Do you share your Kindle? (X posted in TAO) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-13-2010, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering. I'm thinking of getting my parents one for Christmas. But I can't afford 2. Do couples share them? Or is that wack?

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#2 of 4 Old 12-13-2010, 07:11 PM

I don't know if it's wack, but it would be tricky. Often couples read at the same time and that would be tricky. My sister and I are registering her kindle on my account so that we'll have the same books to share,but we'll have 2 kindles. I'm not sure how it would work.

Sorry.

#3 of 4 Old 12-14-2010, 08:20 AM

It would totally depend on their reading habits. If they both read together before bed, it isn't going to work. If one of them likes to read after dinner, and the other before bed, it would work out just fine! My husband and I have been sharing one. He isn't a big reader, and when he does read, it is usually right after dinner. I always read before bed. It works out just fine for us!

ETA: I love my Kindle, but I only do about 1/2 of my reading on it. I still love using the library, and the eLibrary books are not compatible with the Kindle, so those I read on paper. I also like to borrow books from friends/family, so those obviously are not electronic. Do you think your parents would do all of their reading on the Kindle?

#4 of 4 Old 12-14-2010, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I think sharing could work, depends on the couple though. It would be fine for DH and me. We don't tend to be reading at the same time. Even if we are, we have tons of reading material around, so even if we are sharing a book there are other options. If our children just gifted us with 1 e-reader, we'd be happy with that. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page