HP Deathly Hallows 2, Second Trailer - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-28-2011, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi137338137/

Very exciting, huh! So WTF is the jump off the wall about?? headscratch.gif

Edited to add, I'm so glad to see Harry sitting at a little, house elf-sized headstone.  I missed that in the first DH. 

I'm going to cry through the entire movie.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2011, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yes! I was sitting there, leaning in to catch every flash of scenery, hanging on every word, having goosebumps and chills... until Harry jumped off the building with Voldemort. At that point I actually said out loud "what the hell is that?!"  I'm all for changing bits here and there when it works... but this better not be another SERIOUS change. I'm still upset about the way Dumbledore died in the movie. 

Other than that, it looked great. Feeling sad for Snape. 

Blogging about renovations in our first home
Old 04-29-2011, 08:38 PM

A lot of that looks great. I think the battle at Hogwarts is going to be done well, based on this (of course, if it's not, they'd have shown us something else!). But, yeah...WTF? I hope that's just a dramatic addition to the big fight scene, and not major change!

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Old 04-29-2011, 11:23 PM

AHHH! I love that you see the tease of Momma Weasley taking down Bellatrix. I can't wait to see that part haha.

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
Old 05-02-2011, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Who are the two girls in that brief shot in the field? Luna and Hermione? I paused it, but couldn't quite make it out. I wonder what that's all about.

Harry's acting still annoys me, but overall I'm pretty excited about the film. So, if you were due on June 9, what would you do? :p It seems like my options are:

-Bring along a very young baby to the movie (possible, if he were a good sleeper, I paid attention to his sleeping rhythms (if he has any!) and chose a session accordingly; but I'd be very annoyed if I had to leave due to crying)

-Leave the baby at home with DH and some pumped milk (totally not my style, although it would probably be lovely to be sans baby for a few hours)

-Wait for a "crybaby session" (not ideal, because they probably wouldn't start for a few weeks after the movie was released, and I don't want to wait that long!)

Thoughts?

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

You'll be 5 weeks postpartum?  Well from this side of the computer of course I'm going to tell you, heck yeah!  Take baby -opening day-  and don't miss a second!  You're hard core, you can do it! thumb.gif

Old 05-02-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Who are the two girls in that brief shot in the field? Luna and Hermione? I paused it, but couldn't quite make it out. I wonder what that's all about.

Harry's acting still annoys me, but overall I'm pretty excited about the film. So, if you were due on June 9, what would you do? :p It seems like my options are:

-Bring along a very young baby to the movie (possible, if he were a good sleeper, I paid attention to his sleeping rhythms (if he has any!) and chose a session accordingly; but I'd be very annoyed if I had to leave due to crying)

-Leave the baby at home with DH and some pumped milk (totally not my style, although it would probably be lovely to be sans baby for a few hours)

-Wait for a "crybaby session" (not ideal, because they probably wouldn't start for a few weeks after the movie was released, and I don't want to wait that long!)

Thoughts?

Sit in the back. Have your dh stick around close by with the newborn. Put a cellphone on vibrate in your pocket. When the baby wants to nurse, your dh can call you, then you leave, nurse the baby, and come back. I did it with ds2, and it worked really well. I did miss a bit of the movie, which sucked, but not as much as missing the whole thing.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Old 05-02-2011, 05:22 PM

I am guessing the 2 girls are Lily and Petunia as young girls. The flower in the palm might be Lily discovering her magical abilities? 

As for baby, I would probably wait, as much as it would kill me, until I could take the baby for a baby friendly showing. But that is just me.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Banned

Hehe, ok so my DH and I just watched it together, our FIRST reaction was "WTH was with them hugging and jumping off a tower?"

Glad to know I'm not the only one obsessed and alternately confused as hell as to what that was. I know might not be in the movie...or rather I hope because I am gonna be really grumpy if they basically rewrite the final battle between voldemort and Harry.

I love being a nerdbiggrinbounce.gif

Old 05-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post

Sit in the back. Have your dh stick around close by with the newborn. Put a cellphone on vibrate in your pocket. When the baby wants to nurse, your dh can call you, then you leave, nurse the baby, and come back. I did it with ds2, and it worked really well. I did miss a bit of the movie, which sucked, but not as much as missing the whole thing.

Hell I'd bring the baby and put high quality silicone ear plugs in the baby's ears! Sit in the back and if baby gets fussy just step out...Or go to a late show when there is a good chance baby will be sleeping anyway (well more than a newborn does in the first place) and sit in the back buy 3 tickets and take up 3 seats so you have space to spread your arms out!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldavis24 View Post

Hehe, ok so my DH and I just watched it together, our FIRST reaction was "WTH was with them hugging and jumping off a tower?"

Glad to know I'm not the only one obsessed and alternately confused as hell as to what that was. I know might not be in the movie...or rather I hope because I am gonna be really grumpy if they basically rewrite the final battle between voldemort and Harry.

I love being a nerdbiggrinbounce.gif

My son was watching another trailer, as well. It looked as though Harry & Voldemort were completely alone for their final duel, instead of being surrounded by other wizards and witches. I really hope they haven't messed with it, but it looks as though they have.

I hope they make up a whole new epilogue, though. :)

Old 05-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post

My son was watching another trailer, as well. It looked as though Harry & Voldemort were completely alone for their final duel, instead of being surrounded by other wizards and witches. I really hope they haven't messed with it, but it looks as though they have.

I hope they make up a whole new epilogue, though. :)

yeah I saw that one too, once again wtf...

ahh the epilogue, I know so many people hated it.. I kinda liked it.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I've seen leaked filming pics from the epilogue, and it looks like it'll be pretty close to the book - they aged the trio (and Ginny) with makeup, and it was filmed on Platform 9 3/4. Sorry, Storm Bride. :p I confess I hoped they'd reshoot it - Harry looked TERRIBLE with his age makeup. Like, really sleazy and just.... off-putting. Hermione looked pretty good, and I've always thought Ginny had a very mature-looking face, so she looked very natural. Harry and Ron, though... ick. If they look that way in the final film, I think there'll be a lot of giggling and "Ew"s from the audience.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Pic from the epilogue:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

500_ginny-harry-albus.jpg

Old 05-04-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post

Pic from the epilogue:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

500_ginny-harry-albus.jpg

umm...aren't they only supposed to be about 33 or something? I thought it was 15 years later...maybe 20? In that pic, he looks about 45 - maybe even 50!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Banned

ginny does look really natural...bigeyes.gif

Old 05-04-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:

ginny does look really natural...bigeyes.gif

Yeah - that pic is about the first time I've liked their casting choice there.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

[dons nerd hat]  The epilogue title is Nineteen Years Later.  So if Harry is 17 years old when Voldemort dies, then he should be 36 years old in that scene. Yeah, Radcliffe looks a bit too old for 36.  I guess that's theatrical license.  They need to broadly communicate to the movie going audience that Harry and Ginny are grown-up parents now.  A 36 y.o. might easily be mistaken for a 26 y.o. So they made him look 46 y.o. instead. 

Old 05-04-2011, 12:44 PM

In the posted picture he looks a LOT like someone I know, who is 34.

And DH is also 34, and his hair line gave up the ghost a loooong time ago.

Homeschooling mama to 6 year old DD.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by laohaire View Post

In the posted picture he looks a LOT like someone I know, who is 34.

And DH is also 34, and his hair line gave up the ghost a loooong time ago.

ROTFLMAO.gifdoes your dh know you talk about his hairline that way?!!

Old 05-04-2011, 02:20 PM

Uhhhmmmm. No. I don't ever talk about his hair. Everyone else has felt free to comment on it since he was 18, though. But DD feels free to talk about his hair, and DH considers it karma since he called his OWN follicle-challenged father "baldy" and "bald eagle" when he was a child. He's a good looking guy and I don't give his hairline any thought usually. He was balding when I met him, so it's not like I thought I was in for a lifetime of a duck's ass or anything.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
He was balding when I met him, so it's not like I thought I was in for a lifetime of a duck's ass or anything.

lol.gif    Ah, well you know they say the baldies have more testosterone than non-baldies.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:05 PM

Ha, yes, that is certainly the case.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Banned

I wasn't making fun of you or your DH Laohaire! 

I was laughing because of the term "give up the ghost" just cracked me up in relation to describing someone's receding hairline!

Old 05-04-2011, 03:33 PM

I didn't think you were :)

And now we return to our regularly scheduled Hairy Potter... oops, Harry Potter discussion.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Banned

hehe good good...

I LOVE RON!. he's my guy, screw Harry.orngtongue.gif

That's all I've got.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:39 PM

I reserve my special pitter-patter for, uh, Snape.

Sheepish.gif

Well, I guess not Snape precisely, but Alan Rickman.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

hehe good good...

I LOVE RON!. he's my guy, screw Harry.orngtongue.gif

That's all I've got.

Will do. (Did I say that out loud?)

I thought they refilmed the Crapilogue due to bad makeup.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 05-05-2011, 05:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by laohaire View Post

I reserve my special pitter-patter for, uh, Snape.

Sheepish.gif

Well, I guess not Snape precisely, but Alan Rickman.

DH thinks it is so weird that I have a crush on Snape...Uh rickman... That voice!

Best piece of casting in the entire film...DH hates Snape. I love him after reading the 7th book.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Casting Rickman as Snape was responsible for a whole genre of fan fiction, I think. lol.gif

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

User Tag List