What is the worst movie you have ever seen? - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-17-2007, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is my favorite American Beauty parody ... from Family Guy.

As you were...

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2007, 12:54 PM

The movie "Hollow Man". Kevin Bacon, how could you?

Me , 36 year old RN and future AP mom in training . I am wife to one wonderful husband and "mom" to one great rescue pup :.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:57 AM

Most recent Bad movie I have seen would have to be The Good Shepard!

Soooo long, so boring, emotionless main character, so slow and....

I HATE the main character!!!

He sooooo needs to get his priorities in order. He had his future daughter-in-law murdered and his unborn grandchild WTF!

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

Old 05-19-2007, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayo de sol View Post
Harold and Maude This movie is too depressing!
Ooh - my favorite movie, ever. I don't see it as depressing at all, but life affirming. We celebrate Bud Cort's birthday every year, just for fun. We should celebrate Ruth Gordon's, but it's too close to several family birthdays - too much cake.

Worst movie = Prince's Under the Cherry Moon. Self-indulgent tripe.

Oh, and Grand Canyon. We thought we were walking into a comedy (Steve Martin, Danny Glover, etc.), and were so unprepared for what we saw. It's probably a wonderful movie, but it was all so unexpected at the time. Maybe I should watch it again....
Old 05-19-2007, 04:48 PM

[QUOTE=Mama Rana
I know i'm alone in that i really liked waterworld and the postman [/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't think there was another person in the world who liked "The Postman".....yes, I confess, I do!! I thought I mainly got good feelings from it because I was pregnant with my first son when I saw it in the theaters, and I just associate the film with that happy time. But watching it a few times after, I do really see a lot that's good about it. Hey, the good guy wins in the end, how bad can that be!!

Anyway, glad to see there are at least 3 fans (DH liked it as well)!

A film I hate? That would have to be "Stakeout" - that prison stabbing scene in the first few minutes turned me right off.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayo de sol View Post

The Royal Tenenbaums This movie just bored me to tears, so boring that I've already forgotten about the offensive parts.
I saw that movie awhile ago, I remember finding Luke Wilson's character incredibly hilarious but not much else about it.

Quote:
The Blair Witch Project A pathetic excuse for a movie. And I can't believe that the producers lied and said the footage and murders were real.
One of the funniest movies I have ever seen.

Quote:
Harold and Maude This movie is too depressing!
I love that movie

Not all those who wander are lost 
Old 05-19-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaVolpe View Post
Most recent Bad movie I have seen would have to be The Good Shepard!

Soooo long, so boring, emotionless main character, so slow and....

I HATE the main character!!!

He sooooo needs to get his priorities in order. He had his future daughter-in-law murdered and his unborn grandchild WTF!
I thought he would somehow redeem himself in the end..And yet, he didn't..It was pretty depressing..

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:14 AM

I gotta go with Showgirls. My friends couldn't believe we were going to see it. I was like, "It's an artsy stripper movie, you prudes!" How very wrong I was.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:21 AM

I just remembered. The Edge with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin trying to survive in Alaska. Big bear vs. man fight. Impossible to watch.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:37 AM

Dont just name a movie. Say why you didnt like it or your view is pointless and a waste of MY time to read.

If you didnt like a movie maybe YOU were not the target.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaHippo View Post
Movies i HATED (cant pick just one):

American Beauty
Mystic River
Dreamcatcher
Napoleon Dynamite (DUMB. total waste of 2 hours)
Pulp Fiction (HATED this one - my dad and i rented it and we had to turn it off at the rape scene. We took it back to Blockbuster that same night)
Kill Bill (saw the first 30 mins of it and turned it off, disgusted)
Natural Born killers (still sickened by it 6 years later)
Matrix Revolutions
Portrait of a Lady ( I love period flicks, but that one was a total SNOOZE)
Anything Quentin Tarantino (:Puke
Collateral (DH LOVES this movie so much i had to buy it for him for father's day.HATE HATE HATE it.)
House on Haunted Hill (the late 90's remake) - i LOVED the origional one from the 60's, but hated the new one with a passion
The Exorcist: - i know everyone probably loves that movie, but i just hated the whole thing.

Oh no you didnt.
And ya didnt have to turn it off. You coulda read the rating.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseMomme View Post
I wanted to throw up to. YOu don't want me to tell you how that scene ended either.

The baby lived through the movie anyways.
Applejuice I had forgotten all about Solaris That movie was agonizing! and s-l-o-w. My Dad went to see it in the movie theater because he likes science fiction and thought it sounded like a good sci fi flick...and he took a nap right there in the theater!
but only just
Old 05-31-2007, 08:15 PM

Recently watched Wendy Wu Homecoming warrior cause nothing else was on. How I managed to not put a bullet in my brain is beyond me. And once again ELABORATE on why these movies suck. Star Wars 1-3 and Pulp Fiction kick ass
Old 06-05-2007, 11:28 PM

The Messengers(2007)
Old 06-06-2007, 12:42 AM

Pan's Labyrinth.

DH and I had to polish off a bottle of red afterwards just to erase it from our memories. What a miserable, sad, depressing, horrendous flick...I dunno why it got all of the awards...beautifully shot, sure, but come on...
Old 06-06-2007, 03:59 PM

Glitter
Old 06-06-2007, 05:22 PM

Ok, I haven't seen it posted on this thread yet, but the ONLY movie I have ever walked out on was Borat. I know many people found it hysterical, but I thought it was degrading and racist...and it takes ALOT to insult me.

CR
Old 06-06-2007, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainCoastMama View Post
Pan's Labyrinth.

DH and I had to polish off a bottle of red afterwards just to erase it from our memories. What a miserable, sad, depressing, horrendous flick...I dunno why it got all of the awards...beautifully shot, sure, but come on...
Wow...
Old 06-07-2007, 05:01 PM

Event Horizon... OMG! It went on forever and was just plain STUPID! AGH!

The Second Pirates of the Carribian... If I hadn't been at it with my dd and her girlfriends I would have left. It was terrible. :P

H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 06-08-2007, 02:57 PM

I don't know if it's worst EVER but I just saw The New World and loathed it.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:55 AM

Tristan Shandy
Old 06-10-2007, 02:09 AM

What dreams may come.

I didn't know whether to laugh hysterically or throw things at the TV.

You know the attributes for a great adult? Initiative, creativity, intellectual curiosity? They make for a helluva kid...
Old 06-10-2007, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaadad View Post
Ok, I haven't seen it posted on this thread yet, but the ONLY movie I have ever walked out on was Borat. I know many people found it hysterical, but I thought it was degrading and racist...and it takes ALOT to insult me.

CR
heh, true story.

we don't see many films in the theater. So when we had an opportunity, dh said it was my choice about what film to watch. I don't pay attention to reviews and stuff, so when he mentioned Borat, describing it as "a documentary about a guy from Kazakhstan visiting America", I thought it sound interesting. I used to work with folks from Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan many years ago, so I know something about the region/culture.

I didn't realize he was being sarcastic. I had heard nothing about the film.

So the film starts, and I am thinking "but that guy doesn't look like he is from Kazakhstan. He looks more Russian, but what kind of Russian accent is that? He isn't speaking Russian. Wait, that village doesn't look like it is in Kazakhstan at all - but it looks like Romania!"

And I am getting more and more confused - until finally about 20 minutes into the show, I get it. I turn to dh, just to be sure, and ask "This isn't for real, right? This is a joke, right?" And he looks at me like i have two heads.

We would have walked out if it hadn't been the first film we saw in the theater in nearly a year.

Yes, it was ridiculous. Some funny parts, I admit, but i just don't get why they had to say it was from kazakhstan when they clearly did NO research at all about the actual country. Just make up a country - a random "Rufistan" or "Georgovia" or some such and the joke would have worked a bit better, I think.

You know the attributes for a great adult? Initiative, creativity, intellectual curiosity? They make for a helluva kid...
Old 06-10-2007, 02:32 AM

I have a new baddie...the remake of Amityville Horror The intro assaulted my maternal sensibilites and the rest of the movie I was beginning to wonder if I was one of the scriptwriters it was so predictable. Yeah like when you start to guess their upcoming lines correctly

And I couldn't get around thinking that the lead actress needs to have a Mama and the Papas drama-mentary movie written just for her b/c she looks just like Michelle Phillips.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhang View Post
heh, true story.

we don't see many films in the theater. So when we had an opportunity, dh said it was my choice about what film to watch. I don't pay attention to reviews and stuff, so when he mentioned Borat, describing it as "a documentary about a guy from Kazakhstan visiting America", I thought it sound interesting. I used to work with folks from Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan many years ago, so I know something about the region/culture.

I didn't realize he was being sarcastic. I had heard nothing about the film.

So the film starts, and I am thinking "but that guy doesn't look like he is from Kazakhstan. He looks more Russian, but what kind of Russian accent is that? He isn't speaking Russian. Wait, that village doesn't look like it is in Kazakhstan at all - but it looks like Romania!"

And I am getting more and more confused - until finally about 20 minutes into the show, I get it. I turn to dh, just to be sure, and ask "This isn't for real, right? This is a joke, right?" And he looks at me like i have two heads.

We would have walked out if it hadn't been the first film we saw in the theater in nearly a year.

Yes, it was ridiculous. Some funny parts, I admit, but i just don't get why they had to say it was from kazakhstan when they clearly did NO research at all about the actual country. Just make up a country - a random "Rufistan" or "Georgovia" or some such and the joke would have worked a bit better, I think.
Borat was a joke on America. The guy does really crazy stuff and gets people to go along with it bringing out their racist, homophobic and anti-anything but America feelings. Borat knows most Americans don't know squat about Kazakstan that is why he uses it as a vehicle to play the joke on Americans.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwyn View Post
Borat was a joke on America. The guy does really crazy stuff and gets people to go along with it bringing out their racist, homophobic and anti-anything but America feelings. Borat knows most Americans don't know squat about Kazakstan that is why he uses it as a vehicle to play the joke on Americans.
oh, I did get that.

BUT the joke fell flat when it insulted real people (Kazaks) in my opinion. The joke wasn't as clever nor as insightful as I think the actor/producers thought. It could have been a lot funnier and less offensive (in my opinion) if it used a made up country - as you said, no one would have been the wiser.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:18 PM

: I loved Borat! I immediately rented Da Ali G Show so I could get more of him. (Borat is a character Sasha Baron Cohen created on Ali G.) It's sort of like Sarah Silverman's humor . . . how can I word this to give it the most possible offensive impact? It's all about the shock.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainCoastMama View Post
Pan's Labyrinth.

I thought Pan's Labyrinth was the best movie I'd seen all year.

These threads are always so interesting to me. It reminds me of why movies shown on airplanes are always so bad--when you try to please everyone you end up with boring. Anything worthwhile is bound to make someone uncomfortable.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup View Post
I thought Pan's Labyrinth was the best movie I'd seen all year.

These threads are always so interesting to me. It reminds me of why movies shown on airplanes are always so bad--when you try to please everyone you end up with boring. Anything worthwhile is bound to make someone uncomfortable.

I loved Pan's Labyrinth. It was brutal to be certain, but it was also quite beautiful.

I really hated Last Supper, Chasing Amy, Mall Rats, Saving Private Ryan, and Fight Club.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlla View Post
Lost in translation. That movie SUCKED big time, I don't understand why everyone was so gaga over it.
Welcome to my world. I was bored almost to tears.

User Tag List