Eclipse (Twilight) - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 177 Old 07-01-2010, 10:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonegirl View Post
I went last night...the Drive In played New Moon and Eclipse back to back. I liked it....I didn't love it. I felt the newborn part was too much....I prefer how the book started. The parts that were directly from the book I looooved...the added stuff-meh. Hubby was like "that part was from the book wasn't it? I can tell because it is well written". I prefered the others much better. I just finished re-listening to the series on audiobook...I have read them multiple times too...so was sooo looking forward to it!
That has basically how I've felt about each of the movies. I don't know why these directors feel the need to change even the most basic of things. Like why did they make it so Bella and Charlie eat every meal out? There was no need for that and it removes an example of Bella being a caretaker.
#152 of 177 Old 07-01-2010, 11:17 PM

I liked it didnt love it. The first 2 stayed more true to the books this one not so much. I didnt think it went into things like it should have to explain the werewolf vs vampire thing. I was a tad bit disappointed but not horribly so.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#153 of 177 Old 07-02-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
I liked it didnt love it. The first 2 stayed more true to the books this one not so much. I didnt think it went into things like it should have to explain the werewolf vs vampire thing. I was a tad bit disappointed but not horribly so.
I actually thought this one stayed truer to the book than the others. They didn't go into as much detail but I thought it was pretty close!

I'm dragging DH to see it tonight! I can't wait!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#154 of 177 Old 07-02-2010, 01:27 PM

DH and I are going in an hour.
#155 of 177 Old 07-02-2010, 04:30 PM

ok I saw it. I won't post any spoilers. I'll just say 2 things for now.

1 I hated the fight scenes. These vampires in the movie fight like humans and nothing like the vampires in the book. And considering the state of the art effects available today there is not one excuse for that.

2 did we get a new Rosalie? She doesn't look the same at all. I couldn't tell if she lost weight or was recast.

There is more, but I won't post it till later.
#156 of 177 Old 07-02-2010, 05:51 PM

Same Rosalie. I think that they are finally costuming her better -- better wigs and clothes. She's BEAUTIFUL but sooo not a blonde that I've always thought it a strange casting call and it has always bothered me that they gave her a blonde wig but left her with the black eyebrows.
#157 of 177 Old 07-02-2010, 07:39 PM

Actually liked her look better in the first 2 movies.
#158 of 177 Old 07-03-2010, 04:47 PM

Finally saw it. I likes parts of it and other part I felt really lacked. I did think that they cut out too much and it was really fastpaced. I have to see it twice to really get a sense of the movie.

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#159 of 177 Old 07-03-2010, 06:18 PM

I enjoyed it a LOT more the second time around. I am fine with it, other than the minor quibbles I mentioned.

It's so hard to cram everything into a movie...

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#160 of 177 Old 07-03-2010, 10:09 PM

Finally saw it!! Loved loved loved it!!! I didn't really have any quibbles. I thought it stayed true to the book. Funny thing: I actually didn't like how sad and upset Bella was after talking to Jake at the end in the book so I liked the movie version better. I do wish that they explained how Jake tricked her into kissing him like the book but then it wouldn't have seemed like a true love triangle for the movie. Bella's wig only bothered me a couple of times. Rosalie looked much better, I thought. Dark eyebrows don't bother me. Jasper- woohoo! Hottie (finally!) I can't wait to see it again next Saturday!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#161 of 177 Old 07-04-2010, 06:00 PM

I saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it. So much better than New Moon. I really liked Twilight, campy and fun. New Moon was terrible, and left me wary of watching Eclipse. But it is good. I thought the acting was much better, fairly true to the book, fast paced, good dialogue. I don't think any movie can be the same as the book, so when one isn't true to the book, I don't mind too much. I judge the movie by the movie, and this one I'd see again.
#162 of 177 Old 07-04-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
Finally saw it!! Loved loved loved it!!! I didn't really have any quibbles. I thought it stayed true to the book. Funny thing: I actually didn't like how sad and upset Bella was after talking to Jake at the end in the book so I liked the movie version better. I do wish that they explained how Jake tricked her into kissing him like the book but then it wouldn't have seemed like a true love triangle for the movie. Bella's wig only bothered me a couple of times. Rosalie looked much better, I thought. Dark eyebrows don't bother me. Jasper- woohoo! Hottie (finally!) I can't wait to see it again next Saturday!
Isn't it interesting how they played up Jacob as nicer by leaving that out and then they spun the Victoria story and made it so that Edward was hiding it from Bella, when he didn't in the book. I was disappointed they left out Rosalie wanting a baby out of her story, when it is so central to her character in Breaking Dawn.
#163 of 177 Old 07-04-2010, 09:55 PM

Arduinna- yeah I think it was done that way so the Team Jacob people would still love him. But remember Edward DID hide the Victoria stuff from Bella in the book. That's why he convinced her to go to Florida. So his family could try to take care of her while they were gone without her knowing. That part of the movie was accurate to the book. A lot of the book was about Edward learning to trust that Bella could handle the truth and somewhat take care of herself (like with being around the wolves)

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#164 of 177 Old 07-05-2010, 10:42 AM

http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf...n_produce.html

It looks as if there's some truth to those rumors about the final two movies in the five-film tween vampire romance series being shot somewhere in Louisiana.

Last month, when news first emerged that Summit Entertainment was considering moving production for the final two movies in the series from Vancouver to Louisiana, Summit bigwigs were understandably tight-lipped, given the off-screen circus it will likely generate. This week, however, producer Wyck Godfrey took care of things for them.

"I'm getting on a plane tomorrow to Louisiana to start scouting with Bill Condon, who's directing the next two movies," Godfrey said, "and we're going to start finding our locations and designing sets and we start shooting in November."
#165 of 177 Old 07-05-2010, 11:47 AM

I'm curious to see how they'll make Louisiana look like the Pacific Northwest.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#166 of 177 Old 07-05-2010, 12:01 PM

I thought maybe they would use south LA to look like south america but they will probably cut out that part of the book so no need.
#167 of 177 Old 07-05-2010, 05:08 PM

I know, I totally can't see how Louisiana can look like the PNW. For the Rio parts sure...but not Forks/Cullen house/Battle feild etc etc

wife & mum to 9yo dd, 7yo ds1 & 5yo ds2 and our rescue dog Roger!
#168 of 177 Old 07-05-2010, 05:30 PM

I really hope they'll continue to film long term in the PNW. The scenery is such a huge part of the movies! Hopefully the NOLA thing is just for a few shots.. Maybe Ilse Esme?

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#169 of 177 Old 07-07-2010, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

I just simply loved it. All the waiting and couting down was worth it.

I have minor complaints, but I'm too in love with the books and movies to nit pick.
Maybe they didn't do things the way I think they should have, but I still think it was worth waiting for.....and seeing again and again!!!

Thinking about starting a new Nov 2011 coutdown thread already....ROFLMAO!!!

Center
#170 of 177 Old 07-07-2010, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf...n_produce.html
"I'm getting on a plane tomorrow to Louisiana to start scouting with Bill Condon, who's directing the next two movies," Godfrey said, "and we're going to start finding our locations and designing sets and we start shooting in November."
O.M.G. I'm a short drive away from LA. I swear I'll crash the set if I find out where in LA they're going to film!!!!! LOL!!!

Center
#171 of 177 Old 07-16-2010, 01:36 AM

I loved Eclipse!

I'm sort of new to Twilight. I'm in my 30s and knew of the Twilight phenonmenon in the teen literature world, but from a distance. On a whim - can't even remember the real reason now, maybe all the publicity surrounding the upcoming Eclipse release - I rented the first two movies, Twilight and New Moon. Oh, now that I think of it, I think I saw the three actors on Oprah, perhaps.

I loved the first two films.

And then I got Robert Pattinson's other film, Remember Me, and loved it! It's a very, very good film. I highly recommend it. (But I do feel sorry for him as an actor to have so much frenzy surrounding his every move and movie...crazy).

I went to see Eclipse all by myself (first movie I've ever gone to by myself...ever!) because I didn't want to have to wait for my husband or my friends to work out their schedules to go and see it! I wanted to see it right away!

I really love the Charlie character, the Esme, Alice, and Carlisle characters, and I loved the inside Team Jacob / Team Edward jokes.

The mountain top scene where Jacob is needed to warm Bella because Edward can't where he says "You know I'm hotter than you" was hilarious. Yes, not Oscar worthy writing, but funny and a nice gift to fans.

I think that Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson did a good job in the film. I am looking forward to the next installment.

I'm now rewatching the first two films on dvd with actor / director commentary. So interesting.

I'm hooked, I guess! I never would have thought...
#172 of 177 Old 07-21-2010, 07:39 AM
Banned

I watched it last week. Totally awesome. It's my favorite part of the series. It's not as good as the book, but I still love watching it I'm gonna see it over again :P
#173 of 177 Old 08-26-2010, 03:31 PM

I just wanted to say that I am a happy woman!!! Someone I know has connections to the movie business and he got his hands on a copy of the Eclipse dvd (not a pirated or bootleg copy) and gave it to me as a gift! I've watched it about 4 times now since Saturday. Just thought I'd share...and brag a little.

#174 of 177 Old 08-26-2010, 04:54 PM

Congratulations!!!
I am envious. When is it even going to be available?? I can't explain this but I have only seen Eclipse the one time. I thoroughly enjoyed it but haven't been able to justify the time and expense yet. (I'll definitely check it out at the dollar theatre.) It will be nice when I can watch it at home while all of the kiddos are at school. aaaaahh me time )
Way to go Monarchgrrl!!!!!
#175 of 177 Old 08-27-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
I just wanted to say that I am a happy woman!!! Someone I know has connections to the movie business and he got his hands on a copy of the Eclipse dvd (not a pirated or bootleg copy) and gave it to me as a gift! I've watched it about 4 times now since Saturday. Just thought I'd share...and brag a little.
Wow. That's nice.

I think Eclipse is my favorite film. No, Twilight. No, Eclipse. Hard to say. I liked the director's approach in Twilight. But Eclipse had so many good scenes.

Both are so much better than New Moon, in my opinion.
#176 of 177 Old 10-22-2010, 08:34 AM

OK, finally got to see Eclipse, and I gotta say, WTF was up with Jaspers Hair????? Seriously. Twilight and New moon were bad, but this was just WRONG. And the color wasnt even the same. NEither was esmes.

Other then that i enjoyed it. I will watch it again. I want to see New Moon again too. The scenary is just beautiful. The scene in the tent made me lol. I wish they had followed the exact dialouge from the book, that would have been great.

I also liked how they squeaked in some stuff from the Bree Tanner Novella. I had a feeling they would.

Definetly looking forward to Breaking Dawn.
#177 of 177 Old 10-22-2010, 05:43 PM

Thanks! Just when I needed a Twilight fix here it is aaaahhhhhh.

Poor Jasper. His hair! I felt like the hair people haven't known what to do with him in any of the movies. He's a good looking guy, but man they have really messed with the hair! December 4 is the dvd release date and that seems awfully far away. I would really like to see Eclipse again, but I don't think that it's even in the cheapo movies now. Plus, it's easier to find time in my family room.

At least I know what one of my Christmas gifts will be (it just might be opened a little early!.)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page