I know I'm totally late to the game... Inception? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-14-2011, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We just got this in our Netflix finally, and I found it fascinating! Little elements of The Matrix here and there yes? I think the cast was excellent, and Leo is really underrated. It was good to see Ellen Page as... quietly normal.  I found spiritual elements there as well. I think the art/cinematography was beautiful too. What did you all think?

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 01-14-2011, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

We just saw it last week too, after missing it in the cinema last year. I enjoyed it. It was very cleverly done, and quite thought-provoking. We had a lot of discussion about how many different dream levels there were - and whether he was actually dreaming the entire thing. 

#3 of 8 Old 01-14-2011, 01:58 PM

Yes, I too liked is on so many levels lol.gif

May sound strange, but I really relate to this movie...I often feel I have one foot in this world, and one foot in another...

Loved how the movie finished wondering if he's still living a dream. 

Truly movie making at its best.

#4 of 8 Old 01-15-2011, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

i still havent seen that movie but am dying to. 

one of my friends whose opinions on movies match mine recommended it. 

so i cant wait to watch it. i am not a big science fiction person, but cant wait to watch it. 

in many places i have seen it get really high stars for review by the general public. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#5 of 8 Old 01-15-2011, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We watched it last weekend and really loved it! Very interesting and it's great to see Leonardo DiCaprio back to work. I've love him since seeing Titanic!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#6 of 8 Old 01-15-2011, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Loved how the movie finished wondering if he's still living a dream.

Yes! Got a bit of a debate with my fiance over that part LOL.

I related to this movie with the dream aspect so much. Dreams have always been a big thing for me and more so in recent years.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#7 of 8 Old 01-19-2011, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

My husband wanted to see it, so we went and saw it in the theater when he had a day off.  Then we talked about it at length, but I had a disconnect with it in that the way dreams worked in that world were different enough than how dreams work for me.  But now, oddly enough, I can't remember specifically what it was.

#8 of 8 Old 01-20-2011, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just finally watched it a few nights ago and am so glad to see this thread.  I LOVED it.  So much that I watched it again the next night just to see things I had missed.  My husband and son, not so much.

I also saw parts of the Matrix in it and brought it up to DH but he didn't really catch it. 

I guess I've wondered so many times if this life is really a dream, or if parts of my life were really dreams or whatever that the movies really resonated with me.  I also am big into lucid dreaming and have trained myself to be able to do certain things in my dreams so I thought it was pretty cool. 

I thought the plot, acting, cinematography were all pretty darn good too.  Really wish I had seen it on the big screen.  Actually, that was my FB post after I watched it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page