What is the worst movie you have ever seen? - Page 16 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#451 of 470 Old 06-12-2007, 11:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And speaking of disappointing Bill Murray moments, I can't explain how ripped off I felt shelling out for two full priced tickets to Life Aquatic. I guess I'm not sophistocated enough to get that kind of humor.
#452 of 470 Old 06-12-2007, 11:05 PM

I hated Lost in Translation, too. But I totally hate Scarlett Johannson. Match Point was another of those horrid SJ movies that should have been on my list.

The whole time I was watching LiT, I felt like Elaine from Seinfeld when everyone around her is raving about The English Patient and she hates it ... Peterman drags her to the theater to see it because she lied and said she hadn't seen it (she didn't want to discuss it), and 3/4 of the way through the movie she just snaps, in the middle of the theater, starts yelling about how crappy the movie is. I felt like that with Lost in Translation.
#453 of 470 Old 06-13-2007, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

I loved the English Patient so much that I read the book which of course was better than the movie.
#454 of 470 Old 06-13-2007, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwyn View Post
I loved the English Patient so much that I read the book which of course was better than the movie.

I too loved the English Patient....did you see the Constant Gardener?
#455 of 470 Old 06-13-2007, 09:11 AM

I have a new one to add: Rob Zombie's "The Devil's Rejects". I didn't even get through all of it - and just didn't get it. I can deal with violence but pointless violence when there is no plot and the main characters are uninteresting psychopaths - Sorry Rob you are no Quentin.
#456 of 470 Old 06-13-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heffernhyphen View Post
And speaking of disappointing Bill Murray moments, I can't explain how ripped off I felt shelling out for two full priced tickets to Life Aquatic. I guess I'm not sophistocated enough to get that kind of humor.
I loved that one but I'm not that sophisticated.
#457 of 470 Old 06-13-2007, 09:33 AM

Cool World.

And Random Hearts. Holy crap, that movie sucked. No climax. Just one big long dragged out movie.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#458 of 470 Old 06-13-2007, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseMomme View Post
I have a new one to add: Rob Zombie's "The Devil's Rejects". I didn't even get through all of it - and just didn't get it. I can deal with violence but pointless violence when there is no plot and the main characters are uninteresting psychopaths - Sorry Rob you are no Quentin.

I loved that movie.

The best part of the dvd though is the extras. There is actually some funny stuff on there.

I would have to say one of the all time worst movies we've seen (and we've seen some baaaaad ones) was Napolean Dynomite. Oh dear god. The first time we turned it off. Then we tried watching it again thinking we we must have missed something after hearing how hilarious it was. Nope, still sucked. And I like some really off the wall, bizarre movies.
#459 of 470 Old 06-13-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I agree. I love horror movies but I hate that one. Most of it was completely pointless and they only did it to shock and horrify the audience. Which yeah, is part of the point of horror movies, but it was just different. I don't know. I didn't like it.
#460 of 470 Old 06-13-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve View Post
I would have to say one of the all time worst movies we've seen (and we've seen some baaaaad ones) was Napolean Dynomite. Oh dear god. The first time we turned it off. Then we tried watching it again thinking we we must have missed something after hearing how hilarious it was. Nope, still sucked. And I like some really off the wall, bizarre movies.
NO! I loved that movie! It was hilarious! Totally made for children of the late 80's/early 90's who were dorky fantasy geeks, lol.
#461 of 470 Old 06-13-2007, 10:57 AM

Worst movie I ever saw was when I was 12. My Uncle Al rented it, it was called "Firestorm". I have no actual memory of it other than looking at my cousin Ab and saying, "This is the worst movie I have ever seen" and he said, "Yeah, it really is".

So we turned it off and watched "Tango and Cash", which, when you're 12, is pretty good.

Trying to turn hearts and minds toward universal healthcare, one post at a time.
#462 of 470 Old 06-13-2007, 02:02 PM

the doom generation

wish id turned it off.. the end had 1 of the worst sceens ive ever seen in it. its been over 10 years since i saw it & it still bothers me & its pretty much the only thing i remember about the movie
#463 of 470 Old 06-13-2007, 04:23 PM

Well, being a bug nerd, I find myself seeking out cheesy insect horror films to make fun of a la Mystery Science Theater. Well, I've found some doozies. I thought that "Empire of the Ants" (a Bert I. Gordon film from the '70s) was the worst I'd ever seen. It drug on forever, and was actually MUCH better when we were watching it on fast forward and making up our own dialogue.

Oh, but then I found THE WORST film. EVER. It is "Tail Sting". It's basically a "Snakes on a plane", but with scorpions. Filmed in 2001. My dp described it as "Power Rangers meets Snakes on a Plane". That's how bad the cinematography, plot, dialogue and so-called "special effects" were. Oh, and awful stereotypes as characters. It really isn't worth the film it was made on, let alone the dvd we paid good money to rent. I wasted an entire 30 minutes of my life hoping it would get less awful. No such luck.

Kristal: Now an at-home mama to my Doodle and my Roo and partner to my love .
15/52 craft projects completed in 2010.
#464 of 470 Old 06-13-2007, 10:16 PM

Bad movies... lets see...

/me reads through the IMDB Bottom 100 (http://imdb.com/chart/bottom) and lists off the ones he's seen.

* Legend of the Chupacabra
* Alone in the Dark (a song about defeating racism used for a sex scene?!?)
* House of the Dead
* Bloodrayne
* Eraserhead (David Lynch, his freak baby and lusty mother-in-law)
* Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector
* Santa Claus Conquers the Martian (I own this on DVD!)
* Species 2 (aliens + sex = no thank you)
* Curse of the Overfiend (I'm sorry to say I watched that)
* Shrek 3? :-P
* The Gate 2
* Toads (I think that was the name?)
* Eragon (swishy dragon, the rest sucked)

Unfortunately there's a bunch more that DW and I have both a) paid for and b) watched through, mostly crappy z-grade scifi flicks though.
#465 of 470 Old 06-13-2007, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
How about "SSSSSSS"?
#466 of 470 Old 06-14-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve

NO! I loved that movie! It was hilarious! Totally made for children of the late 80's/early 90's who were dorky fantasy geeks, lol.

REPRESENT!!!
#467 of 470 Old 06-14-2007, 11:50 PM

Unbreakable with Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson

The Pledge with Jack Nicholson

Gigli

Sahara with Penelope Cruz

Rollerball with Chris Klein

Lost in Translation

Also, still trying to figure out the appeal of Good Will Hunting.
#468 of 470 Old 06-15-2007, 12:14 AM

Quote:
I loved that one but I'm not that sophisticated.
I loved the Life Aquatic. I agree that it appeals to a certain type, but it has nothing to do with being sophisticated.
#469 of 470 Old 06-15-2007, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heffernhyphen View Post
Oh, this one I LOVED. And I'm not sophisticated at all. I love, love, love Bill Murray and I wept when he finally saw the jaguar shark. It was so beautifully done. I also love Anjelica Houston and Willem Dafoe so that might have had something to do with it.
#470 of 470 Old 06-15-2007, 08:47 PM

Wow. I would list Unbreakable as one of my top three. I loved it. It was understated and beautifully shot. I guess having a passion for heroes and destiny helps me to love it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page