Birds & Bees books for preschoolers - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-31-2011, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSilver View Post

And what about that book for the younger set?  Still looking for the right one...

AAAHHHH yes .... the original question that got lost in the shuffle!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse View Post

The "It's Not the Stork" series is one my kids love. Both "It's Not The Stork" and "It's So Amazing!" would probably be appropriate for your girl's ages.

http://www.amazon.com/Its-Not-Stork-Families-Friends/dp/0763600474
http://www.amazon.com/Its-So-Amazing-Families-Library/dp/0763613215/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

I recommended these in the 2nd post. I think they're great for these ages, but I guess some people would think they're too explicit. I'm cool with explicit, though.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:54 AM

As a woman who uses labia and vagina and clitoris all correctly....

When I was preggo with DS I swore that my vagina hurt....not labia, vagina. Went to my MW to find that it was actually my left labia hurting (thanks to a mega varacose vein). So, even when one goes to the doctor complaining of '____' hurting and they know their anatomy, they can still be wrong.

As a mama to a son I must say....I'd like to strangle the person that started calling testicles 'balls'. Arg!!!! Hate it!!

As for as book recomendations....I''d go with a drawing or a handheld mirror and just have mama tell kiddo each part they touched/pointed to.

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

Tags
Lets Talk Sex , Ten Things God Wants Parents To Teach Their Children About Sex That Every Parent Wished They Had Kno
User Tag List