Any recommendations for MP3 players and audio books for kids? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-15-2010, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 7 year old loves books on tape and I think I would prefer an mp3 player to lugging our huge CD player around. Anyway, about how much should I pay for a decent one that only plays audio? Any good sites for free or cheap books? I have no idea how these things work.
#2 of 5 Old 09-16-2010, 02:54 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Check out a similar thread in the Childhood Years:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1262555

iTunes and audible.com have lots of audiobooks. Libraries are a good source too.

The ebook readers (Kindle etc.) may be an option too, if you are looking for reading vs. listening.
#3 of 5 Old 09-16-2010, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!
#4 of 5 Old 09-16-2010, 09:38 PM

I love my Sansa Fuze. You can get a refurbished 8G model for around $50 or so. Dh also has one. The Fuze is also expandable with memory cards, which is awesome.
#5 of 5 Old 09-17-2010, 02:55 PM

My nine-year-old saved up her own money and bought a Coby mp3 player for $25. I'm really impressed with it -- color screen, the software is easy to use, and the sound quality is great.

emusic.com has ebooks as well as music, and you can sign up for a free trial (it's based on membership rather htan individual purchases, you buy items with your monthly credits). they have a LOT of titles, including tons of children's classics -- I don't know how good the readers are, though. Her Coby player came with 35 points for free eMusic downloads and a free audiobook, but she hasn't used them yet.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page