HP Deathly Hallows 2, Second Trailer - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 05-05-2011, 06:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I loved Rickman ever since I saw him in Robin Hood all those years ago. I'm actually a Good Guy kind of girl - I like all the goody goody nerds like Superman more than the restless and dark guys like Batman. But Alan Rickman brings out the GLEE!!!!!!!!! for me, to watch him play a bad guy. His Sheriff of Nottingham temper tantrums were absolutely riveting! My DH doesn't totally understand it either, but I think it relieves him a bit (he himself looks to the bad guys... he sees parallels with himself and Anakin).

Homeschooling mama to 6 year old DD.

#32 of 45 Old 05-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by laohaire View Post

I loved Rickman ever since I saw him in Robin Hood all those years ago. I'm actually a Good Guy kind of girl - I like all the goody goody nerds like Superman more than the restless and dark guys like Batman. But Alan Rickman brings out the GLEE!!!!!!!!! for me, to watch him play a bad guy. His Sheriff of Nottingham temper tantrums were absolutely riveting! My DH doesn't totally understand it either, but I think it relieves him a bit (he himself looks to the bad guys... he sees parallels with himself and Anakin).

hehe, my DH wishes he saw parallels with the bad guys. He's just a big teddy bear. 

DH and I, being the nerds that we are, always are bickering about HP and the fact that the kids SUCKED as actors in the earlier movies. The only one I really started to like is Draco (can't think of the kid's name) in the 6th movie where he really did the whole inner conflict thing well...A;though in the last couple of movies I will give credit to all of the young actors for really maturing well and becoming much better in general.

We often imagine the adult actors rolling their eyes as they watch the little kids just be terrible...A whole cast of fabulous mature actors and they to deal with those little pukes! I feel like everyone has really grown into their roles though. And DH as a crush on Luna, or rather her character. He always insist she is the one with the wizard weed...Sigh that says it all about my DH right there.

#33 of 45 Old 05-05-2011, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldavis24 View Post

hehe, my DH wishes he saw parallels with the bad guys. He's just a big teddy bear. 

DH and I, being the nerds that we are, always are bickering about HP and the fact that the kids SUCKED as actors in the earlier movies. The only one I really started to like is Draco (can't think of the kid's name) in the 6th movie where he really did the whole inner conflict thing well...

We often imagine the adult actors rolling their eyes as they watch the little kids just be terrible...A whole cast of fabulous mature actors and they to deal with those little pukes! I feel like everyone has really grown into their roles though. And DH as a crush on Luna, or rather her character. He always insist she is the one with the wizard weed...Sigh that says it all about my DH right there.

ROTFLMAO.gif

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#34 of 45 Old 05-05-2011, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I thought Rupert Grint did a great job, for a kid, in Sorcerer's Stone and even Chamber of Secrets.  Then he got gradually quieter and quieter, to the point that he was just mumbling in Order of the Phoenix.  He seems to have found his voice again in Deathly Hallows. I think Daniel Radcliffe's nadir of poor acting was his crying/screaming fit in Prisoner of Azkaban ("He killed my parents!").  I thought Emma Watson was off to a good start but then her eyebrows took on a life of their own. The poor girl was trying to communicate exclusively through her eyebrows.  They seem to have calmed the heck down. 

For the longest time in my mind fanfic Snape looked like Rickman's Sheriff of Nottingham.  

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#35 of 45 Old 05-05-2011, 09:04 AM

I saw Rupert Grint in another movie and was solidly convinced of his acting skills as a result.

Unfortunately I think the character of Ron inherently looks like less than stellar acting. Because he is awkward and mumbly.

#36 of 45 Old 05-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:

I saw Rupert Grint in another movie and was solidly convinced of his acting skills as a result.

Unfortunately I think the character of Ron inherently looks like less than stellar acting. Because he is awkward and mumbly.

I thought he did really well with his role so far in the 7th movie...captured ron's shifting attitudes well..Plus he is adorable...my heart is all a flutter

#37 of 45 Old 05-05-2011, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I've always felt Ron was the actor of the trio. I've seen him in another film too - Driving Lessons - and he was good. (Mind you, I haven't seen Emma in Ballet Shoes or Daniel in Equus, for comparison...) This last film was pretty much the only one in which I didn't want to stab Hermione in the eye with a fork. Those EYEBROWS! But she really toned it down a lot in Deathly Hallows. Harry.... ehh. I've never liked him much either. I don't think he's aged very well, in terms of looking how I imagine Harry looked. I liked his comic bit in Half-Blood Prince with the luck potion, but I find most of his serious/sad/angsty bits just seem really forced and overdramatic. Hard role to play though, granted.

And yes, Luna is awesome. :) I think she should host the next Oscars - as Luna, not as the actress. :p

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#38 of 45 Old 05-05-2011, 04:06 PM

As a complete HP freak, I've loved them all the way through. Except I hated how Ron was portrayed in Chamber and Azkaban, way too comic. The 7th was their best, definitely. Dan is not aging as well as the others in terms of looks though, he was definitely cuter in the earlier movies. I so cannot wait to see the last one!

#39 of 45 Old 05-05-2011, 04:18 PM

I'll admit it, I think Daniel Radcliffe is hot. bag.gif I don't find Rupert Grint attractive at all. But if it came down to a book characters, I think if I had to spend more than 10 minutes with Harry, I would kill him. I'd take Book Ron over Book Harry any day of the week. And fan fiction Snape over all of them. lol.gif

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#40 of 45 Old 05-05-2011, 04:25 PM

Why would you kill Harry?

I think I'd have a hard time standing Hermione, but probably because I'm a fair amount like her. Bookish, anal.

Now I'm starting to wonder what Fanfic Snape is like. Maybe I shouldn't wonder. I'm ignorant to the ways of fanfic and not inclined to get educated. Dunno why not. Maybe I'm an anal, bookish purist or something.

I think Daniel as Harry is hot, but oddly I think his handsome quotient goes way down without the glasses.

#41 of 45 Old 05-05-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:

I think Daniel as Harry is hot, but oddly I think his handsome quotient goes way down without the glasses.

OMGosh, me too!!!

Why would I kill him? I just find him very whiny, indecisive, and wishy washy. The broodiness would make me stabby. I prefer hot headed and impulsive.

#42 of 45 Old 05-05-2011, 04:38 PM

Ah, you're a Han Solo lady then.

I can't say I see Harry as whiny, though.

#43 of 45 Old 05-05-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:

Ah, you're a Han Solo lady then.

I can't say I see Harry as whiny, though.

Book 6? Sorry, dbl nak.

#44 of 45 Old 05-06-2011, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Now I'm starting to wonder what Fanfic Snape is like. Maybe I shouldn't wonder. I'm ignorant to the ways of fanfic and not inclined to get educated. Dunno why not. Maybe I'm an anal, bookish purist or something.

I won't say fanfiction ruined Harry Potter for me, but it definitely changed my reading experience.  I was a little disappointed with how this whole fan fiction world had crowded into my head the first time I re-read a HP book. 

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#45 of 45 Old 05-06-2011, 11:34 AM

And that's why I steer clear of fanfic! It's just not right. 

Blogging about renovations in our first home

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page