Audiobooks for Four Year Olds - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-19-2011, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My daughter like audiobooks, though it' hard to find good books for her age and taste. (Loved Little Bear, Pippi Longstocking, a Beatrix Potter collection, and the Adventures of Raggedy Anne; she didn't like Stuart Little or the House on Pooh Corner.) She'll be four next month. Any suggestions for good audiobooks for her?

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-19-2011, 09:02 AM

I work from home once a week with my 4 year old home, and audiobooks are seriously a major tool I use for getting through the day! Mostly, we take the audiobooks out from the library, but I've bought a few, too. Which books a child likes are just so personal, but here are some of the faves at our house:

One CD that absolutely did not work for us was Shel Silverstein reading "Where the Sidewalk Ends". That one was very interesting. My kids love his books, and they are the ones I always pull out when someone is sick or really upset. But his voice was, well, a little creepy and DS visibly shrunk away from the CD player when he started talking. We shut it off right away so as not to ruin the books. ;)

Good luck finding books for your daughter!

#3 of 4 Old 01-21-2011, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

My Father's Dragon (and the 2 sequels)

If you don't mind books that aren't good literature, you could try Magic Treehouse, Junie B. Jones, or Secrets of Droon.  All of those should go over well with a kid that age. 

#4 of 4 Old 01-23-2011, 09:48 PM

The Mrs. Pigglewiggle series. My kids love that series.  We're getting into some of Roald Dahl, Beverly Cleary, that sort.  If that is too old for him, look into some of the classic children's tales collections.

We love audiobooks! 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page