I love them! My favorites are A Walk To Remember, The Notebook, and The Rescue. The Notebook movie I thought was alright, but I couldn't stand A Walk To Remember movie. What's the new movie??
#3 of 12 Old 12-23-2009, 11:37 PM

I've never read/seen any of his stuff but he lives in my hometown. He actually donated a track to my highschool. My dad runs a movie theatre and when his movies come out it's always a huge deal.

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#4 of 12 Old 12-24-2009, 10:47 AM

I love his books. Haven't read any in a couple of years, but I think I have read A Walk to Remember, The Notebook, The Rescue, and Nights in Rodanthie. I might be forgetting a couple. My favorite book was The Notebook and it was the only movie of his books that I really cared for. I've been so busy the last couple years that I haven't read very much at all. DH and I are at his parents' house until the 31st, and my SIL is a Nicholas Sparks fan. I saw one of his books, The Last Song (I think) laying around. I might ask her if I can read it while I'm out here.

Me, married to DH, my childhood sweetheart. Lucky mom to an amazing DD (10/15/10), , a funny little DS (1/11/13) , and 3 silly dogs. Expecting someone new February 14, 2015!
#5 of 12 Old 12-29-2009, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazajo View Post
I think that I've read all of his books. I love them! My favorites are A Walk To Remember, The Notebook, and The Rescue. The Notebook movie I thought was alright, but I couldn't stand A Walk To Remember movie. What's the new movie??
This is the trailer for The Last Song:
http://www.accesshollywood.com/trail..._video_1176654

Loved The Notebook for sure, and I actually really liked A Walk to Remember - I was a Mandy Moore fan back then and really liked her in the movie, and the movie started her out in the acting world. Miley is a little bit different since she's a TV star already, but it might be a great movie to get her to move away from the Hannah Montana image and into more grown-up stuff!
#6 of 12 Old 12-31-2009, 10:59 AM

Wow, that looks really good! And I haven't heard of that book!! Guess I'll be making a trip to the library in the next couple days
#7 of 12 Old 01-05-2010, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I think so too If you get a chance to read it, let me know what you think of it!

Oh, fun fact: Nicholas Sparks actually wrote the movie's screenplay before writing the book (and he wrote the part of Ronnie specifically for Miley - that's some kind of flattery!)
#8 of 12 Old 01-07-2010, 05:29 PM

He is my favorite author!! You have to read Dear John, I just got it for Christmas, not sure when it came out but it also is a movie coming out in February I think. One of his best books IMO.
#9 of 12 Old 01-08-2010, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

I saw that too - I will have to read that as well definitely. A lot of his novels are inspired by people and their experiences that he knows so I feel like that's why I love his books - they really hit home. And they always translate so well onto the big screen - so pretty sure that these next couple movies will be pretty good too.
#10 of 12 Old 01-08-2010, 04:59 PM

The only one I truly like (and by my criteria that means one that I would read again) is A Walk to Remember. I think the movie is even better. I actually didn't care much for Dear John.
#11 of 12 Old 01-09-2010, 01:19 AM

I've read all except for The notebook. They're my favorite easy to read, want to veg out books.

obstruct livery vehicles

#12 of 12 Old 01-12-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_R View Post
I've read all except for The notebook.
I hope you read it soon. It's really good.

Worlds Best Mom

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page