The film Remember Me - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 07-22-2010, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone seen the film Remember Me, recently released on dvd? Did you like or not like it?
#2 of 19 Old 07-22-2010, 08:38 PM

I liked it,but it wasn't what I expected at all.I don't want to ruin it for you so I won't go into details.It was worth the $1 I spent to rent it,but I won't buy it.

Student mama to one awesome,talented and unique dd,15 and one amazing, sweet and strong ds,12(born with heart defect Tetralogy of Fallot,also on the autism spectrum),9 cats,and 2 gerbils.
#3 of 19 Old 07-22-2010, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
It was OK. I felt like it was missing something. And I did see the end coming.

I would say rent it.
#4 of 19 Old 07-23-2010, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, I've already seen it. I liked it. A lot. Just not the ending.
#5 of 19 Old 07-23-2010, 11:25 AM

It was ok. It wasn't anything spectacular and I'm so not a fan of Robert Pattinson. I think I mostly watched it see if I'd like him better when he wasn't Edward. I didn't.

I did see the end coming, sort of. I knew what big event would come into play but not who would be involved.
#6 of 19 Old 07-23-2010, 12:06 PM

I saw it....big fan of RP and wasn't expecting the ending (guess I'm not as perceptive and I thought )....I liked it.

It does seem like it's missing that extra "umpf" that most blockbusters have, but it was good for what it was.
RP was much better I was expecting though. I was skeptical about him pulling off a serious non-twilight role, but I think they all underplayed things just enough for the subject matter.

...and it was worth renting for $1.

Center
#7 of 19 Old 07-23-2010, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappilyEvrAfter View Post
I saw it....big fan of RP and wasn't expecting the ending (guess I'm not as perceptive and I thought )....I liked it.

It does seem like it's missing that extra "umpf" that most blockbusters have, but it was good for what it was.
RP was much better I was expecting though. I was skeptical about him pulling off a serious non-twilight role, but I think they all underplayed things just enough for the subject matter.

...and it was worth renting for $1.
Yeah, I like RP, too. I want to get his Dali film to see how far his range goes. And am looking forward to seeing him in Water for Elephants.
#8 of 19 Old 07-25-2010, 01:24 PM

I started watching Remember Me, but I've heard about the ending and after what I saw in the beginning, I couldn't bear to watch it.

I like Robert Pattinson, personally. That Is Nice, I watched Little Ashes and loved it. I wish I could get a copy of How To Be. I think it looks interesting.
#9 of 19 Old 07-31-2010, 02:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I saw it in the theater, knowing nothing about it. At the time I was totally unfamiliar with Twilight* (just knew that Robert Pattinson was the guy from that Vampire movie). I loved most of it. I thought the love story between the two main characters, unfolded beautifully. I loved the relationship between Tyler and his sister. I really thought the characters were all great. I was however shocked at the end, and frankly felt kind of betrayed. I was really upset and couldn't get the story out of my head. It left me kind of depressed for almost a week. However I put it on my netflix queue and watched it again when it came out on DVD and decided I wanted to own it. Once I knew the ending was coming and it wasn't a shock, it was much easier for me to just enjoy the movie in the moment. Part of me still wants to turn the movie off 10 minutes before the end and just imagine that the story ends there, but I can enjoy the ending for what it is as well.

Susana -- How to Be is available on Netflix and an instant watch movie. I tried watching it but I couldn't get into it.

*At the time I also was not familiar with Emilie de Ravin and had not seen a single episode of LOST either. Somehow I became very interested in both LOST and then Twilight after I saw the movie, though it had nothing to do with seeing Remember Me at all. In fact it was only after having watched all six seasons of LOST (got a bit obsessive and watched everything in about a month) and then watching Twilight and New Moon on DVD, then getting a bit obsessed and finished all the books in a week, that I even noticed that these two things were connected through the stars of this Remember Me.

Jennifer, mama to darling dancing Juliette, and sweet baby Jameson
#10 of 19 Old 07-31-2010, 01:49 PM

I knew the ending before watching it. So, during the entire movie, I was waiting for that ending. The character development wasn't good, in my opinion. To me, it seemed like some needed scenes were left on the cutting room floor.

Remember Me is rather forgettable to me. :P
#11 of 19 Old 08-02-2010, 01:41 PM

It was very blah, IMO.

I don't like Robert Pattinson at all, but I LOVE Emilie deRavin, so I was kind of disappointed. It was worth $1 from Redbox, but not something I think I'll ever watch again.

Proud Anti-Adoption, Atheist, Reproductive-Freedom Fighter Mama
Rylie is 7, Ronin is 3.5
#12 of 19 Old 08-05-2010, 05:05 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I liked it quite a bit and knew nothing about the ending and all I knew about RP was he is the Twilight guy. It's worth renting, I got it on pay-per-view and felt it was worth the 5.00

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

#13 of 19 Old 08-10-2010, 03:25 PM

The ending shocked me, but I agree with other posters that it had some deficiencies, especially in the script.
IMHO I also thought it a bit strange/funny that all the protagonists are native speakers (of English) but lack true American accents.

My family = me + dh & ds +
#14 of 19 Old 08-10-2010, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linchi View Post
The ending shocked me, but I agree with other posters that it had some deficiencies, especially in the script.
IMHO I also thought it a bit strange/funny that all the protagonists are native speakers (of English) but lack true American accents.
The male and female leads are from Britain and Australia, respectively.
#15 of 19 Old 08-10-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Is Nice View Post
The male and female leads are from Britain and Australia, respectively.
Ya I know, neither is the other big name, Pierce Brosnan. Considering the theme of the movie I thought American actors might deliver more. I really liked the acting, but the writing had some issues.

My family = me + dh & ds +
#16 of 19 Old 08-10-2010, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linchi View Post
Ya I know, neither is the other big name, Pierce Brosnan. Considering the theme of the movie I thought American actors might deliver more. I really liked the acting, but the writing had some issues.
He, he. I think Pierce Bronsnan was trying to do an accent. That's what it said in the commentary. He was going for a Brooklyn accent.
#17 of 19 Old 08-13-2010, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Hey! Is that Martha Plimpton in the first scene???? The mother?

Martha Plimpton the girl that was in all the movies w/River Phoenx???

Anyone know?
#18 of 19 Old 08-21-2010, 02:20 PM

It was Martha Plimpton.
#19 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 05:57 PM

We didn't like it at all. And we aren't RP fans at all.

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page