Songs. . . frustration with multiple versions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-17-2012, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter
AAK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Does anyone understand why there can be so many versions of a song.  Here is an example.  I was wanting to download the "we are young" song from itunes.  I couldn't remember the name and searched under "tonight".  It pulled up a pile of songs.  Two were titled "we are young" which reminded me that was the right title.  I clicked the preview play button and they played part of the chorus, which sounded correct.  So I downloaded it.  Well, when I listen to the whole song, I realize that this isn't the same artist.  I didn't think it was an older song and when I looked it up with the correct title, I found more than one version--all from 2012.  Now, doesn't the original artist have some sort of copyright?  The other versions are not that far off from the original.  This is frustrating because I am not "into" music all that much, but now feel that I have to be in order to get the songs I want. 

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

You might be seeing remixes as well.  There are a lot of those out there.  

It can get frustrating. 

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 07-22-2012, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure there is a Glee version of that song.  That could be what happened when you just tried to search it, the original and the Glee version.  When in doubt just try to Youtube the song/artist you will almost always be able to find the song, multiple versions and then figure out which one you want.

User Tag List