The new Deathly Hallows trailer came out 17 minutes ago... - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 71 Old 11-17-2010, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Please help a clueless mother out.  I am taking my oldest ds tomorrow night to the midnight (actually it is the 12:10) showing.  We have our tickets, what time do we need to go to wait in line for good seats?  We went to a midnight showing years ago but I can't remember when we went and I don't want to go SUPER early. 

I feel so old.

#62 of 71 Old 11-17-2010, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I would say at least an hour early.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#63 of 71 Old 11-18-2010, 06:23 AM

I'd call the theater and ask if they'll honor your tickets or if they're just hearding people into the theaters in lines. I've seen it both ways. We went to a midnight showing where people were MEAN about getting seats. It was crazy. The best seats WILL get taken first so if that makes a difference to you then you might want to go earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornery View Post

Please help a clueless mother out.  I am taking my oldest ds tomorrow night to the midnight (actually it is the 12:10) showing.  We have our tickets, what time do we need to go to wait in line for good seats?  We went to a midnight showing years ago but I can't remember when we went and I don't want to go SUPER early. 

I feel so old.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#64 of 71 Old 11-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Banned

Just made the decision to go to the midnight showing tonight.  Hubby will be staying home with the kids so it'll just be me going after work tonight.  So excited!!  Though it'll be interesting to see just how much I'll be dragging tomorrow during my youngest's field  trip to the fish hatchery.  Especially since I am so not a night owl!

#65 of 71 Old 11-18-2010, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hurrah for thrift shops!!  Got a 'Ravenclaw' neck tie (blue and brown diagonal stripes) for the daughter, for $2.25.  Got a white button-down dress shirt for $4.50,  for the son to wear with the Gryffindor neck tie he already has.  *polishes fingernails proudly* All last minute. We didn't have any plans to dress up for tonight, but now the kids are set. I'll wear my official Harry Potter shirt that I've been wearing since 2000. 

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#66 of 71 Old 11-18-2010, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Annette, will you be starting a fresh thread for the movie???

I think you should. It would be all neat and tidy that way.

How about spoilers?  I vote we not have a spoiler ban.  If you haven't seen the movie and don't want to be spoiled, don't look!  Just my two cents.  thumb.gif

[slaps forehead]  I don't know why I'm ask Annettemarie to do this! Lol!  Oh dear, getting silly.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#67 of 71 Old 11-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Banned

Also excited that I actually have a shirt to wear!  I'll be wearing my Gryffindor shirt that I picked up at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter over a yellow thermal shirt.  And since we may be going Sat. as well I might wear the Hogwarts shirt I also picked up at WWoHP, or I'll wear my Gryffindor shirt again, we'll see.  Can't believe how excited I am to see this movie, LOL!!

#68 of 71 Old 11-18-2010, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

I think someone (not me, LOL!) should start a new thread and put "spoilers inside" in the title so people who have seen the movie can discuss it. I've always thought spoiler bans were kind of silly, and people could just not open the thread, but if someone wants to start a counter-thread that's spoiler-free, that's fine too. I'm flexible. (Well, not literally, but you know what I mean, LOL!)

I was actually thinking "Hey, I could go at midnight!" But I know that would be silly. My BP was good today so my midwife gave me her permission to go twice tomorrow. Not that I was asking for it, mind you...

Do you think it would be weird if I brought a pillow to the movie? We went to Michael's concert tonight and my back is killing me.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#69 of 71 Old 11-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Banned

Annettemarie, I think people who are very pregnant with twins can bring anything they damn well please to the movie, and if anyone thinks that's weird they should keep it to themselves. 

I got myself a Dumbledore's Army t-shirt today, because the Hot Topic near me was all out of Ravenclaw shirts.

#70 of 71 Old 11-18-2010, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Going to see it tomorrow for a friend's birthday. I sort of wanted to see it at midnight, but the friend who usually goes with me to such occasions is also the cinema's projectionist and had to run the session. Poor girl, I bet she was peeking very briefly to check the focus without giving herself spoilers and then trying not to listen to the dialogue! It's a tough life working in projection sometimes. :p Also, I'm in my first trimester and have a cold... a midnight showing would probably have knocked me out flat for a week. Oh well.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#71 of 71 Old 11-19-2010, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

I saw it at 10 AM and it was awesomesauce! I would like to thank the babies for cooperating. :D

journeymom likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page