Book Series - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2010, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love reading a book series. I love being about to delve into thousands of pages with the same characters, a rich backstory, and complicated story lines. Mmmmmm..... But I need some new suggestions.

I just finished re-reading Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire series and I want to get into another series so badly I am tempted to re-read Harry Potter for the umpteenth time. Instead I went to the library to get a couple of stand-alone novels until I can find another good series.

So what are your favourites, and why?

Wife to DH (06/10) and Mummy to DD (07/08).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 05:17 PM

I started a thread like this a while ago and Mamas on this forum gave me great suggestions!
If you liked Sookie Stackhouse you might like The Mercedes Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/b/patricia-briggs/
I did not like the first one is called Moon Called as much as the next ones, Blood Bound and Iron Kissed which I really enjoyed.
My favourite is the Newford Series by Charles De Lint.
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/d/charles-de-lint/
Old 04-11-2010, 10:18 PM

I love the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I tried to read it years ago and never got past the first chapter or 2. I'm so glad I gave it another shot. It is one of my favorite reads EVER. I now have my best friend totally hooked and she's got her mom hooked too. But beware, the series isn't finished yet and the wait between books can be a little lengthy (3-4 years).

User Tag List