Those of us late to The Hunger Games thread?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-17-2012, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else is late to the Hunger Games like me?

Thought we could have a bit of a chat about them?

SO SPOILER ALERT IN ADVANCE

Anyone??

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#2 of 7 Old 05-17-2012, 09:42 PM

I am!  I just finished the trilogy on Tuesday.  It's far from the genre I usually read, and I typically avoid popular fiction, but it came so highly recommended that I wanted to try it.

I LOVED IT.  The whole thing, from start to finish.  And I feel a little empty now that it's over, LOL. 

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#3 of 7 Old 05-17-2012, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Oh I know what you mean.. it left me a bit depressed to tell the truth.... And I still don't feel 100% good about her ending up with Peeta?

I can't figure out why she did.....? (He's great obviously, but still?) How did you get over that hump?

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#4 of 7 Old 05-17-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmumma View Post

Oh I know what you mean.. it left me a bit depressed to tell the truth.... And I still don't feel 100% good about her ending up with Peeta?

I can't figure out why she did.....? (He's great obviously, but still?) How did you get over that hump?

I get that.  He was safe and stable, which is something she craved.  

Gale was volatile.  And essentially killed Finnick and Prim!

I wasn't surprised that she ended up with Peeta, because for the happy ending, she had to end up with Gale or Peeta.  It wasn't going to be someone brand new to the readers in the last 5 pages.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#5 of 7 Old 05-17-2012, 10:21 PM

I'm still reading the third book. I really loved the first one (and the movie). I should wait to post until I finish the series, since I now read some spoilers. Lol - my own fault; I knew that clicking on the title.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#6 of 7 Old 05-17-2012, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I finished them a week or so ago. I loved the series so much.

I wish i had the book in front of me to quote, but in regards to choosing peeta....it had to be peeta. i thought it was perfect. At first i was on Team Gale, then i wasnt sure and really up til the end i didnt know what would happen (and with all the shocking deaths i didnt know who would even make it to the end!)...but she says something like it had to be Peeta....gale is too much like katniss....peeta tames her a bit, calms her down, he's this positive force whereas gale is too angry, and katniss is angry and sullen and she needs peeta's light. all the little things he does for her....how he hangs in there because he loves her so much....by the end i was very satisfied with what happened.

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#7 of 7 Old 05-18-2012, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

Fav parts? Least fav parts??

I am re-reading the second one and I am loving the bits where the sleep together on the train to stop each others night mares *sigh* lol

Least fav part is tricky.. because all the parts i ddidnt love were there for a reason and they were obviously "the bad parts"... One thing I actually didn't like is the fact that they ALL ended really quickly. Like "Oh yay we both get to win. The End." or "They were both mentally exhausted and then they had kids, The End"..

I suppose at the end of the first one I wanted more of a discussion between Katniss and Peeta about their true feelings etc.. In fact I felt that at the end of each book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokonon View Post

I get that.  He was safe and stable, which is something she craved.  

Gale was volatile.  And essentially killed Finnick and Prim!

I wasn't surprised that she ended up with Peeta, because for the happy ending, she had to end up with Gale or Peeta.  It wasn't going to be someone brand new to the readers in the last 5 pages.

Bokonon- you said that Gale was volatile and basically killed Finick (love him) and Prim... I am having a really daft moment here- so can you explain how he killed them??? I didn't pick that up??? Whoops!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page