Can anyone help me find this book?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-10-2012, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

No idea about title or author... It's a book I read when I was a kid (preteen?). It's about a teenaged girl (Marcy, maybe?) whose family lives in an apartment in New York City. They are close friends with a family that has a geeky teen boy (Joel) a year older than the girl. She doesn't like him, thinks he's weird, and of course the two sets of parents who are such great friends decide to ditch the rat race and "go back to the land" together on the same homestead. So the book is all about how the girl adjusts to this extreme change in lifestyle, from shopping whenever she wants for clothes to having to make her own b/c there's no money to buy clothes (and no place to buy them anyway, since they live out in the middle of nowhere and even the school bus doesn't come by their road). Everyone works the farm and they do everything for themselves.

Is this even remotely familiar to anyone here?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2012, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

when you find out what it was, I'd like to know.  Sounds interesting!

Old 06-14-2012, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

No luck. I searched with keywords on various book sites (including Amazon)... nothing. I did get a little trip down memory lane when Amazon popped up a few other books I read at that age that I'd forgotten about, but not this one. I loved it, and I can't figure out what it was.... :(

User Tag List