December Book Challenge - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 12-21-2011, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igraine View Post

65) The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett. I enjoyed this book very much. Lots of laughs and some really beautifully written lines about being true to who you are. The main character is a 9 year old girl and she is just a wonderful character. If you like a wee bit of fantasy with a really great story, I highly recommend this one.

I listened to this as an audiobook, and still periodically think, "not as big as medium-sized Jock but bigger than wee Jock Jock."

Igraine likes this.
#32 of 54 Old 12-21-2011, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate

I was hesitant to chose this book thinking an animal book would be too silly or something . . . but Applegate's Home of the Brave is one of my favorite books ever so I decided to take a chance. And I am SO GLAD I DID. This book was wonderful--heartbreakingly wonderful. I just loved every character--both animal and human. Ivan the artistic gorilla, Stella the stoic mother elephant, Bob the tough on the outside but not so tough on the inside dog, and of course Ruby the baby elephant who just wants to be loved. And the humans: George the sympathetic caretaker and his daughter Julie, a bit like Fern in Charlotte's web because she can almost understand Ivan--or at least understand his art. Every character was real--even Mack the owner of the menagerie, though we hate what he's doing, there is more too him than just badness. The situation was just so sad but so well done--the minute I finished the book, I immediately passed it on to my daughter . . . maybe not the best idea to give it to her at bedtime though because I could not get her to turn out her light, she was so immediately drawn into the book. I highly recommend this moving book which teaches compassion towards animals.

Cathe Olson, author The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook, Simply Natural Baby Food, and LIck It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love.  
#33 of 54 Old 12-21-2011, 01:27 PM

Boy, depression and illness really make it hard to keep up.  Nevertheless...

3. The Siege of Trencher's Farm (Kindle Edition)

by Gordon Williams

This is a pretty good book, and reminded me somewhat of The Shining, at least in theme as regarding the supposed crisis of "male identity" in the 70s.  Was the basis for the 1971 Sam Peckinpah film Straw Dogs (which in turn was remade in 2011).

4. Anno Dracula (Kindle Edition)

by Kim Newman

I think it was someone here who recommended this book (was it you cathe?) and boy am I glad they did.  This book sets the standard for alternative (non-)fiction.

5. The Bloody Red Baron

by Kim Newman

The sequel to Anno Dracula, takes place during WWI and is just as good as its predecessor.

6. Judgment of Tears

by Kim Newman

The third in the Anno Dracula series, takes place during the 60s-jet-set-paparazzi-Rome scene and is just as good as the two before it.  Can't wait for the release of the fourth.

7. You Might Be a Zombie and Other Bad News: Shocking But Utterly True Facts (Kindle Edition)

by Cracked.com

Written with Cracked.com's trademark tongue-in-cheek style, this book is a lot of fun, and if half of what it says is true, the world is a very weird, odd and scary place.

1. A History of Horror (Kindle Edition), 2. Mile 81 (Kindle Edition), 3. The Siege of Trencher's Farm (Kindle Edition), 4. Anno Dracula, 5. The Bloody Red Baron, 6. Judgment of Tears, 7, You Might Be a Zombie and Other Bad News: Shocking But Utterly True Facts (Kindle Edition),

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

#34 of 54 Old 12-23-2011, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Shattering Glass by Gail Giles (audiobook)

Quote:

Fat, clumsy Simon Glass is a nerd, a loser who occupies the lowest rung on the high school social ladder. Everyone picks on him -- until Rob Haynes shows up. Rob, a transfer student with charisma to spare, immediately becomes the undisputed leader of the senior class. And he has plans for Simon.  Rob enlists the help of his crew -- wealthy, intellectual Young, ladies' man Bob, and sweet, athletic Coop -- in a mission: Turn sniveling Simon from total freak to would-be prom king.  But as Simon rises to the top of the social ranks, he shows a new confidence and a devious side that power-hungry Rob did not anticipate. And when Simon uncovers a dangerous secret, events darken. The result is disquieting, bone-chilling...and brutal

Amazing book!  This book kept me guessing until the very last page, which is amazing, considering you learn exactly what happens to Simon on the very first page.  But, I was just constantly being draw further and further into the story and the characters.  I was on the edge of my driving seat through the entire 6+ hours and I was left absolutely stunned at the end!         

#35 of 54 Old 12-24-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCrunchyDaddy View Post

by Gordon Williams

This is a pretty good book, and reminded me somewhat of The Shining, at least in theme as regarding the supposed crisis of "male identity" in the 70s.  Was the basis for the 1971 Sam Peckinpah film Straw Dogs (which in turn was remade in 2011).

by Kim Newman

I think it was someone here who recommended this book (was it you cathe?) and boy am I glad they did.  This book sets the standard for alternative (non-)fiction.

5. The Bloody Red Baron

by Kim Newman

The sequel to Anno Dracula, takes place during WWI and is just as good as its predecessor.

6. Judgment of Tears

by Kim Newman

The third in the Anno Dracula series, takes place during the 60s-jet-set-paparazzi-Rome scene and is just as good as the two before it.  Can't wait for the release of the fourth.

7. You Might Be a Zombie and Other Bad News: Shocking But Utterly True Facts (Kindle Edition)

by Cracked.com

Written with Cracked.com's trademark tongue-in-cheek style, this book is a lot of fun, and if half of what it says is true, the world is a very weird, odd and scary place.

1. A History of Horror (Kindle Edition), 2. Mile 81 (Kindle Edition), 3. The Siege of Trencher's Farm (Kindle Edition), 4. Anno Dracula, 5. The Bloody Red Baron, 6. Judgment of Tears, 7, You Might Be a Zombie and Other Bad News: Shocking But Utterly True Facts (Kindle Edition),

NCD -- how everything's okay with you . . . and yes it was me who recommend Anno Dracula . . . I've only read the first one but looks like I need to continue in the series. Glad you liked. Take care!

Cathe Olson, author The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook, Simply Natural Baby Food, and LIck It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love.  
#36 of 54 Old 12-24-2011, 09:54 AM

In Dubious Battle by John Steinbeck

Love Steinbeck! This one about the mistreatment of migrant workers in California apple orchards and how a strike spirals out of control . . . and the stories of the people involved. Great characters, disturbing story.

Bud Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis

This has been on my to read list for several years--I don't know what took me so long to read it but now that I have, all I can say is WOW! Curtis is an amazing writer . . . not only could I see what he was talking about, I could hear it, feel it, and smell it! And Curtis really remembers what it's like to be a kid . . . things like being afraid to go to sleep in a strange room because who knows what might come out of those closed closet doors and so many other things. Now of course it takes more than amazing writing to make a great book . . .  the story and characters were also wonderful. I fell in love with Bud and just wanted to bring him home and take care of him, and when he found his place with the band and those tears that had dried up for some many years let loose - - - well, that just about broke my heart. In fact, there were quite of a few of those heart-breaking moments--not to mention exciting and funny moments as well. I highly recommend this for kids 4-6 grade -- but adults would love it as well. This would be an excellent read aloud choice for parents and teachers . . . also an excellent way for kids to learn a bit about life during the depression.

Every Soul a Star by Wendy Mass

The lives of three young teenagers are changed when they view a solar eclipse. Bree, who cares only about being popular and her looks; Allie, pretty much Bree's opposite, lives in the middle of nowhere and couldn't care less about her appearance; and Jack, overweight, overlooked, with no self confidence. When they meet at an isolated campground and prepare to view the eclipse . . . they learn about more than astronomy, they learn that they have strengths, talents and interests that they never knew about.

This was such a joy to read! My 12-year-old daughter read this in 2 days and recommended it to me and I enjoyed it every bit as much as she said I would. My other daughter is reading it now and then we plan to go to the Griffith Observatory, as all of the information about the eclipse was so darn interested . . . but worked so well into the story that it doesn't feel like you're learning anything. Highly recommended to 5- 8 year olds.

#37 of 54 Old 12-24-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland73 View Post

Shattering Glass by Gail Giles (audiobook)

Amazing book!  This book kept me guessing until the very last page, which is amazing, considering you learn exactly what happens to Simon on the very first page.  But, I was just constantly being draw further and further into the story and the characters.  I was on the edge of my driving seat through the entire 6+ hours and I was left absolutely stunned at the end!         

Adding this to my 'to read' list.

#38 of 54 Old 12-24-2011, 03:43 PM

Calli Be Gold by Michele Weber Hurwitz

Wonderful story about a 5th grade girl, Callie, in a family of overachievers. She has no special talent, no special passion--but is just a nice, compassionate person. If only her family would realize it's not always about what you do, but about who you are. Hopefully Callie will enlighten them . . . Great writing, great story, moved well -- highly recommended for 3rd to 5th grade girls. I'm passing it on to my daughter right now.

#39 of 54 Old 12-26-2011, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (audiobook)

Quote:
Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker–his classmate and crush–who committed suicide two weeks earlier.

On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.

Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.

I imagine some of you (Cathe perhaps?) have already read this book.  This is my first book by Jay Asher and I am now excited to read others. 

All I have to say is WOW!  It is a powerful, heartbreaking, disturbing and absolutely amazing book.  I imagine hearing it via audiobook made it an even more intense and moving experience, especially since the narrators were great.  This book definitely made my top ten of the year!   

#40 of 54 Old 12-26-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksmama View Post

The Dancing Girls of Lahore by Louise Brown

http://www.amazon.com/Dancing-Girls-Lahore-Pakistans-Pleasure/dp/0060740426

This book attracted me because I am very interested in various forms of ethnic dance and the social positions of professional dancers in different societies. I spent many years of my life studying Egyptian style “Raqs Sharqi”, or what is here referred to as “belly” dance. Before I became a mom, I lived and even worked for a while as a dancer in Egypt and know firsthand that dance has a very ambivalent position In the Middle East.  On the one hand almost there everyone dances. In the “old Days” before the society got so conservative and the younger more westernised generation found the traditional dances too old fashioned, no wedding would have been complete without a hired “belly” dancer.  Even in a very traditional, veiled society the women all dance when they get together, however professional dancers are looked down upon.  For some reason, I assumed that professional Indian Kathak styled dancers would be more respected, but according to this book, the dancers in Pakistan have  a way  lower status than in Egypt.  

I soon found out that this book was less about dance and more about prostitution, for the dancers in this book are working prostitutes.  The author Louise Brown is a sociologist and spent years studying the sex trade in Asia and this book is a study on it. Parts of it were very hard to read about, for example how girls as young as 11 are sold by their parents to work as dancers and prostitutes. However, I think it is a very interesting book concerning things we should all be aware of, so I would definitely recommend it.

Oh, that sounds interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathe View Post

The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery

French novel about a conceirge who is a closet intellectual and a young girl (also hiding her brilliance) who's contemplating suicide. They go along hiding their secrets until a new tenant moves into the building and sees through their guises. Slow, introspective book . . . I almost gave up on it because nothing happened for about the first 2/3 of the book, but just when the conceirge's conceit about her intelligence and disdain for the rich tenants were just too much for me, Oku a new tenant moves in and the story began to have some movement. I'm not sure I was all that thrilled with the message that only intelligent people are worthwhile . . . but still an interesting read.

That's been on my list for a while.   The title is intriguing.  However, I think I've bumped it down the list a bit with that review! :) 

Quote:

The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate

I was hesitant to chose this book thinking an animal book would be too silly or something . . . but Applegate's Home of the Brave is one of my favorite books ever so I decided to take a chance. And I am SO GLAD I DID. This book was wonderful--heartbreakingly wonderful. I just loved every character--both animal and human. Ivan the artistic gorilla, Stella the stoic mother elephant, Bob the tough on the outside but not so tough on the inside dog, and of course Ruby the baby elephant who just wants to be loved. And the humans: George the sympathetic caretaker and his daughter Julie, a bit like Fern in Charlotte's web because she can almost understand Ivan--or at least understand his art. Every character was real--even Mack the owner of the menagerie, though we hate what he's doing, there is more too him than just badness. The situation was just so sad but so well done--the minute I finished the book, I immediately passed it on to my daughter . . . maybe not the best idea to give it to her at bedtime though because I could not get her to turn out her light, she was so immediately drawn into the book. I highly recommend this moving book which teaches compassion towards animals.

Sounds good :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCrunchyDaddy View Post

by Gordon Williams

by Kim Newman

5. The Bloody Red Baron

by Kim Newman

6. Judgment of Tears

by Kim Newman

by Cracked.com

Hope things are okay!!

Quote:

Adding this to my 'to read' list.

Me too! 

And good to see you again Zebra!  That's quite a list!

I think I have a few books to comeback with, but not sure if I'll make it back again before the new year.  So, have a Happy New Year everyone! :) 

#41 of 54 Old 12-27-2011, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Quote:

The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night.

But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway—a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them, this is a game in which only one can be left standing, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will. Despite themselves, however, Celia and Marco tumble headfirst into love—a deep, magical love that makes the lights flicker and the room grow warm whenever they so much as brush hands.

True love or not, the game must play out, and the fates of everyone involved, from the cast of extraordinary circus per*formers to the patrons, hang in the balance, suspended as precariously as the daring acrobats overhead.

The main character, and most beautifully developed character, in this book is Le Cirque des Rêves.  Le Cirque des Rêves was also the only reason why I finished the book.  I felt very little feeling or attachment towards any of the other characters, including Celia & Marco.  I realized that none of them felt fully developed and there was not a lot of depth to any of them. 

#42 of 54 Old 12-27-2011, 09:49 AM

The Lake Shore Limited by Sue ******

The Lake Shore Limited centers around four main characters: Billy -- a playwright whose show, The Lake Shore Limited, has just opened; Leslie -- almost Billy's sister-in-law (at least in her mind) as Billy was with her brother Gus until he was killed in 9-11; Rafe -- the star of the play The Lake Shore Limited and also caring for his invalid wife; and Sam -- Leslie's friend who she is trying to fix up with Billy. 

The book starts with opening night of The Lake Shore Limited. At first I was irritated that ****** went into such detail about the play--we didn't just get the plot but the actual lines and descriptions of the actors like we were watching the play along with characters in the book . . . but then I was sucked into the play itself and what happens in the play becomes an integral part of the book itself. Very different and very effective. I enjoyed this book very much.

Tales from the Yoga Studio by Rain Mitchell

Fun, light story centering on four LA women and a small yoga studio. A perfect cozy holiday book to read curled up with a cup of green tea.

#43 of 54 Old 12-27-2011, 10:56 AM

Border Songs, Lynch

Quote:

Brandon Vanderkool’s severe dyslexia and six-foot-eight height give him an unusual perspective on his new job with the American Border Patrol, along the Washington/BC border — just a long, grassy ditch, really, barely dividing neighbours who used to be as congenial as those in any small community. Though his curious mind proves surprisingly adept at intercepting Canadian pot smugglers and potentially dangerous illegals, years of security hysteria and cross-border resentment — and a fascinating young Canadian who has turned her green thumb to a more lucrative crop — complicate Brandon’ s world in ways even he might not be able to see past.

#44 of 54 Old 12-28-2011, 04:20 AM

66) The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making is a novel by Catherynne M. Valente, published in May 2011. It follows a 12 year old girl named September as she is spirited away from her average life to Fairyland. This book was very well written, the images the author described were beautiful and clear. I think, after finishing it, that I do prefer science fiction to fantasy. There were some interesting parallels to "Wee Free Men", but the books were still very different and held my attention for different reasons.

We started reading these as a family and my kids are really enjoying them. They are finally old enough to get caught up in the stories.

67) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

68) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

#45 of 54 Old 12-28-2011, 10:36 AM

Shadow Tag by Louise Erdrich

Disturbing but compelling story of a woman who wants to leave her sometimes violent, artist husband and uses her diary (that she knows he is reading) to get him to let her go. 

#46 of 54 Old 12-30-2011, 11:47 AM

We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates

The Mulvaneys were the ideal family . . . prosperous, well-liked, smart, loving. But everything suddenly everything changed. Though the incident is hushed up . . . the family and everything they had been falls apart.

I could not put this book down for the first half . . . I read for 3 hours straight, the story was just so compelling. But the second half seemed to be overwritten and I found myself skimming through parts to get to what was happening. The book seemed to drift as much as the characters. Overall enjoyable, but sad book.
swede likes this.

#47 of 54 Old 12-30-2011, 11:48 AM

This is probably it for me this month, as I am reading/editing a friend's 400 page manuscript which should take me a few days.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you. See you in a new challenge next year!

#48 of 54 Old 12-31-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (audiobook)

I imagine some of you (Cathe perhaps?) have already read this book.  This is my first book by Jay Asher and I am now excited to read others. 

All I have to say is WOW!  It is a powerful, heartbreaking, disturbing and absolutely amazing book.  I imagine hearing it via audiobook made it an even more intense and moving experience, especially since the narrators were great.  This book definitely made my top ten of the year!   

excited that I just got this from the library, where I had been on the waiting list. first thought the premise would be too painful, but the reviews are all so encouraging. it will be the first read of the new year,

ending the year with Sotah by Naomi Ragen, a very interesting book set in the ultra-orthodox community of Jerusalem. I have enjoyed it. from the author's website: "When her first romance is tragically thwarted, she willingly enters into an arranged marriage with a loving but painfully quiet man.  Dina’s deeply repressed passions become impossible to ignore, finding a dangerous outlet in a sudden and intense obsession with a married man, with terrible consequences."

I was thinking of some of you this week, while browsing the graphic novel of Pride & Prejudice & Zombies.

thank you for your companionship & sharing your book journeys this year.  here's to happy reading in 2012!

mama to one amazing daughter born 1/2004
#49 of 54 Old 12-31-2011, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I just downloaded a number of books for my NookColor.  Swim team is a hit and DS is happy.  I have 3 afternoons a week to read or crochet.

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (audiobook)

I read this sometime this year and remember being moved by the book.  I may need to get the audiobook and try that out too.

See you all in 2012!

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#50 of 54 Old 12-31-2011, 10:44 PM

Squeezed in one last book:

Here Comes Trouble by Michael Moore

#51 of 54 Old 01-01-2012, 04:34 AM

69) One last one for me too, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by  Stieg Larsson. I am probably one of the last people to read this! It has been so popular, which sometimes forces me to not read books! But I want to see the movie (Christopher Plummer, Daniel Craig....how can it go wrong). I really enjoyed it. I read it in three days. I was totally addicted to the story. I am looking forward to the next ones.

And thank you for this great group! I am so pleased with how many books I read this year. I was inspired by all of you and learned about some amazing books from you all. I will do this again in 2012 and see if I can break this years record.

Happy New Year everyone!

#52 of 54 Old 01-01-2012, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

69) One last one for me too, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by  Stieg Larsson. I am probably one of the last people to read this! It has been so popular, which sometimes forces me to not read books! But I want to see the movie (Christopher Plummer, Daniel Craig....how can it go wrong). I really enjoyed it. I read it in three days. I was totally addicted to the story. I am looking forward to the next ones.

And thank you for this great group! I am so pleased with how many books I read this year. I was inspired by all of you and learned about some amazing books from you all. I will do this again in 2012 and see if I can break this years record.

Happy New Year everyone!

I also haven't read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but I have seen all of the Swedish films and the latest US version.  I did see the US version with a Stieg Larsson fanatic and she loved it.  I loved it, too.  Perhaps, it's time to start reading the books. 

#53 of 54 Old 01-01-2012, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

Happy New Year, All! 

Started the January thread:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1340514/january-2012-book-challenge

#54 of 54 Old 01-03-2012, 03:44 PM

One last post for the year!

Quote:

66) The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making is a novel by Catherynne M. Valente, published in May 2011. It follows a 12 year old girl named September as she is spirited away from her average life to Fairyland. This book was very well written, the images the author described were beautiful and clear. I think, after finishing it, that I do prefer science fiction to fantasy. There were some interesting parallels to "Wee Free Men", but the books were still very different and held my attention for different reasons.

We started reading these as a family and my kids are really enjoying them. They are finally old enough to get caught up in the stories.

67) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

68) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Oh, I'm very taken in by that title!  Adding to my list :)

Quote:

Shadow Tag by Louise Erdrich

Disturbing but compelling story of a woman who wants to leave her sometimes violent, artist husband and uses her diary (that she knows he is reading) to get him to let her go. 

I love Louis Erdrich. She's so compelling!

Quote:

We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates

The Mulvaneys were the ideal family . . . prosperous, well-liked, smart, loving. But everything suddenly everything changed. Though the incident is hushed up . . . the family and everything they had been falls apart.

I could not put this book down for the first half . . . I read for 3 hours straight, the story was just so compelling. But the second half seemed to be overwritten and I found myself skimming through parts to get to what was happening. The book seemed to drift as much as the characters. Overall enjoyable, but sad book.

I didn't want to read this since it seemed so popular (I'm like that too, avoiding a popular book :)  But that sounds intriguing.

Quote:

Happy New Year everyone!

Good job on your goal with number of books Igraine!  And I agree, I'm so glad for our book challenge thread, I love hearing what everyone thinks and getting book ideas :)

Quote:

Happy New Year, All! 

Started the January thread:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1340514/january-2012-book-challenge

Thank you!

Squeezing in a last few books for 2011.

#63 The Paris Wife

about Ernest Hemingway's first wife.  While it was interesting and well written, I knew exactly how it was going to end, so had a hard time enjoying it.

#64 Jane Eyre

Reading it again after a false start many years ago.  Approached it with a new appreciation after watching the movie with those lovely people Mia Wasikowski (sp?) and that heartthrob Michael Fassbender.  *sigh*

#65 Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling

At first kind of annoying b/c it seemed like she was trying to hard to be funny.  But I liked how she got more personal toward the middle/end.  Finished in a day or two.  Fun.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page