Farenheit 9/11 what did you think - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#331 of 353 Old 07-12-2004, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There will be rioting in the streets if GW "wins" "again". THIS HAS GOT TO STOP. We are not 'free' if CAPITALISM is ruining our lives and LOVE OF MONEY is more important than our LIVES & VITALITY.

I've lost 2 posts so far on MM's filmmaking style, so I'm sick of it now, but I think we live in an MTV short blurb generation---lots of Americans would have walked out of the movie if he didn't fire info in short bursts, esp. considering the amount of deceit & freakish information he had to deal with.

In my republican "christian" town, the theatre was FULL at 4 on a Sunday. I was so happy...there is hope. We cannot remain so disconnected that we can't hear the low income lives being lost.
#332 of 353 Old 07-24-2004, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just wanted to say...for those of you who were moved by Lila... there are a couple ways to help her... (she was the mom who'se son died in Iraq)

Quote:
"I want to take this moment to say thank you to each one reaching out to my family and I. I am so honored that my son lives on in your hearts. Please remember the fight is not over, we have to date 885 American mothers who feel just like I do, not counting the British and Iraqi Mothers, we need our children home NOW! Also, please always remember to ask questions, if one does not satisfy you, ask another, go to the next level until you are sure for yourself, this is what led me to the White House! Thank you once again for your continued support!"

Quote:
If you'd like to contribute to the Broome Center, you can send your donation here: If you'd like to contribute to the Broome Center, you can send your donation here:

The Community Foundation of Greater Flint
On the memo section of the check put : The Broome Dewey Fund: In Memory of Sgt. Michael F. Pedersen
502 Church Street
Flint, MI 48502

The second place you can donate to is a Scholarship Fund in memory of Michael Pedersen, set up through the Church Family Worship Center Church. Given directly to college students, this money will not hurt their chances of receiving any other scholarships.

You can mail your donation here:

Economic Empowerment, Inc.
On the memo section of the check put "Sgt. Michael Pedersen Memorial Scholarship"
3162 Flushing Road
Flint, MI 48504

http://www.michaelmoore.com/takeaction/vote/lila.php

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#333 of 353 Old 07-24-2004, 07:50 PM

Michael Moore is scheduled to be a guest on The Tonight Show next Thursday.

#334 of 353 Old 07-24-2004, 07:53 PM

http://www.michaelmoore.com/warroom/index.php

Quote:
The September 11 Commission's 567-page final report has confirmed key facts presented in Fahrenheit 9/11. These include:The September 11 Commission's 567-page final report has confirmed key facts presented in Fahrenheit 9/11. These include:

Attorney General John Ashcroft told acting FBI director Thomas Pickard that he did not want to hear anything more about terrorist threats. Confirmed, Commission Report at p. 265

After Bush was informed of the first plane hitting the World Trade Center, he went ahead with his classroom event. After Bush was informed that the nation was under attack after the second plane hit, Bush stayed in the classroom for nearly seven more minutes, continuing to read with the children. Confirmed, Commission Report at pp. 35, 38-39.

Bush failed to have even one meeting to discuss the threat of terrorism with his head of counterterrorism Richard Clarke. Confirmed, Commission Report at p. 201.

Bush failed to react to the August 6, 2001 security briefing, “Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.” Confirmed, Commission Report at pp. 260-262.
142 Saudis, including 24 members of the bin Laden family, were allowed to leave the country after September 13. Confirmed, Commission Report at p. 556, n. 25 [Note that Fahrenheit 9/11 understates the number of Saudis who left.]

Individuals were interviewed by the FBI before being allowed to leave (although the report confirms that most individuals on these flights were not interviewed.) Confirmed, Commission Report at p. 557, n. 28.

White House former counterterrorism chief Richard Clarke approved these flights. Confirmed, Commission Report at p. 329.

there's more. check the link.

#335 of 353 Old 07-24-2004, 08:04 PM

Thanks Tracy.
#336 of 353 Old 10-30-2004, 03:57 AM

I just sat and watched it with ds. I cried/wept many times during it, had to distract myself at other times and was fuming yelling at the tv mad within the 1st few minutes. It should be required viewing for all Americans who go to the polls this Tues.
MM didn't make this stuff up folks!!! This is OUR country! I'm so ashamed. I was literally nauseous as I watched it, and I have a cast iron gut! I'm reeling...
#337 of 353 Old 10-31-2004, 12:33 AM

Finally watched it last night. Thought I knew what I was in for. Thought I knew how awful all these secret allegiances, lies, etc., really were. Thought I knew how evil this adminstration is.

Turns out I knew very little. And I am mortified that there isn't rioting in the street right now about what is happening to our country!!!!
#338 of 353 Old 10-31-2004, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsmama
And I am mortified that there isn't rioting in the street right now about what is happening to our country!!!!
I know! I know! I kept asking dh-what does a revolution look like in 2004?
What can we do if bush 'wins' this time?
#339 of 353 Old 11-01-2004, 02:32 AM

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who can't stand this guy, LOL. BFC was interesting but I thought he spent a lot of the movie acting like a jerk.
#340 of 353 Old 11-01-2004, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah, we watched Bowling for Columbine shortly after we watched F 9/11, and maybe I'm dense, but especially at the beginning, I wasn't quite sure what point he was trying to make. And the interview with, oh his name is escaping me, the NRA pres actor guy ( ) -- that didn't go well, IMO. I was angry that the NRA would go into those communities after kids had been involved in shooting deaths. But then seeing MM go into Heston's home, and kind of trick him into opening up, and then badger this frail old guy in his own home -- that didn't look good to me, it left me feeling sorry somewhat for Heston!

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#341 of 353 Old 11-01-2004, 11:21 AM

Someone here at MDC has a sig line that says something like, "If you're not outraged, you must be asleep" or something like that.

I am hoping that people, including myself, will have the ba&@s to rise up. Not in a violent way, of course, but in a way to ensure that our voices are heard.
#342 of 353 Old 11-01-2004, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisen
But then seeing MM go into Heston's home, and kind of trick him into opening up, and then badger this frail old guy in his own home -- that didn't look good to me, it left me feeling sorry somewhat for Heston!
I thought along those lines too when I first saw it, but then I realized that this guy (Heston) is the president of one of the largest and most influencial lobbying groups in our country!!!!! A lobbying group that IMO does not have our best interests at heart! If he can't match wits with MM and comes off looking like an ignorant old fool, maybe that's because he IS.....
#343 of 353 Old 11-01-2004, 07:48 PM

i for one think michael moore doesn't have a clue what's he's talking about and i'm a huge bush fan! i'm in the minority here but... so many of mm's lies have been disproven yet somehow that doesn't make the news. mmmmm
#344 of 353 Old 11-01-2004, 07:53 PM

It's true, MM does seem to put his spin on things, and he DOES come under fire for that. As far as outright lies, I could be wrong but I know of none on MM's part. Now Bush, on the other hand.....
#345 of 353 Old 11-01-2004, 08:03 PM

nak have you seen the movie? this thread is about the movie.
#346 of 353 Old 11-01-2004, 08:05 PM

I just hope that everyone who saw the movie (or not) really takes time to THINK before they vote. I also hope that everyone takes time to VOTE!

The US is a very influencial country in this period of history. Everyone is counting on you to make a choice that makes peace more possible! Do it for your children, your country and for the world.

THANKS in advance!
#347 of 353 Old 11-01-2004, 08:06 PM

Oldfashioned--I highly doubt whether Michael Moore would make such a huge movie without making sure at least *some* of his findings were true. And to me, if he can prove that there is the slightest bit of foul play...I KNOW that it is probably waaaay worse in reality.
Bottom line is that I find it very hard to understand how an attachment parenting momma could support someone who puts automatic assult riffles back on our streets, tries to take away a woman's rights, places orders which lead to the death and mutilation of HUNDREDS of innocent women and children (not to mention young men), and worse yet, is a liar. Not to mention that the man can't think for himself or form a simple sentence without messing it up. I would love to see him give a stump speech without his "book of words written by others" that he reads word for word. God forbid pages should stick together! LOL
I will be one depressed person if this clueless man is our president again!
#348 of 353 Old 11-01-2004, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntengwall
Oldfashioned--I highly doubt whether Michael Moore would make such a huge movie without making sure at least *some* of his findings were true. And to me, if he can prove that there is the slightest bit of foul play...I KNOW that it is probably waaaay worse in reality.
Bottom line is that I find it very hard to understand how an attachment parenting momma could support someone who puts automatic assult riffles back on our streets, tries to take away a woman's rights, places orders which lead to the death and mutilation of HUNDREDS of innocent women and children (not to mention young men), and worse yet, is a liar. Not to mention that the man can't think for himself or form a simple sentence without messing it up. I would love to see him give a stump speech without his "book of words written by others" that he reads word for word. God forbid pages should stick together! LOL
I will be one depressed person if this clueless man is our president again!

well said! i saw the movie when it first came out and i had to leave for a bit cuz i was crying so hard! i'm not american so the things this country does to others is no surprise to me but it was so sad seeing all those mutilated kids! we have to get this guy out ppl! he's a maniac.
Darcelle
#349 of 353 Old 11-01-2004, 09:11 PM

Showed F9/11 in our beautiful new community center in town, last Wednesday evening. We about half-filled the theater there!

That was about 75 people in our wee podunk town. That 75 folks came out to see F9/11 in the middle of the week in our predominantly Republican town was PHENOMENAL!

Frankly I don't think the movie swayed anyone...I think they were all adults, and know their minds... and I was amazed that there were so many and they were very receptive-TRULY!

Won't even go into MM's facts. No one likes the mirror or the alarm clock either, but the facts of those two things are just that: facts...I DO look like that and it IS time to wake up. Simple. So it's no surprise that folks hate MM and just want to rip it all apart and cast doubt upon it. He's kinda like both the mirror and the alarm clock at this time, isn't he?

Certainly, everyone is entitled to their opinion...this IS America still.

I've seen the movie a few times now...and I cry every time.

Joyce in the mts.

CD Labor/Postpartum (MSTM), Doula trainer (BAI), Midwifery Student/Apprentice, CPS Tech
#350 of 353 Old 11-01-2004, 09:33 PM

I, too, am in the minority on this board, but I have to say that MM is a big liar, even if some things in his movie are true, because so much in it is not, and I don't think he paints the full picture. (Also, I wonder what good he's going to do with all the money he's making from this movie.) I suggest everyone watch "Faren-hype 9/11" and then make a more informed decision. George W. Bush is a decent man who wants to protect and serve this country, and he is being hated for his efforts, as well as for his faith. I will trust my future and my children's future to "W" over Kerry any day.

AP BFing No-vax Mama to my three beautiful girls,
married to my long-time sweetie for 8+ years
#351 of 353 Old 11-01-2004, 10:22 PM

They are calling the election a dead heat...how can that be if so many people saw and are moved by F 911. I just don't understand how it can be so close. Tomorrow will tell the story. If even 1/4 of F 911 is true then we are truly in trouble if W gets re-elected.

Wow!

Kary B
#352 of 353 Old 11-02-2004, 02:30 PM

9-11 is a great documentary!!! I LOVE MM!!! I believe he is truth! He is very gutsy for bringing to light the stuff he has over the years. Most people would be afraid of being snuffed out for rubbing against such powerful people. There is a history of this..Kennedy, Martin Luther, etc. His stuff is not of opinion but facts. If you are going to dispute the movie, please provide links are something that we can look at. Then maybe I'll have an understanding that I don't have now. I'm open to investigate it further.

People like NM are too numerous! Not seeing the movie because they have already formed an opinion from others...I have heard this over and over from many republicans. Very sad indead!

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ingnorance ---that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Big Book of AA page 570

By the way, I am open to hearing any and all facts against any of our presidents or politicians...even if I voted for them. (They all have dirt as do all of us, it's just how much dirt. Bush is a literal Pigpen!) I learned some very disheartning stuff about Clinton when he was in office, but it is was small stuff compaired to our current administration! (and it had NOTHING to do with Monica!) To be a true patriot, one must keep a critital eye on all that run our nation! Blind faith is much to scary. Please, let's all try to search for the truth. Staying on one side just because we were brought up that way and we hang with those people.....remember World War ll and how people went along with Hitler. We can all scratch our heads and wonder but is it so far fetched?

Carla
#353 of 353 Old 11-02-2004, 04:43 PM

Regardless of your opinion or position, please don't forget to express it with your vote today!

Happy voting!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page