The Cinnamon Bear - old time radio show - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-12-2011, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is an original radio show that aired between Thanksgiving and Christmas in 1937. A local station here has been playing it for the past few years. I sometimes here it when I drive home, but have only caught parts of it.

The voices are great! If you’d like your kids to hear a old time radio show, a link is below.

From the web:

The story focused on Judy and Jimmy Barton who go to the enchanted world of Maybeland to recover their missing Silver Star that belongs on their Christmas tree. Helping on the search is the Cinnamon Bear, a stuffed bear with shoe-button eyes and a green scarf. They meet other memorable characters during their quest, including the Crazy Quilt Dragon (who repeatedly tries to take the star for himself) , the Wintergreen Witch, Fe Fo the Giant and Santa Claus.

You can download episodes here: http://www.oldtimeradiofans.com/template.php?show_name=Cinnamon%20Bear

#2 of 3 Old 12-12-2011, 01:10 PM

I remember they had this on television as a Christmas special a few years back; haven't seen it since, maybe it wasn't commercial enough to suit, but I seem to remember my older kids really enjoyed it. I am bookmarking this link, might let the younger ones listen to a bit of it before bedtime tonight. :- ) 

Eva, Tired Single Mama of Hurricane Bella~3/06 and Boy Bug Silas~7/08 fencing.gif

delayedvax.gifintactlact.gifcd.gif

#3 of 3 Old 12-14-2011, 05:19 PM

I checked and they also have it on Youtube if people don't want to download it.  It's so weird listening to voices from the 1930's.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page