What to buy for Minecraft - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-21-2013, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son is very interested in Minecraft, and we want to encourage him to use it.  However, we're a one-laptop family.  I feel like it would be best to buy him a device just for his own use for such games.  Without the money to spend on an entire PC or laptop, we're thinking a tablet device might be a good choice.  Do any of you use a tablet for your kid's gaming?  If so, can you advise what type of tablet would be best for this?  We don't want to pay for another cell phone line, so it would need to be wi-fi ready without buying additional service.

Thanks!

#2 of 5 Old 05-22-2013, 11:51 PM

My oldest is a minecraft fiend... He hates to play on a tablet. I think it's not quite like the full version? But I'd have to ask him.

Without playing on a computer, the next best thing would be on a console, if you're open to that... My son likes it on the xbox.

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

#3 of 5 Old 05-22-2013, 11:54 PM

But then again, if he's younger and hasn't played on a computer yet, he might not care about the difference in game play!

They have it for kindle for like, 6 dollars!

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

#4 of 5 Old 05-27-2013, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My kids have played it on a Ipad, XBOX, computer and droid phone.  They claim the computer is the best version. No idea if this is true!

#5 of 5 Old 05-27-2013, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My understanding is that the computer and the Xbox versions are more real or something. The computer version costs $25. It's a one time cost - not annual or anything.

Tags
Media

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page