Can I get a Blog opinion? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-10-2011, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I've been trying to blog, and I do really like doing it. It even encourages me to do more crafts with my daughter, which is kind of horrible in a way, but true. I have always enjoyed writing, and although this is way, way casual, it's something. It's also a reason to take some more abstract photographs (pictures that aren't of my kids wink1.gif ) even if they are step-by-step project photos, it's fun to try to get neat shots of them.

When I started it I said (to myself, and to my husband,) that I really didn't care whether or not anyone at all read it. It was simply fun to do and I thought of it like a photo journal. Now I get frustrated when I only have a few views in a day, or no one has commented in a long time, or my views don't go up at all, even though I'm not really trying to get it out there.

Now I wonder if my blog is just dumb and boring, and I should just give it up. Is there anyone who wouldn't mind perusing a bit and giving me their opinion? Their honest opinion? The last couple posts are catch up from the years end, but generally my posts are how-tos on a craft, or the sharing of a craft with a link to the how-to.

Juise

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

#2 of 4 Old 02-15-2011, 11:48 AM

Are you commenting on other blogs? Could you submit your how tos as guest posts on other blogs ie whipup.net?In blogging it's about connecting to other bloggers.

I was off to save the world, but I got distracted by something shiny.
#3 of 4 Old 02-15-2011, 12:52 PM

I think your blog looks fun! orngbiggrin.gif

I guess you need to a) start promoting it more (on forums, commenting on other blogs, joining blog carnivals etc) and b)write more often to keep people coming back. 

Blogging about renovations in our first home
#4 of 4 Old 02-16-2011, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

asraidevin - I barely comment on other blogs, so, yeah, I really ought not to be disappointed about a lack of comment, huh? lol.gif I had read somewhere that you should comment and as the end of your comment put your blog address.. which.. seemed a little rude to me. blush.gif Is it not really perceived that way?

I didn't realized people applied to be featured, which probably gos to show how little I know about blogging, ha. I did get listed on Filth Wizardry back in October which still brings me more traffic than anything else. shrug.gif

HeatherAtHome - What is a blog carnival? As to writing more ofter, I did just have a ridiculously long break over the holidays because life was so crazy it did not allow for any time to make blog posts, but normally I have been posting at least twice a week, which is about as much as I can manage, I think. Sometimes more, like right now as I try to catch up. I hope that's enough.

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page