What was the last movie you saw in the theater??? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 11-08-2010, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I rarely get to a theatre. Most films aren't worth the expense or effort. I think the last time I was there, it was to see Avatar in 3D. I can't recall the one before it.
#32 of 51 Old 11-08-2010, 11:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw the latest Saw movie in 3D on Saturday. I really enjoyed it but the 3D part was a waste of money.
#33 of 51 Old 11-10-2010, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Eugh, I hate 3D. Gives me a headache. And I've NEVER seen a film in which it actually enhanced the story... it's always been 95% distracting and 5% obvious that the director chose a shot just so you could have a butterfly flapping past your face or an arrow whizzing by your eye or something.

Also, watching Saw in 3D would probably send me to an institution. orngtongue.gif

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#34 of 51 Old 11-10-2010, 01:07 PM

I don't go to the movies much but always do for HP.  I will be seeing the new HP this month and am looking forward to it.  

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

#35 of 51 Old 11-11-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Eugh, I hate 3D. Gives me a headache. And I've NEVER seen a film in which it actually enhanced the story... it's always been 95% distracting and 5% obvious that the director chose a shot just so you could have a butterfly flapping past your face or an arrow whizzing by your eye or something.

Also, watching Saw in 3D would probably send me to an institution. orngtongue.gif

LOL. The 3D part was so unnecessary. I went to the theatre by myself and it cost $15.50. When the cashier told me how much the ticket was I wanted to turn back around but I rarely do stuff on my own and considered it a treat.

There was only two other people in the theatre. A couple...I wanted so badly to say, "can I please sit between the two of you. I'm scared."

#36 of 51 Old 11-11-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post

Toy Story 3. The whole family went.

I'll be taking ds1 (or he'll be taking me) to see Deathly Hallows, I think.

Same here, Toy Story  3.  It was the last thing I did with my oldest, just the two of us, before the new baby.  That and the zoo.

Heathyr hang.gifBlessed Catholic Wife to DHwheelchair.gif Devoted Mama to DS1 biglaugh.gif(3/17/08) and DS2blowkiss.gif (8/5/2010)familybed1.gifcd.giflactivist.gifribboncesarean.gifx2 
#37 of 51 Old 11-12-2010, 07:19 AM

Just saw Megamind.  Very cute and funny.  Next I will see Tangled, Narnia, and HP.  I never see adult movies in the theaters. 

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
Mark Twain
#38 of 51 Old 11-14-2010, 04:06 PM

Pirates of the Caribbean: At world's end. About 3 years ago.   We do borrow movies from our library, but do not do redbox, nexflix or anything like that.

oAlisha- eternal companion to mike:, mother to three energetic boys (02):, (05), and (07) and one sweet little girl 3/13.  Two in heaven.7/21/2010, 11/05/2011 mecry.gif.

#39 of 51 Old 11-17-2010, 10:39 AM

Toy Story 3, which I really enjoyed smile.gif

#40 of 51 Old 12-01-2010, 02:23 PM

Sherlock Holmes while I was pregnant. Man, it's been almost a year since we went to a movie!

E, wife to D, mommy to G (born March 2010). joy.gif

#41 of 51 Old 12-01-2010, 04:32 PM

Megamind--with my dd! And we only had to leave once cause she needed the potty! 

#42 of 51 Old 12-03-2010, 04:53 AM

I watched the Harry Potter at the Odeon It really great. Much better than the others one.... I can't wait till next year...

#43 of 51 Old 12-03-2010, 05:12 AM

We did out first family movie last week.  We saw Tangled.  DH and DS1 loved it.  I thought it was pretty good and DS2 was entertained for 90% of the movie.  I had to take him out for a potty break during one of slower scenes. 

mama to   broc1.gif DS 6/06 and banana.gif DS 4/08
#44 of 51 Old 12-03-2010, 05:30 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Mother and child, with Watts and Bening

VERY moving & having someone in my family who was adopted and tried but couldn't quite get in touch with birth parents ... I found it very full of truth in quite a variety of aspects ...

#45 of 51 Old 12-03-2010, 05:32 AM

VERY moving & having someone in my family who was adopted and tried but couldn't quite get in touch with birth parents ... I found it very full of truth in quite a variety of aspects ...

#46 of 51 Old 12-06-2010, 12:45 AM

Well, the last one I saw in the theater with DH was "Titanic," and it was on DS#1's due date (we thought maybe all that water sloshing around would inspire my water to break).  I missed half the movie, waddling to the bathroom.  (And no, labor didn't start for another two weeks.  LOL)

The last one I saw in the theater altogether was two years later, almost eleven years ago, when DD#1 was a newborn.  I was very emotional and needed a good cry.  So DH took the bigger one to the park while I walked to the ginormous multiplex on the next block and asked the woman in the ticket window if they had a tearjerker because I needed a good cry.  She smiled and said something in Spanish and sent me off to this movie where David Duchovny's beloved wife dies, and then in some other part of town another woman gets his beloved's wife's heart in a transplant because she's got heart problems or some such, and then David Duchovny meets her and they fall in love and then he finds out she has the wife's heart ... an awful, awful movie, but probably the most perfect movie she could've sent me to.  I sat there and nursed my newborn and bawled my eyes out.  No clue what the thing was called, no interest in looking it up or ever seeing it again, but it surely served its purpose.

Until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."

#47 of 51 Old 12-06-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merpk View Post

Well, the last one I saw in the theater with DH was "Titanic," and it was on DS#1's due date (we thought maybe all that water sloshing around would inspire my water to break).  I missed half the movie, waddling to the bathroom.  (And no, labor didn't start for another two weeks.  LOL)

The last one I saw in the theater altogether was two years later, almost eleven years ago, when DD#1 was a newborn.  I was very emotional and needed a good cry.  So DH took the bigger one to the park while I walked to the ginormous multiplex on the next block and asked the woman in the ticket window if they had a tearjerker because I needed a good cry.  She smiled and said something in Spanish and sent me off to this movie where David Duchovny's beloved wife dies, and then in some other part of town another woman gets his beloved's wife's heart in a transplant because she's got heart problems or some such, and then David Duchovny meets her and they fall in love and then he finds out she has the wife's heart ... an awful, awful movie, but probably the most perfect movie she could've sent me to.  I sat there and nursed my newborn and bawled my eyes out.  No clue what the thing was called, no interest in looking it up or ever seeing it again, but it surely served its purpose.

Until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."

Aw, I liked that movie. Of course, dh's aunt looked a lot like the main actress and had a couple of transplants so there was more of a personal connection. And I got it free from the library, it's amazing how much that improves some movies.

#48 of 51 Old 12-06-2010, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:

I'm glad to see someone else has seen this! I loved it! And it felt very emotionally true to me, from what I've read on adoption forums and such - but having had no actual experience on either side of the fence, I wasn't sure if I was just imagining it. :p

I had two favourite moments, both involving awesome Black mothers. :) The first was the mother of the young birthmom, and the conversation they had in the clothing shop. The love in her eyes when she said "I didn't want you" just reduced me to tears. The second was the furious telling-off the adoptive mother's mother gave her when she was panicking with her newborn and wanting to give her back. It was just... so scathing,  but so inspiring at the same time.

I wasn't so keen on Naomi Watts' character, but the ending to the film was just perfect. I really, really liked it. (And I saw it when we'd just found out I was pregnant with DD2, which made it all the poignant - although I'm not sure why!)

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#49 of 51 Old 12-08-2010, 12:24 AM

Smokering .... all you said, yes ....

+ I was wondering at times which were the bits they had filmed initially and cut out althogether at the final stage

for exemple I was hoping there would be a bit more with the blind girl ...

true about the Naomi Watts' character ... at several moments I just sat there with my mouth open, just so surprised ....

+ some fun moments, for exemple when she introduces her boss as her father & the explanation she gives him a few minutes later ....

+ some scary moments, like the undewear scene (what happened after that ? surely they must have cut one scene at least there ????)

#50 of 51 Old 12-10-2010, 12:06 PM

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

May go to see Narnia tomorrow.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#51 of 51 Old 12-12-2010, 12:37 PM

My sister C and I took our daughters (who are three weeks apart in age) to see Tangled. C and I do not have a lot in common so this was special for me. We all liked it. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page