Baby Food Book Suggestions - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-08-2001, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for a book my Bradly Instructor had on her shelf and hope one of you can help jog my memory. It was on making home made foods for children (I assume it deals with first foods, but now that I think about it, it probably deals with them for a few years). My dh and I are starting solids and want more information on what foods to give them in what stages. Suggestions?
#2 of 4 Old 12-09-2001, 02:11 AM

Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron? It's a very think purple book and it has eveything you want to know about infant and toddler feeding in it. If that's the book you are thinking of, I highly recommend it.

~Jennifer
#3 of 4 Old 12-09-2001, 10:22 AM
glh

I second the Ruth Yaron book! I posted about that book on another thread. Tons of info in it. If the store doesn't have it they have it on amazon.com. She also has a website superbabyfood.com with updates to the book.
#4 of 4 Old 12-13-2001, 11:45 PM

Oh, me three on the Super Baby Food.

I love that she stays organic, doesn't include meat for babies (eewww! I was vegetarian for 15 years, now not so much, but the thought of babies eating dead things just grosses me out) and is very supportive of breastfeeding.

She touches on everything from food to childproofing to high chairs, just anything related to kitchens, food and babies.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page