Read first or watch first? Matter? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-26-2011, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I have tons of free time this summer so I started reading the Night Huntress series. I'm finished with the most recent one and I'm in a bit of mourning. Lol.

To dispel some of that I hooked up HBO to catch back up with True Blood. I only watched the first season because that's the only book I've read. And I've only read the first book because I read it after finishing the Twilight series last summer and was still in the "Edward fog" and it just didn't do anything for me.

My question is: before I go on to watch the second season of True Blood should I read the next book? Will watching it ruin reading it? 

Generally I have to read a book before watching it or I'll never go back and read it. I've heard some people say it's different enough to enjoy both separately...true?

Sorry, I know there are numerous threads about TB floating around, but I tried to wade through some of it and found that they are loaded with spoilers.

Thanks!!

TEAM BONES ALL THE WAY!!!!!! Lol. ;-) I'm might like him more than Edward! ::shock, gasp:: Too bad they can't be combined...

Center
#2 of 3 Old 06-29-2011, 12:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I wouldn't read the next book, honestly.  I really enjoyed the first season of True Blood, but I hadn't read any of the books.  My husband started reading them in the middle of watching the series, then started complaining.  I waited until the first series was done, and then read the books.  When the second season started, it was so far off from the books, and I really hated the direction they took.  Maybe if I hadn't read the books, I'd have been OK with it.

I generally will watch a movie or show and then read the book.  I can mostly enjoy a book after seeing the show, but if I read the book then watch the movie, I often get bored.

#3 of 3 Old 07-07-2011, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've only read the first book but my sister has the series and is reading them. She's offering to lend them to me but I don't want to ruin the show. I've heard that as long as you keep them completely separate in your mind you can enjoy them both. I'll get around to reading the books eventually, for now I want to enjoy the show. 

Blogging about renovations in our first home

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page