Eclipse (Twilight) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 177 Old 06-25-2010, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
4 days until the Tuesday midnight showing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 177 Old 06-26-2010, 07:48 AM

Fan made montage on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVvTwz-Lkkk

Spoilers in there. Looks like a few things from Eclipse trailers, too.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#123 of 177 Old 06-26-2010, 10:40 AM

Did anyone watch the premiere on E!? I did and everyone was beautiful. Kristen seemed very uncomfortable though. She's certainly not into the red carpet at all. I read that she took of her shoes the minute she got off the carpet...lol.

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#124 of 177 Old 06-26-2010, 10:07 PM

LOTS of Eclipse trailers gathered! Enjoy!

http://www.eclipsemovie.org/eclipse-trailer/

#125 of 177 Old 06-28-2010, 02:42 PM

Tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#126 of 177 Old 06-29-2010, 10:30 AM

I just heard on the Radio Stephanie Meyer being quoted as saying she is sick and tired of vampires and has no desire to write any more about the Twilight characters. That explains why the Bree Tanner book was so so.
I guess we will have to just imagine for ourselves what will happen to Rennesme and Jacob!
#127 of 177 Old 06-29-2010, 01:33 PM

I'm going tomorrow at 2! I can't wait!! I have my snacks all ready and I watched Twilight and New Moon this weekend!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#128 of 177 Old 06-29-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalilah View Post
I just heard on the Radio Stephanie Meyer being quoted as saying she is sick and tired of vampires and has no desire to write any more about the Twilight characters. That explains why the Bree Tanner book was so so.
I guess we will have to just imagine for ourselves what will happen to Rennesme and Jacob!
And we won't be seeing Midnight Sun anytime soon either.

I don't know when I'll get to the theater for Eclipse. I reread the whole series (again) and will be watching Twilight and New Moon in the next few days. I have 5 days off soon so I'm sure I'll get there at some point.
#129 of 177 Old 06-29-2010, 02:20 PM

Hello Ladies!

I am SO excited! My friend and I are going to a late showing tomorrow night
I have a question for those of you who dealt with the insane line-ups on opening nights (well, here we have several theatres with showtimes for tonight, not just tmrw)
So our local theatre has showings starting at 11:30am throughout the day. We have tickets for the last show at 10:15pm.
My question to you all is, what time do you think we should go? I pick my friend up from work at 6pm, we wanted to stop for a bite first but I'm really nervous that there could be insane lines? What do ya'll think? I'm sure we'll encounter lineups for the 6-7-8 shows too.

Eeeeeeee, just talking about it makes it so real! Woo-HOOOOO

wife & mum to 9yo dd, 7yo ds1 & 5yo ds2 and our rescue dog Roger!
#130 of 177 Old 06-29-2010, 02:44 PM

For New Moon I went to the midnight showing on the first night and got there at 9:30pm and luckily there wasn't a line a mile long because they let everyone in the theater by like 8:30 so many many seats were already taken. But it was great to get to sit there instead of in line. I guess it depends on where you live and how big of a city, but I would go at least 1.5 hours early, myself.

I'm SO SAD that I can't go to the midnight show tonight. DW works nights and can't take off and she really wants to see it with me, so we're waiting until Sunday, earliest showing. We could go Friday night or a matinee on Saturday but I know those showings are going to be even more crowded, so we're waiting til Sunday. I'm thinking the 10am show might not be too bad, crowd-wise. We'll see. I'm so excited though!!!!!!!!! I hope you all come here and tell us how it was and what you thought of it! Have fun!!!!

Breaking Dawn (part 1) comes out on my birthday weekend in 2011 (like New Moon did) so that'll be awesome! I was thinking about the storyline and script for BD and I just can't figure out where they'll cut it in half. If it was just after the baby is born then that makes for a very non-action movie. Boys and men will hate it. Wedding, honeymoon, pregnancy, birth, the end. Nope. They have to make it more action-packed.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#131 of 177 Old 06-29-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
For New Moon I went to the midnight showing on the first night and got there at 9:30pm and luckily there wasn't a line a mile long because they let everyone in the theater by like 8:30 so many many seats were already taken. But it was great to get to sit there instead of in line. I guess it depends on where you live and how big of a city, but I would go at least 1.5 hours early, myself.

I'm SO SAD that I can't go to the midnight show tonight. DW works nights and can't take off and she really wants to see it with me, so we're waiting until Sunday, earliest showing. We could go Friday night or a matinee on Saturday but I know those showings are going to be even more crowded, so we're waiting til Sunday. I'm thinking the 10am show might not be too bad, crowd-wise. We'll see. I'm so excited though!!!!!!!!! I hope you all come here and tell us how it was and what you thought of it! Have fun!!!!

Breaking Dawn (part 1) comes out on my birthday weekend in 2011 (like New Moon did) so that'll be awesome! I was thinking about the storyline and script for BD and I just can't figure out where they'll cut it in half. If it was just after the baby is born then that makes for a very non-action movie. Boys and men will hate it. Wedding, honeymoon, pregnancy, birth, the end. Nope. They have to make it more action-packed.
Our anniversary is in November, so I always use that to see movies (especially these movies ). When I reread Breaking Dawn, I was thinking about where they'd split it and it seems like the perfect place would be right after the baby is born. But you're right, total lack of action in the first one.
#132 of 177 Old 06-29-2010, 03:56 PM

I think I am going to whatever showing they have around 11:00 a.m. tomorrow. The only time posted so far is the midnight showing, so I don't know exact times. I'll be going alone, so finding a single seat shouldn't be an issue is I go later. I'll probably go about half an hour before it starts.

Hope you all who are going to the midnight showings have a great time!!!

#133 of 177 Old 06-29-2010, 08:16 PM

Thanks Ladies!

I figured at least an hour or so. This way we'll have time to sneak in a glass or two of wine to reduce my guilty feelings over perverted thoughts about Taylor Lautner (yeah, I'm almost old enoough to be his Mom!! )

#134 of 177 Old 06-29-2010, 08:25 PM

Unfortunately I cant go till Thursday but I am really looking forward to it then. I just hope it is as close to the books as the others was. The previews with the "newborns" coming out of the water isnt even close to the book so time will tell.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#135 of 177 Old 06-30-2010, 10:08 AM

Woot! I can't believe I stayed up so late last night (ended up with about 3.5 hrs of sleep!) but I had so much fun seeing this with my girlfriends at midnight! It was awesome. I haven't read Eclipse yet, so it was full of surprises for me, which was great. I'm still on that "Twilight High" that seems to overtake me for a few days after I see each movie or finish each book. Yummy, and yet also disconcerting.... Aiiii, I can't wait to see the next one.

Married to my sweetie and enjoying life with our fabulous dog.  Expecting #1 in August 2012!!!!

#136 of 177 Old 06-30-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
The previews with the "newborns" coming out of the water isnt even close to the book so time will tell.
....that was filmed right near my Dads!! Dang, he claims to not have known I was a fan at that time of filming!(yeah, ya'll know I'd be camping out there) He even witnessed the trials of the wiring systems and the green screens for the big battle scene, again only about 5 mins from his friggin house!

Oh, and lakeruby...I am SO jealous! I still have to wait 14hrs:40mins:22secs!!

#137 of 177 Old 06-30-2010, 11:41 AM

I'm going in 3 hours!! I can't wait! I'm glad I avoided the midnight. I had a wicked headache last night and that would've ruined it for me. I've heard it's good! Trying to go into it with an open mind. I know they'll change a lot of things!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#138 of 177 Old 06-30-2010, 11:47 AM

It was so much fun!! I went to see the trilogy. My theater had three showings of the trilogy and all three were sold out. I got there at 5:30 for a 7:16 showing waited in line and got centered but high seats. We were happy with the seats -- some people got there at 6:15 and had to sit in the first three rows - for all three movies. I'm sure that their necks are sore today! The other theaters were all showing Eclipse at midnight. When we went to the bathroom before Eclipse the lines were sooooo long that we left and went to the men's room and convinced a manager to let us in. A small crowd gathered and we were seen as potty heroes. An exciting aside was that they showed the Harry potter preview before Eclipse. I got home a little before three, to bed by 3:30 (I was ramped up by caffeine and Edward) and had to get up at 7 since my nephew arrives between then and 7:30. So I'm a little crazed right now.I'm on an Eclipse high and REALLY want to see it again.
I want to talk but I don't want to say too much when others haven't seen it yet. I really liked it with 2 rather large complaints. There are differences from the book but I thought that this one better than others kept the emotion of the actions the same. I hope this makes sense in my vagueness. I particularly enjoyed much more Bella/Edward time -- especially needed after New Moon. Edward looked GREAT especially since he got to smile some. Go SEE THE MOVIE!!!!! Then we can talk!!!!
#139 of 177 Old 06-30-2010, 01:12 PM

I went last night...the Drive In played New Moon and Eclipse back to back. I liked it....I didn't love it. I felt the newborn part was too much....I prefer how the book started. The parts that were directly from the book I looooved...the added stuff-meh. Hubby was like "that part was from the book wasn't it? I can tell because it is well written". I prefered the others much better. I just finished re-listening to the series on audiobook...I have read them multiple times too...so was sooo looking forward to it!

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif
#140 of 177 Old 06-30-2010, 05:16 PM

Here's a link about how to make Spoilers Scroll down for directions.

Then you can write whatever you want and people can choose whether or not to move their mouse/cursor over it and read it.

#141 of 177 Old 06-30-2010, 05:21 PM

So...

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
I thought that Jacob was much more angry at the end in the book? He didn't seem very upset at all at the end of the movie.

And...

I liked the other Victoria MUCH better. I didn't like the new Victoria AT ALL.

I'm sure I'll think of more things later, but right now those are the two that stand out.

I want to go see it again...NOW!

#142 of 177 Old 06-30-2010, 05:32 PM

Can we just assume there will be spoilers from here on out and if someone hasn't seen the movie and doesn't wanted to be spoiled they should wait to read the thread?

I just got back from seeing it and I loved it! Two parts I really didn't like and a few things that annoyed me. Best overall so far!

#143 of 177 Old 06-30-2010, 05:45 PM

testing
#144 of 177 Old 06-30-2010, 06:14 PM

OK I seem to have this figured out. I really liked the movie. It was very fast paced but I knew that it would be to try and shove it all in. It had GREAT comic parts and I was impressed that David Slade did understand the emotional aspects much more than I expected. I felt that while things were sped up the emotions conveyed were generally the same as the original.
My issues :
1. The second kiss with Jacob was just a good big kiss. There was no buildup from Bella and no aggressive passion from Jacob. They just were both mutually in from the get go so it didn't seem like something which would cause a mental awakening. I think though that this was intentional because of the teen market and concern for abusive relationships. During the breakup she says that she was denying her feelings because it didn't change anything which is very different from not knowing your feelings. Then NO crying after the Jacob breakup?? It was certainly torturous for poor Edward in the books, but to have all that and then not even have her shed a tear in the movie was strange.
2. Why no Bree shrieking for Bella's blood? Odd. Maybe they'd have to pay her more?
3. Bella's little speech at the end rubbed me wrong. It sounded like she was interested in becoming a vamp with or without Edward while throughout the books she says that she wouldn't want a moment of immortality without him. Once I was more awake this afternoon however and discussed it with a friend she thought that it was just Bella letting Edward know that she was not changing FOR him but for HER so that she could be a vamp with him and she was looking forward to that life. I'll just have to see it again awshucks!!

I LOVED
1. the leg hitch and proposal. It wasn't verbatim but what they did and what he said just made me swoon. I was all in.
2. I thought that the tent scene dialogue was great and both actors were excellent. Really I thought that the acting was wonderful throughout.
3. The chase scene along the boundary between the vamps and wolves. AWESOME.
4. The battle was great too, with the interplay of the vamps and the wolves and the moment of respect between Emmett and the wolf who almost attacks him earlier.
5. All things Charlie.
6. Jasper and Rosalie's backstories.
7. Jasper in uniform on a horse. (That seemed to warrant it's own entry.)
8. At the very end they made sure that Bella came across as confident and ready to embrace her new life. I think that they might have glossed over the Jacob stuff for that so that she wouldn't look wishy washy but we all know that it's going through the Hell that strengthened her.

I can't wait to see it again and if these opinions hold up.
I'd also love to hear your opinions. Sorry for sharing so much- haven't had time to share with Twilight lovers yet so it's all in my head. Not a lot of sharing at 2:22 am.
#145 of 177 Old 06-30-2010, 06:19 PM

I can't not let myself read the spoilers, but I was very happy with what you loved and not real surprised by what you didn't. Thanks for sharing!
#146 of 177 Old 06-30-2010, 06:55 PM

Oh Kycat you summed up my thoughts perfectly. Both the dislikes and the loves!! And hubba hubba Jasper. I have a serious Jackson Rathbone crush now!

You know the thing that annoyed me the most? Bella's wig. They didn't do a great job with it this time. Overall the wigs were better than New Moon but Bella's was "off" in many scenes!

#147 of 177 Old 06-30-2010, 07:06 PM

Oh and I LOVED the proposal scene. I don't think that's a spoiler since everyone knows it's in the book. Loved the music and the tone of the scene. I'll admit that I thought about ducking into another theater playing the movie on the way out to see if I could just see THAT one scene again! I think I'm going to see the movie again with DH this weekend though.

#148 of 177 Old 06-30-2010, 09:09 PM

Alyantavid - it's nice to have a place to share!!
Stayseeliz - the proposal was great wasn't it??!?!? I read somewhere that Rob felt awkward with the dialogue but that he channeled that nervousness into his character and they thought that it just came across as charming and I have to say that I agree.
#149 of 177 Old 06-30-2010, 10:04 PM

Okay, here are more of my thoughts..

Lots of sweet Bella and Edward moments. The proposal, the meadow scenes, etc.
The Cullens were awesome in the chase and training scenes.
The end fight scene was awesome! The way the wolves went after the vamps was amazing!
The wolves creeping into the woods during the training scene and Jacob standing next to Bella as a wolf.
JASPER!!! Oh my I have a new crush. Hubba hubba.
Charlie was cute as always. I loved when he was trying to give her the "talk". Too funny.
Riley. I loved him. It made me sad that he died. He was tricked by Victoria into all the crap he did.
The tent scene. Just great acting all around there.
The proposal again! I just loved it!!! SO sweet!! And of course the leg hitch..
I liked seeing more of the wolf pack this time especially all together at the bonfire and Jacob's house.

Dislikes:
Jacob bugged the crap out of me the whole time. I know he's supposed to be "moody" but bleh. He just got on my nerves. Plus the ever present stubble over his lip. Bleh.

The wolf pack in general (as humans) just aren't "buff" enough. Certainly not how they were made to be in the book. Not enough muscles.

I think the thing I am MOST disappointed about is Bella and Jacob's kiss and the lack of "revelation". She truly didn't know and it wasn't until she SAW the future she could have had with Jacob that she realized she loved him too. And that killed her to give him and that future up. The whole crying for an entire night and grieving his loss wasn't put into the movie at all. I felt robbed on that point.

Bell's wig annoyed me. The other wigs were much better though. Rosalie's eyebrows were laughable though. Pitch black eyebrows with blonde hair? No one thought that through. I still think she was miscast. She doesn't suit the role well.

Victoria's hair was insane. It literally looked like they just plunked it on top of her head. They should have at least tried to make it look like the other Victoria. That really annoyed me.

I really wanted to see Victoria's head BOUNCE. LOL I know that's dumb but that's what I wanted!

Overall I thought it was awesome. I can't wait to see it again!!

#150 of 177 Old 07-01-2010, 08:41 PM

The new Victoria annoyed me. Riley was AMAZING.

And really, they left out the ONE part of the book that I thought was crucial to showing how torn Bella really was.
I really thought that cutting out the scene where Bella cries for days after telling Jacob that she loves him but still chooses Edward was kind of ridiculous. All that mental anguish and indecision and she chooses Edward and all she is worried about it telling Charlie. It made her seem really callous to me.

momma to 8 yr old ddjoy.gif.  Furmom to our menagerie:   2dog2.gif , 1cat.gif, 2 goldfish.gif,  2 hamster.jpg,  and 1 silly rabbit. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page