AP Books for Our Kids - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-15-2001, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I found these books at Barnes & Noble a few months ago and today, my ds and I went to the library and there they were!

They are children's books put out by Seares and they show mommies and daddies using slings, co-sleeping and bf babies!

Needless to say, we (I) checked them out from the library today. I know that the Attachments Catalog (www.attachmentscatalog.com) have lots of bf, hombirthing, family bed books for kids too.

Can you great mommies & daddies out there recommend anymore kids books that show bf babies, etc.? Thanks!

Warmly~

Lisa

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-15-2001, 09:41 PM

I think rosie's hippos carries a whole line of books for kids that show parents AP ing.

peggy
#3 of 4 Old 12-17-2001, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The LLL catalouge has some excellent book. I bought one of the sears book and loved it. It is about haveing a baby. Not a second child but a third. Mom goes to a birthing center, and the brothe helps get ready by stocking the changing table with cloth diapers. I bought for a friend who is having a baby. kos only view of birth is mommy laying on her backing screeching and begging for a Dr. to come and get the baby out. She isn't allowed to play *push the baby out * at our house. Her dad decided her mom would have a planned c-sec this time - excuse me (ahe had a planned c-sec for the first because it was breech and she didn't see any benifit of delivering vaginally and why wait for things to start naturally, second was a high forcept delivery - epidural because after one real contraction because she had had enough, pit because she stalled at 2 cm. No wonder she had complications) . Ahhhhh anyway, maybe this will give the kids a healthier view of birth. I t is a great book. and organized very nicely.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#4 of 4 Old 12-18-2001, 01:27 AM

What a great find! I don't think my library has these books, but they know me very well (dd and I practically live at the library) so I'll suggest that they get them! Heck, I may just go ahead and BUY them to donate!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page