Toy Story 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-12-2010, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The third and final movie will be out next month! It's a definite must-watch for me - Toy Story was one of my all-time favorite movies. Who else is excited to see it in June???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2010, 07:19 PM

We are! I don't remember what day it's coming out but my younger son will be 4 next month so we're hoping to take him to the theater for his bday.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Gal

I can't wait to take DD!

Mum to Gila(6)
Old 05-13-2010, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
We are! I don't remember what day it's coming out but my younger son will be 4 next month so we're hoping to take him to the theater for his bday.
It's out on June 18th So just about a month....although, I read from an earlier screening that, of course, Pixar doesn't disappoint.

Have you seen all the new toy characters that will be in the movie? Any in particular you are looking forward to? Personally, I think that the pink bear (Lots-o Huggin is his name) and the hedgehog (Mr. Pricklepants) look especially cute!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:02 PM

We can't wait.Dd will be 12 on June 19th so my mom is taking us to IMAX to see it on her bday.

Student mama to one awesome,talented and unique dd,15 and one amazing, sweet and strong ds,12(born with heart defect Tetralogy of Fallot,also on the autism spectrum),9 cats,and 2 gerbils.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Oh wow - what a nice treat! Can't believe it's only a month away - hopefully the next few weeks go by quickly! I'm so excited - I keep seeing really cute previews for it, including this one featuring Rex & Hamm, who are two of my old favorites.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:28 PM

Toy Story was the first movie my dd ever saw in a theater . I can't wait to make her go see it with me!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

3 weeks away!!! Saw a new tv commercial - makes me so nostalgic. I'm pretty excited to see it in 3D- TS/TS2 double feature in 3D looked cool, so I imagine this will look even better!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know this is an old thread, but I'm curious about how this went over w/little kids? i heard it's scarier than the other two...

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:20 PM

We just came back from it. It is a little more intense and has a more compicated plot. A lot went over my almost 4 yo's head, but he still enjoyed it. He tends to not shy away from scary though. My 9yo laughed hard as well as my husband and me. We all also cried hard too! Ugh! Still an emotional wreck from it, but totally worth it!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
15y.o. Dd saw it with a bunch of high school friends, including seniors. She loved it and said it was very sweet and sad at the end, and even the seniors cried (Andy goes off to college, I think).

Edited to add,

<------- ahhhh! Evil post count!

Someone moved my effing cheese.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:38 AM

Juvysen, my DD is 4 and my DS is 6. They both enjoyed it, but there is one part that DS and I both thought was really, really tense.

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
The part where they're sliding down the garbage mound into the incinerator had both me and DS quite upset.

That said, we all did really enjoy it. I was so skeptical that they were doing a third one, but I think they did a really fabulous job of wrapping everything up.
-e

Momma to 8 y.o. DS and 5 y.o. DD. Married to a Maker!

Old 06-28-2010, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hmm... my kids tend to be really sensitive to that kind of thing, which is fine if they can then watch it a lot and process it, but I wonder how they'd handle it if they couldn't. maybe I'll wait til it comes out on video.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:59 AM

My oldest DS is leaving home in two weeks for basic training (4 days before his 18th bday!) The first Toy Story was his very favorite movie when he was small. So yeah, I pretty much cried the entire movie! Very emotional. But very very good!

I took my 4yo to see it also. Some of it was pretty scary, but not too scary for him. He really enjoyed it.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:49 AM
Banned

I took my friend's six-year-old little girl to see it earlier today. She didn't get scared at all, although the ending made me cry like a baby. It was so, so good.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:58 PM

Man, the whole theater was sniffling when I went.

I thought it was awesome...I love all the Toy Story movies. They all really hit me with the nostalgia in them.

My 5.8 yo enjoyed it...really loved the whole Mr. Potatoe Head part. He didn't think it was scary at all, but this is a kid that loves all those ghost hunter tv shows too, so take that for what it's worth.

"Excellent" review from us!!

Center
Old 07-11-2010, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
We took our 4.5 year old to see TS in the theater yesterday. It was pretty intense and kids behind us were crying. I don't know if I'd take a sensitive child to see this one.

User Tag List