What kind of music can be added to the play the Importance of being Earnest? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-06-2012, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For my theatre assignment I had to pick a play, read it, and then find music which I could put into the play. The music has to fit the play and go with the mood. The music can modern music or it can be music from the time period of the play. The play I chose was the importance of being earnest. I read the play but I am having trouble finding music which would go with the mood/plot of the play. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

#2 of 2 Old 03-06-2012, 05:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

An obvious place to start would be to research music and composers from the same era when the play was first published. Have you listened to any of this music, and did you find some that you like or that you think will work for your assignment? 

A second, less obvious idea would be to research the music that Oscar Wilde preferred himself. He wrote extensively aside from his fictional works, and the actual transcripts from his court cases are available (and make for fascinating reading on their own), and there are many biographies about him, and so you are likely to find some information if you dig.

Another thought would be to try music from a completely different era or culture, to provide an unusual but effective juxtaposition of styles. Again, what ideas do you have and what have you tried so far? 

In other words, you have many possible choices, and any one could work well if you are diligent about selecting music appropriate to the mood of the scenes of the play, and you should do your own homework  winky.gif.  Good luck with the assignment. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page