Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2010, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magelet View Post

Quote:
Yes, you read that right.  I am a paranormal-romance-aholic and I turn my nose up at chick lit.  LOL!

me too. I love paranormal romance, but no way on chick lit. (or even regular romance. I like my romance filled with bad-a** female protagonists, magic, vamps, werewolves, and more.  I was reading a lot of laurell k. hamiliton about a month back. I read kelly armstrong, and while I liked it, it wasn't very "romancy" compared to the anita blake books. I particularly like many (but not all) of the later anita blake books. bag.gif.   (btw, any suggustions for other paranormal romance with tough female protagonists?  I really didn't like the sookie stackhouse books.)

The past week I've mostly been reading jewish books. (I just converted, and I bought about 8 books at the book sale at synogogue)

It's been hard to get to the library so I haven't been reading as many new books lately.

I just finished Jeanine Frost's Night Huntress series, and the female protagonist is really kick-a**.  She is the world's only half-vampire half-human and is out to rid the world of vampires.  She has a run in with a much stronger vampire who trains her into a lean, mean fighting machine and of course romance ensues.  There are four books and they all follow the same couple. 

Wife to DH (06/10) and Mummy to DD (07/08).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBirdie View Post

So I started the book On Paradise Drive by  David Brooks, the one who wrote Bobos in Paradise (another clever book).  It has me rofl.  Have any of you read either of his books.  It is satire about current day American middle class culture. 

Haven't read them but just put both on my reading list.  Some of the comments in the review section already had me laughing.

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
Old 12-01-2010, 10:05 PM

I did like the first mercedes thompson book quite a bit, and have meant to check out the next one.

I'll have to check out the night huntress series. thanks.

Caroline, partner to J, post partum doula, kitchen manager, aspiring midwife, soon to be nursing student, mama to my furbaby, someday a mama to not so furry munchkins, G-d willing

User Tag List