What is your favorite type of music? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-05-2011, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My absolute favorite type of music is bluegrass gospel.  It is so uplifting and makes you feel wonderful after you have listen to the twang of a fiddle or banjo, combined with the harmony of the bluegrass gospel singers.  My favorite bands are The Isaacs and Jeff & Sheri Easter.

Jessie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 PM

I've never heard of bluegrass gospel bag.gif I will go to youtube and check them out though - thanks for the bands!

My favorite music really changes with my moods/stages in my life.  I used to really be into 60s/70s bands in my late teens/early 20s (Zep, late Beatles, Hendrix, Doors, Stones, all the obscure bands that none of my peers were listening to), light punk (Sex Pistols), ska (Specials, Clash). In university, I was schitzophrenic and loved both alternative rock (Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stoneage, lots of stuff on college radio stations that are now mainstream) , but also got into electronic music (Chemical Brothers, Beastie Boys later stuff, lots of trance, lounge and ambient stuff like from the Buddha Bar collections). N

Now, emerging from my Wiggles/Raffi cocoon, I'm introing my kids to lots of the above and re-loving it all!! Currently loving bluesey and folksey alt rock like the Black Keys (my daughters love Howlin' for you and Lighten up), Cage the Elephant (Ain't no cure for the wicked), Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes (Home), Ben Harper... :)

Old 03-07-2011, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

I also like older country music from the 70's and 80's, like Moe Bandy, Gene Watson, The Whites, Mel Tillis, Emmylou Harris, The Forester Sisters, and other bands from that era.  My granny and grandpa got me hooked on this kind of music and I have loved it ever since I could remember. 

Rhapsody also has a good selection of music.

Jessie

Old 03-07-2011, 11:46 PM

I would like to listen Justin Bieber Songs and also Linkin Park  is my favorite band. 

Brothers and Sisters TV Blog

Relationship Matters!!smile.gif
Old 03-10-2011, 05:44 AM

I  did not answer right away because I could not decide!

I  still haven’t!

I  love music all kind of music literally....

Hippy music of the 60s and 70s like Beatles, Rolling stones, the Kinks, Yard birds and more, Jimmy Hendrix, Led Zeppelin. 

Folk music both American and English but also other countries: 

Flamenco, all kinds of Latin music, Salsa, Meringue, Mariachi

Arab music, classic like the singer Abdel Halim Hafez or Om Kalsoom to some of the modern Arab pop singers and underground groups like Yas Pop

The music of Mali like Tinarwen, Oumou Sangaré, Ali Farka Touré and more did you k now they have a desert blues festival every year? I’d love to go one day

Celtic

I love some jazz like from Miles Davis

Some country like Jonny Cash and Dolly Parton

Many singer song writers....

The Opera ‘s Carmen and La Traviata

Many classical music pieces but I am not an expert

Some punk bands

Some hip hop

I could go on an on........

oh yes and how could I have forgotten the old Motown and Blues!

I could go on and on 

Old 03-11-2011, 07:41 PM

Lately I've been listening to the new Good Charlotte, the new My Chemical Romance, Within Temptation and my Depeche Mode collection the most. But I also love opera music, Frank Sinatra and country artists like Gary Allan and George Strait. 

Old 03-11-2011, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I like all kinds of music but am partial to the folksy stuff,

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 03-13-2011, 03:30 PM

My favourite type of music is the type of music that doesn't fall into any category. The bands I listen to most (silverchair, Lovedrug, Red Paintings among MANY others) don't really fall into any category. Some albums/songs may but there are many that really just don't.

I do like all kinds of music in general, though. Not just more contemporary stuff but also cajun music, irish music, etc... lots of different stuff. DS has a Putumayo CD of lullabies around the world and I loooove it. Especially the Aussie Aboriginal song.

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 03-13-2011, 03:31 PM

Oh, and my friends' band Marquis of Vaudeville... LOVE it! I really don't know how to describe it, though. But it's wonderful (or, wonderfool, as they used to be called, heh).

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

User Tag List