Any rockabilly mamas out there? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-25-2010, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I am really into the rockabilly look and the old rockabilly/new psychobilly music. (My favorite being Elvis!) I love the whole look, and love to wear vintage 30s, 40s, and 50s dresses, halter tops, capris, ect. I love doing my hair with the victory rolls and curled bangs. I always get compliments on my look, because I dont notice too many other mamas dressing like me.

Anyone else into the rockabilly lifestyle?

One more thing....I love the old movies from the 30s-50s. The old moviestars were so glamourous!

dd 8, ds 6, ds 4,: (12/08), ds 1, me and dh:yawning Simplifying my life one day at a time! 925/2010
#2 of 5 Old 07-13-2010, 08:37 AM

I'm just seeing this for the first time, I'm a rockabilly mama! I'm into a lot of the newer psychobilly stuff, but definitely love the classic Reverend Horton Heat as well as the older rockabilly as well.

I love vintage clothes, and am working to look good in my pre-baby vintage stuff again! I've always had short hair, and I'm currently growing it out and would LOVE to know if you have any tips on styling. I'm a couple inches away from cutting my bangs in Bettie Page style, but I want to learn how to do the rolls and curls too! (So maybe I shouldn't cut the bangs just yet?)

Anyway, good to find you!!

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#3 of 5 Old 07-14-2010, 11:58 AM

I'm more into the goth/electronic scene musically, but I love the vintage style that I see a lot of the cute rockabilly girls wearing. Now that I'm getting older ("older" at 26, haha) I'm more into the vintage glamour look with a gothy influence instead of the ripped up fishnets and kind of trashy stuff I wore as a teen, LOL. I love, love, love how sexy and classy vintage film stars were.

I have a chin length bob (well, I need a trim, it is a little grown out), but I'd love some heavy bangs...hot hot hot. I've done the Bettie Page hair before, and that's really hot too! Such a fun style.

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#4 of 5 Old 07-15-2010, 10:21 AM

hello mamas.

i have moved this to the books, music, and other media.

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#5 of 5 Old 07-17-2010, 04:37 PM

I feel like I'm too old and chubby to pull off the rockabilly mama look (I'm 37). But, my husband's band (they refer to themselves as "psycho-swing" at this point) plays with a lot of psychobilly bands, and they're really great. And of course, gotta love the Reverend!!!

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page