Does anyone have a PS3 at their home? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-25-2010, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would like to get some feedback on whether purchasing a PS3 for Christmas is worth it this year? My children really want this new game out which is similar to the Wii called The Move, but to get it I have to purchase a PS3 which is very expensive, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2010, 07:54 AM

I have PS3 at my place. My DH always loved PlayStation, so of course there was no other option for us but to get one ;)

I have to admit it's fun to play. The graphics are great and there are some games that we play together. I'm not that much into games though, so not much more i can tell You.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you very much for your feedback..I found a pretty good bundle deal for $399 for a PS3 and the move ;-)

Old 11-27-2010, 12:55 PM

We love our PS3 but it's used almost exclusively for watching blu ray movies. We game on other consoles and the computer.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:11 PM

ours is used to watch netflix because it is one of the streaming devices!

I like it well enough. its really DHs but he doeesnt use it much anymore.

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

Old 11-28-2010, 05:19 PM

I like our PS3.  We use it for gaming and streaming Netflix. 

A note, Move isn't a game, but a special controller that is similiar to the Wii's controller.  The bundle you are referring to comes with Sports Champions, which is a Move game.  You only get one Dualshock controller (the regular controller) and one Move controller in that bundle.   If your kids are going to want to play the games together, you will need another regular controller and another Move controller, and probably two Navigation controllers.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:51 PM

We have one, and we love it. I bought it last year as a joint Christmas gift for ds and dh. We use it to stream netflix, play blu ray movies, and occasionally video games. (we also have a wii and xbox so we are mostly using the ps3 for movies).

Right now is actually a good time to buy as I have seen some bundles out there where you can get the ps3, blu ray movies and games all for near the price of just the ps3 (I think walmart has this for 388)

Old 11-28-2010, 10:57 PM

If there isn't a specific game for PS3 that your kids want, I would really consider the XBox 360 (with Kinect) over the PS3.  You can get a XBox 360 w/Kinect bundle for $299 instead of $399 and the Kinect experience blows the PS3 Move out of the water hands down. 

Old 12-02-2010, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for all your responses. I went and tested both the Xbox and PS3 this weekend, and I really enjoyed the PS3 much more...I also have to say, the Move was really neat! My children are in the age ranges of 10-14 and I think they would get bored with the Kinect and would need to have the motion control in their hands. But thank you again for all your wonderful responses! 

User Tag List