Organized Crime Show Fans ? Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy etc? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-08-2012, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Feel like the odd one out with my organized crime tv show taste redface.gif

Anyone into the HBO type series?

The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, Luck, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy and such??

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 05-01-2012, 09:50 AM

#3 of 9 Old 05-03-2012, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I thought I'd love The Wire b/c I loved Homicide: Life on the Streets, but DH couldn't get into it. LOVE Breaking Bad, and am trying to get through Prison Break (we're still in Season 1) before we start Boardwalk Empire. (We don't have cable, so we watch through Amazon and Netflix, but that means we're not up to date on what's going on.)

#4 of 9 Old 05-04-2012, 08:42 AM

If Boardwalk Empire doesn't come back soon I will be... well, I'll be without it.

I also enjoyed the Wire.

I can't get into Sons of Anarchy... we tried it.  We made it through, I think the first season, then we were laughing at all the wrong places.  Always a sign it's time to give it up.  We so badly want to like Breaking Bad enough watch the whole series... but we can't.  We've done the first season twice now, and just... don't care.  greensad.gif

I loved The Sopranos, he hated it. 

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#5 of 9 Old 05-04-2012, 08:56 AM

Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy are my favorite shows ever!  I'm so glad to see someone post about them because the threads about them here died a long time ago. :( I can't wait until fall when the shows come back on.  I really want to check out Boardwalk Empire...but I just haven't had time yet.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#6 of 9 Old 05-04-2012, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I'm not into them , but DH really likes Breaking Bad. I've watched it a few times, but it just makes me feel too anxious. I do think it's really well done, though. 

I've got a rec for you, though. DH also loved the HBO(?) series Brotherhood http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457229/ . Might be worth renting.

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#7 of 9 Old 05-24-2012, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

I watched a few breaking bads, most if not all of 1st and a bit of 2nd season but wasnt my favourite

now Boardwalk Empire is amazing!!! I cant wait for the new season, you've got to check it out thumb.gif

Im guilty of re watching sons of anarchy, I adore it, i have a "son" tshirt for my preschooler like what Jackson wore one episode

the wire just changed my life, just kidding...but it is worthy of all the hype, the character dynamics and underworking of the plot is amazing

Dexter Ive seen first season and would like to start 2nd...its just it takes awhile...its gross murder every episode, hard to watch alot at one time

Ive been reccommended Luck, another hbo I believe about horse racing, but I havent seen it yet

I do all my watching from torrents downloaded by kind big brother and my smart man at home

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#8 of 9 Old 10-18-2012, 08:54 AM

Just saw this when scrolling through the forum.  My husband and enjoyed The Wire, and also like watching Breaking Bad, Dexter and Homeland.  A couple of people that I know have recommended Walking Dead, but we haven't tried that out yet.

Marie-Mom to two boys and a girl.
#9 of 9 Old 10-20-2012, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marieangela View Post

A couple of people that I know have recommended Walking Dead, but we haven't tried that out yet.

You MUST watch this!!  Just try the first episode, and you might be hooked.  I hate zombie movies, but this show centers around a collapse of society scenario, which I find interesting. (It reminds me of I am Legend, so if you like that movie you'll probably like the Walking Dead.)

For all of you organized crime show fans, I have a "real life" organized crime documentary for you.....(watch it and see if you agree it was an organized crime)

A Noble Lie: Oklahoma City 1995

I'm not the only one who enjoyed this film....(okay, "enjoyed" is not the appropriate term, but it was an excellent documentary!)

http://www.anoblelie.com/ Trailer

Entire film, 2 parts:

http://archive.org/details/scm-22598-anoblelie-part1of2

http://archive.org/details/scm-22602-anoblelie-part2of2 

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page