Dexter books by Jeff Lindsay? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-07-2011, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone read these? I am a HUGE fan of the show, but have heard that the show does not follow the books very closely. Have picked up book #1, but have not read it yet.

#2 of 5 Old 01-08-2011, 06:19 PM

I have read all 5 books in the series and really enjoyed them.  I like Jeff Lindsay's writing style.  I also LOVE the show.  I agree that the books don't really follow the show at all, but for me that was ok and maybe even better since I had no idea what would happen in the books having already watched all the seasons of the tv series.  I would recommend reading them :)

#3 of 5 Old 01-08-2011, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Cool! I read the first 50 pages of 'Darkly Dreaming Dexter' last night, and have enjoyed it a lot so far. The differences from the series are throwing me off a bit, but I really like the authors writing style. Good stuff. I love having a series to get addicted to!

#4 of 5 Old 01-27-2011, 12:53 PM

I love the series, but hated the books.  I had to force myself to finish them.  Eventually I just gave up.  This is rare for me.  Usually I love the books more than the movie/show.  I really dislike his writing.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#5 of 5 Old 01-29-2011, 03:34 AM

I am only on season 2 of the show which I love but I am not really into mystery type books so I didn't think I'd like the series so much. I was curious how it compared to the books, though, so I did listen (audiobook) to the first book. I'm not going to read more because I was right that it just isn't the type of book I would normally read but I am continuing to watch the series!

Allison, mom to ds born May 2002

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page