Any World of Warcraft knowledgable mamas out there? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-09-2010, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH's birthday is in a couple of weeks, and I wanted to purchase a long-term subscription to WoW for him as a gift.

When he plays now, he buys the 60-day cards at Target for $30.

I was hoping to buy a year-long subscription for him instead. IS that possible? How could I do this? Especially since I have NO CLUE what his user name / account info is.

Can anyone point me in a direction?

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

#2 of 4 Old 10-10-2010, 12:17 AM

The only GCs I've seen are for 60 days. I'm not sure there are any others. But you can just get him several GCs and he can use them to pay for his account. You don't need his account info to purchase the cards.

Proud Catholic, homeschooling, RN-student mama of
DS 10 reading.gif  DS 8 fencing.gif DS 5, DD 3 energy.gif and a new DS  belly.gif 3/2011
#3 of 4 Old 10-11-2010, 01:10 AM

You want to gift the subscription for a year? You could give him a home made gift certificate letting him know you are gifting him the one year sub and then let him make the payment on his account. Or include a check for him to spend on it. But without knowing his account info the store gift cards would be the only way. I wouldn't do that though, because the longer to pay for in advance, the cheaper the price. WoW does accept paypal as payment, if you have an account with them and also debit and credit cards but that is all done on their website in account management.

By the way, the new expansion called Cataclysm is being released 12/7 so you could always give him that.
#4 of 4 Old 10-11-2010, 01:53 AM

My DH is a big WoW guy. And he says yes, you can buy a 1yr subscription. But you would need to know his username/password. As you sign on, you have the option to buy additional time....

You could always ask him to show you how to set up an account, then just make a mental note of his ID/PW? Then, later, login & buy his 1 yr sub. Have your cc or debit card ready.

HTH.

Happily-married, bfinfant.gifing, cd.gifing mother-of-FIVE (G18, G16, B9, B2, Bnb) Supermom!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page