127 hours - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-20-2011, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

saw this movie last night and can't recommend it enough.  couldn't imagine how a movie about one man trapped in a canyon could sustain my interest for 90 minutes, but did it ever.

can't get it out of my mind.

absolute must see and please give james franco an oscar.  i've only seen one of the other movies with an oscar nominated actor (the social network) and i've heard colin firth is amazing in the king's speech, but c'mon, mr. franco carries the movie all by himself.  great job!

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 11:44 PM

I finally saw 127 hours this evening.  I don't often get out without the kids to see movies that are intended for older audiences, but this is worth seeing.  Aron Ralston has an incredible story and is really inspirational.  I had seen an interview with him where he said that apart from the scene in the beginning with the two female hikers, the movie was quite accurate to what really happened.

In a way, this movie is similar to "Open Water".  Open Water isn't a survival story since the couple involved were never seen again and presumed dead.  However, it is based on a true story about two divers lost at sea when their boat miscounted the divers and left without them.  I found it very moving, it is an excellent drama that gets you to thinking about what people must really go through in situations like this.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

yeah, i read an interview with him and he said it's as close to a documentary as it could possibly be.

i loved open water too.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

User Tag List