Eclipse (Twilight) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 177 Old 03-12-2010, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I officially started my very own countdown for Eclipse today...even though it started officially forever ago!

I finally got back online and have already watch the new trailer a jazillion times.

This obsession is madness. My Twilight fire was starting to smoulder out until I gave in to the temptation of wathcing the trailer....now I'm all sucked in again!!!

Anyone else all sparked up again?!?!?!

111 days and counting down....

Center
#2 of 177 Old 03-12-2010, 04:00 PM

Oh I'm sparked, for sure! I watched the trailer on youtube way too many times! It really looks like it will be good and follow the book. Eclipse was my favorite book of the series so I hope they stay close to it.

My DW is already dismayed that she has to go with me at midnight to see this. I made her see New Moon twice in one day because it came out on my birthday, but I promised her that she only has to go once. I'm so excited, too, that in one week I get to buy New Moon on dvd!!! I can't wait for the special features, commentaries and exclusive Eclipse footage!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEE!

I CAN'T WAIT TIL JUNE 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#3 of 177 Old 03-12-2010, 04:21 PM

Yup, I'm def excited!!!!!!!!!!!

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

#4 of 177 Old 03-12-2010, 10:07 PM

I've been watching the trailer, too.

Waiting for March 20th to get my copy of New Moon.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#5 of 177 Old 03-14-2010, 07:32 PM

Can't wait to get New Moon on dvd! This has definately brought it back, I purposefully put the books away for awhile and made it go away, but I am ready to let myself be immersed a bit again. I think some on here will get what I mean.

Wendy,loving wife to Brian, happy mama of Trinity(15), Christian(15), Gavin(13), Logan(11), Griffon(9),Jubilee(7), Epiphany (4), and Lucian Danger( born 18 April 12) <3
#6 of 177 Old 03-14-2010, 07:53 PM

Yep the obsession is gearing up again! Should be fun...

Grace - photographer, wife and mom to 4 great kids (Ethan 5.00, Ainsley 4.02, Owen 12.04, and Ellis Ann 10.07) :
#7 of 177 Old 03-15-2010, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

108 days left and counting D-O-W-N!!!

Center
#8 of 177 Old 03-17-2010, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

106....days....left....and.....counting....every.. ..one....

Mods: Should this be moved to TAO? It's looking like more of a countdown than an actual discussion.

Center
#9 of 177 Old 03-17-2010, 03:59 PM

Very excited here too! I just hope the wait for Breaking Dawn isn't too long.

And only 3 more days until New Moon!
#10 of 177 Old 03-17-2010, 06:45 PM

Saturday will help when I can buy New Moon, aaahhhh. Of course I'll be watching it at home during the day when dh isn't around to know of the true extent of the obsession. haha
I have to admit that I LOVE Eclipse and am a little worried about the movie. There are so many amazing romantic scenes and I don't want Melissa Rosenberg (sp?) or Slade to mess them up!! I'm a little worried, but of course I'll have to be there at midnight to see how it all turns out.
#11 of 177 Old 03-19-2010, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

*** 104 *** days *** left **** and *** counting ***

Oh, I would really love to buy each movie as it comes out, but I'm trying my derndest to wait until the box sets eventually come out.

Center
#12 of 177 Old 03-19-2010, 01:05 PM

YAY, it's getting closer. I was thinking about going to one of those parties at midnight tonight for the New Moon release. Prizes, raffles, etc. Then buy the movie at midnight, but then I found out that there is only one place you can get the Ultimate Fan Edition of the move that comes w/ a 7 minute documentary thingie about the making of Eclipse and ends with a WHOLE SCENE from Eclipse. Walmart. Ugh. I hate Walmart and haven't been in years. But I'm going there at 8am tomorrow to buy New Moon. I gotta have it! Can't wait!!!!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#13 of 177 Old 03-20-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappilyEvrAfter View Post
*** 104 *** days *** left **** and *** counting ***

Oh, I would really love to buy each movie as it comes out, but I'm trying my derndest to wait until the box sets eventually come out.
I thought about waiting until the box set comes out but that's going to be YEARS away! I'll buy the big box set and hopefully they'll include the deleted/extended scenes in the regular movie the way they did with the Lord of the Rings trilogy. We LOVE that box set!!! But I'm buying the cheaper versions to tide me over until then.

I picked up the two disc set this morning. I went to the Walmart release party last year and they let people cut in line and buy multiple copies so after waiting in line for 90 minutes they only had the single disc edition left. I was not happy. So I skipped the midnight release party this time and got it this morning. I can't wait to get my "chores" done today so I can watch it tonight!! Woohoo!!!!

103 DAYS LEFT UNTIL Eclipse!!!!!!!

I'm trying to decide if I want to go to Florida around the release date so I can go to the midnight showing with the sister, SIL and good friend. I enjoyed the midnight showing last time but I went with a group of girls I don't know well and the two girls I knew the best will both have babies by June so they won't go to the midnight showing. Decisions decisions!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#14 of 177 Old 03-20-2010, 06:38 PM

I have my copy of New Moon! I got the 2 disc set, too. I'll shut myself in the bedroom later and watch it on my computer.

If I try to watch it out in the living room, dh and the boys will come around and make snarky comments and talk through it. Kinda ruins it, ya know.

#15 of 177 Old 03-20-2010, 08:20 PM

Totally excited for Eclipse here. Getting ready to watch New Moon in a few. A nice Anniversary gift from dh if I do say so myself
#16 of 177 Old 03-20-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybutterfly View Post
If I try to watch it out in the living room, dh and the boys will come around and make snarky comments and talk through it. Kinda ruins it, ya know.

I told DH I was going to watch it on the laptop and he said "I'll watch it with you. I mean, I've watched tons of crappy girly movies with you before!" Yeah, that's WHY I want to watch it by myself!!!!

I just wonder how many times I can watch it before he starts making fun of me!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#17 of 177 Old 03-20-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybutterfly View Post
I have my copy of New Moon! I got the 2 disc set, too. I'll shut myself in the bedroom later and watch it on my computer.

My husband watched Twilight with me last night for the first time, then went with me today to pick up New Moon and watched it with me too. I'm not a big fan of the movies. They leave too much stuff out and change things that are unnecessary IMO. DH was funny, he said he can always tell when the movies diverges from the book when we are watching by the way I react. And I was trying to be good because he hadn't seen them or read the books. I didn't see either of these in the theater, but I do want to see Eclipse there because the last 2 were my favorite of the books.

I was really disappointed in how they handled the Volturi in the movie and how much they have reduced Alice's part.
#18 of 177 Old 03-21-2010, 01:15 AM

I'm DYING to see Eclipse. DYING. Like, I'm pretty sure I would pay $1,000 if I could watch Eclipse & Breaking Dawn tonight. Really, no adult person should be this excited about a movie series.
#19 of 177 Old 03-21-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becoming View Post
I'm DYING to see Eclipse. DYING. Like, I'm pretty sure I would pay $1,000 if I could watch Eclipse & Breaking Dawn tonight. Really, no adult person should be this excited about a movie series.
Me too!!! I love the complexity of Eclipse and how Bella has to sort through her feelings between Jacob and Edward and how they all mature. It's a fabulous book!!!

I'm wary about Breaking Dawn. The second movie was a HUGE improvment over the first one but it's going to take A LOT of work and fabulous special effects for BD to be what it needs to be!!

#20 of 177 Old 03-21-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post

My husband watched Twilight with me last night for the first time, then went with me today to pick up New Moon and watched it with me too. I'm not a big fan of the movies. They leave too much stuff out and change things that are unnecessary IMO. DH was funny, he said he can always tell when the movies diverges from the book when we are watching by the way I react. And I was trying to be good because he hadn't seen them or read the books. I didn't see either of these in the theater, but I do want to see Eclipse there because the last 2 were my favorite of the books.

I was really disappointed in how they handled the Volturi in the movie and how much they have reduced Alice's part.
I'm always disappointed in a movie adaptation the first time I see it then if I look closer I can find things I like. I loved Aro. I felt like they portrayed the civility/harshness/madness well. I didn't feel like they explained the deep connection between Jacob and Bella. Some of the wigs were just absurd. But overall I loved New Moon. It was much better than Twilight!!

#21 of 177 Old 03-21-2010, 10:55 PM

I've watched it twice since yesterday. It just gets better every time I watch it!

#22 of 177 Old 03-22-2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
I'm always disappointed in a movie adaptation the first time I see it then if I look closer I can find things I like. I loved Aro. I felt like they portrayed the civility/harshness/madness well. I didn't feel like they explained the deep connection between Jacob and Bella. Some of the wigs were just absurd. But overall I loved New Moon. It was much better than Twilight!!
My main complaint is the way they made them look.
#23 of 177 Old 03-22-2010, 09:52 AM

I ordered it on MOD yesterday morning when I realized it was released the same day as on DVD. I watched Twilight when it came out on DVD, and thought it was good, though Stewart drives me BONKERS in it. I think she did MUCH better in New Moon, but still has a ways to go. My husband actually sat with me and watched it from about 1/4 of the way in (He didnt know I "ordered" it, and really is not a movie person at all, therefore doesnt know about the frenzy behind it) He was actually asking questions and seemed genuinly interested. I had to keep myself from DROOLING at Taylor L a few times. YOWZA!

I have a couple of problems with the storyline though, and since I didnt read the books, maybe I am just missing something.

The Voulturi (sp?) were impressed with Bellas immunity to their powers, HOWEVER, it would appear she wasnt immune to Jaspers "mood changing abilities" in the begining of the movie, or Alice's ability to see the future of the choices Bella has made (i.e. she has already choosen to become a vampire, therefore Alice saw her as one).

Is this a discrepancy from book to movie, a blip they were hoping no one would notice, or is it actually addressed later?
#24 of 177 Old 03-22-2010, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

days

left

and

anxiously

counting

down!!!

My kid was screaming at me to come in the living room last night. I seriously thought he'd cut his arm off or something.
I get in there and he says, "LOOK!!!! EDWARD IS IN HARRY POTTER!!!!! I KNEW YOU'D WANT TO SEE HIM!!!"

Center
#25 of 177 Old 03-22-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post

I have a couple of problems with the storyline though, and since I didnt read the books, maybe I am just missing something.

The Voulturi (sp?) were impressed with Bellas immunity to their powers, HOWEVER, it would appear she wasnt immune to Jaspers "mood changing abilities" in the begining of the movie, or Alice's ability to see the future of the choices Bella has made (i.e. she has already choosen to become a vampire, therefore Alice saw her as one).

Is this a discrepancy from book to movie, a blip they were hoping no one would notice, or is it actually addressed later?
Is it something that addressed fully later. I can explain it if you like but I don't want to spoilt anything if you don't want to know!

#26 of 177 Old 03-22-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
Is it something that addressed fully later. I can explain it if you like but I don't want to spoilt anything if you don't want to know!

Sure, PM me if you don't want to spoil it for anyone else either. Thanks!
#27 of 177 Old 03-22-2010, 01:16 PM

Thanks for the hug Ard. Dh went with me to the theater to see it and was fine with it, but once I start watching at home, it's like a nonstop commentary from all three of them, dh, ds#1 and ds#2.

I've gotten to watch it twice now.

I really try to keep the books separate from the movies as much as I can, so I can enjoy both for what they are. Same thing with LOTRs and the HP movies. It's like the movies are "inspired" by the books, they never get all the detail and nuance, but they are still so much fun.

I agree some of the wigs were awful and distracting. I thought Jacob's wig was better in NM, though. Rosalie and Alice's wigs were really bad.

Everytime I watch the scene in Emily's kitchen I get hungry for a muffin.

Oh, and I LOVE her earrings.

#28 of 177 Old 03-22-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
My main complaint is the way they made them look.
Rosalie's wig was THE WORST. So awful. Jasper's was pretty bad too. I thought Alice, Bella and Jacob had decent "fake" hair this time!

#29 of 177 Old 03-22-2010, 02:07 PM

Why has no one mentioned Carlise's hair? Because its AWFUL!

And anyone else notice Bella had alot more color in her face this time around? In Twilight, she was just as pale as the vamps. This time, she was in between the weres and the vamps. And I will say it again, Stewarts acting was so much better this time around. All her twitching and awkward hair-through-the-fingers routine was getting ridiculous in twilight.
#30 of 177 Old 03-22-2010, 04:42 PM

OMG the wigs and makeup were horrible in NM. I thought the makeup was much better in Twilight. The Eclipse making-of and whole scene on the ultimate fan edition from Walmart was well worth it! I really think they will do a good job with Eclipse! I know I'll miss Rachelle Lefevre as Victoria, though. It also came with a second dvd of a documentary of Forks and how it's changed since Twilight. It really made me want to visit on Sept 13th (Stephanie Meyer Day).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page