LOTR coming back to theaters this June! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-06-2011, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Seriously!       http://www.fathomevents.com/originals/series/lordoftherings.aspx

Fellowship of the Ring:  June 14

Two Towers:   June 21

Return of the King:    June 28

The events will begin with a new and personal introduction for each film from The Lord of the Rings™ director Peter Jackson captured from the set of his current film, and The Lord of the Rings prequel, The Hobbit, and will be immediately followed by the Extended Edition feature presentations which altogether include nearly 3 hours of additional feature footage carefully selected by Peter Jackson.

The part I bolded above isn't clear to me.  Does this mean there will be new LOTR footage?  That would be perdy darned exciting.

By the way, if you look for theaters near you, use the BUY TICKETS search link to the right on the page.  Don't bother with the "Click Here for a list of participating theaters" part way down the page.  It links to a pdf that is not at all up to date or complete. 

So! Will you go to any of these movies? All three?  What say you!

jumpers.gif

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#2 of 3 Old 05-08-2011, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh they are going to show the extended editions in the theaters! That is nice. This was one series where dh, dd and I all saw the theatrical versions in the theater. We don't go to the movies that much.

The extended editions have been out on DVD for years and they are being released on blu ray on June 28th so I'm guessing the theater showing is a tie in to that.

I'm not sure if we will go to the theater releases of the EE. I've already seen them numerous times as we have owned the DVDs since they were released, and will be getting them on blu ray next month. It might be fun though.

#3 of 3 Old 05-08-2011, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Yes, we own and watch the extended versions (over and over) as well.  I'm wondering if they're saying that there is never-seen-before material in addition to the extended version.  Some how I think not, but it's nice to imagine.

Someone moved my effing cheese.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page